Status: Active = )

Scream

Chapter Eighteen

Walking up to the school the next day Rylee wanted to be anywhere but here. As she unlocked her locker she noticed more people whispering then usual and the police talking with the principal. She pushed it aside thinking it was some drug test going on today. She grabbed the stuff she needed for the next 3 periods and closed her locker. But today instead of Logan standing there it was the two police that were talking with the principal.

"Rylee Tyler?" the taller of them asked.

Rylee looked at them skeptically. " Yeah, can I help you?"

"Actually you can."

Before he could open his mouth again the loudspeaker screeched on.

"Good morning students, this morning I have terrible and unfortunate news. One of our fellow students has passed away. Logan Carpenter moved on to a better place late last night due to causes I am in no position to release. I would like us all to take a moment of silence for our late student and friend."

Rylee's breathing increased as she looked around at everything seeming to go in slow motion. She couldn't hear anything but the sound of her own heart beating loudly in her chest and her own breathing.

"Thank you, we know this is a hard time for many of you so teachers if at any time a student wishes to see our counselor please excuse them no questions asked. Our condolences are with Mr. Carpenters family."

All eyes turned to Rylee some with sympathy and some with question but she paid no mind. Her eyes were focused on the deserted locker across from hers that she would never see her boyfriend lean against again laughing and talking to his friends.

"Miss Tyler were gunna need to ask you some questions. We know this is a hard time but we need to get down to something about your boyfriends murder." the tall one announced.

"M-Murder?" she stammered.

"Yes Miss. Tyler,Logan was beat to death late last night." he explained. "Do you happen to know a Mr. Zacky Vengeance?"

Rylee nodded slowly. "Why?"

"Well he was the one that murdered Mr. Carpenter, but he isn't talking so were trying to get down to why Mr. Vengeance would do this. Your his next door neighbor correct?"

Rylee's breathing hitched and she again nodded.

"I'm assuming that's how you met him?"

Rylee felt stuck between a rock and a hard place. If she were to answer these questions she would only be making things worse for Zacky but this was her dead boyfriend they were talking about. The guy she was with for years the one she had her first with for everything including her first real love.

"Miss Tyler the sooner you answer the sooner we"ll be on our way," the short one informed. "Is that how you met him?" he repeated.

Closing her eyes Rylee nodded. "My mom would invite him over for dinner occasionally."

The short officer scribbled down the information while the other one continued to ask questions.

"How long have you known him?"

"Around a year."

"And from what you know had Logan and Zacky ever come face to face?"

Now the questions were even harder if she said the wrong thing it could lead to them finding out about her and Zacky's relationship. She needed to decide and decide fast with whom did her loyalties lie.

"No," she replied firmly.

"Do you have any clue as to why Mr. Vengeance would have any reason to do this to your boyfriend?"

Rylee shook her head. The officer nodded believing every word she said.

"Okay thank you for help,I'm sorry for your loss but if it's any reassurance the killer was put in jail immediately and will most likely receive life once his trial is made."
And with that they turned around and walked away searching for some of Logan's friends that could answer some questions also.

Rylee clasped a hand over her mouth and ran towards the bathroom. People watched her with sympathy and that just made her more sick. She just made it into the stall before emptying her stomach. When she was done she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and cried. The realization that Zacky had been taken away from her along with Logan made her sick all over again.

No matter how Logan treated her he was still her boyfriend and best friend. These last few moths were rocky yeah but was that really his fault? She was the one cheating.

Rylee lunged for the toilet again but this time she had nothing more to throw up so she was stuck with dry heaves. Her eyes were sore and her body seemed to weigh more than she could hold up. She slumped against the wall of the stall as her eyes began to shut. But just as she was at the border of sleeping the loudspeaker came on once again.

"Will Rylee Tyler please report to the office ASAP."
Somehow she pushed her heavy body off the ground and walked out of the stall ,not wanting to look at herself in the mirror, and straight out of the bathroom. Looking to her left she already saw a memorial of flowers and pictures surrounding Logan's locker so immediately she turned her head to the right to see her parents and the principal waiting for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please.