Status: Active = )

Scream

Chapter Nineteen

Rylee opened her eyes but didn't move. She just watched as the bright red numbers on her alarm clock changed. After exactly 20 minutes of that she finally removed the covers and stepped out of her bed. Her body ached and her eyes were tired. Looking at herself in the mirror all she saw was a mess. Her eyes no longer sparkled, instead they were dull and had dark rings around them. Her cheeks were red from where she constantly wiped her tears away. It had been two weeks since Logan's murder and one since Zacky's sentence to life in prison. The case was pretty open and closed. He did it, he got caught red handed. Since then Rylee had been on autopilot. She only spoke to reassure her parents that she was okay and only got out of bed to go to the bathroom. But today was different. Today was the day she would go visit Zacky.

"No yelling, no violence. You got 15 minutes," the officer announced before letting Rylee and a few others into the room lined with plexiglass and booths, each containing a phone. Rylees eyes scanned the faces of the convicts sitting behind them until she landed on the familiar dark spiky hair at the very last booth. Breathing deeply she slowly walked over and sat down. She looked at the man behind the glass and her eyes began the very familiar burning sensation. He was pale, his eyes were tired and hollow like hers, his piercings were absent from his face making him look completely different and his hair was in it's familiar messy style but it wasn't because he styled it that way its because he was an actual mess. He reached for his phone and she reached for hers but once they placed it up to their ears it was silent.

Zacky shifted in his seat and cleared his voice. "Hey sweetheart," he breathed. Rylee noticed his scratchy voice and guessed it was because he didn't talk much.

"Hi," she responded meekly.

"I'm really glad you came," he smiled softly. Rylee simply nodded her head. Zacky swallowed hard and tried again. "So how are you?"

She shrugged and looked down at the floor. Zacky sighed. "Come on Ry, please talk to me."

There was silence but suddenly she looked up. He could see the hurt and pain in her eyes and he let out a small groan at the pain he could literally feel in his heart.

"You promised," she whispered. "You promised you wouldn't do anything and you did anyways."

Zacky exhaled deeply. "I don't regret it Ry. I mean yeah it sucks I have to be in here but he got what he deserved...putting his hands on you."

"I don't think you should have kil--" she stopped herself. She couldn't bring herself to say the word. "taken it that far," she finished.

"Do you miss him?" he asked quietly. He watched as she nodded her head. "Do you miss me?" She nodded her head again. "Did you love him?" she shrugged her shoulders. She was too confused to answer that question. "Do you love me?" She did nothing.

Zacky ran a hand through his hair. "Rylee look at me," he demanded softly. "Are you afraid of me?"

Rylee stared at him. She didn't see a murderer. She saw her sweet caring Zacky, the man she was absolutely infatuated with. She knew she should be scared but she knew he would never hurt her no matter how angry he got. "No," she finally responded. "I love you."

Zacky's body visibly relaxed. "I love you too Ry."

Rylee's tears finally began to cascade down her face. "Don't cry sweetheart, please don't cry."

She tried to stop but it was hopeless. All she could think about was the man she loved being locked away for his entire life. She would never feel his large arms wrap around her, she would never kiss his full lips, she would never be able to be with him again. Period.

"Your killing me Rylee," Zacky whispered. He just wanted to wipe away her tears and hold her and tell her everything was okay but he couldn't.

After a few minutes of crying she settled down. Only because she could see Zacky's eyes begin to water too and that's the last thing she wanted to see. "Do you need anything? I can bring a package next time I come," Rylee offered.

Zacky shook his head. "No I don't need anything, I don't plan on staying her much longer."

Rylee furrowed her eyebrows. "Are they transferring you or something?"He shook his head. "Well then what the hell are you talking about?"

"Do you trust me Rylee?" She nodded her head. Zacky smiled for the first time since she'd been there and for the first time in a good 2 weeks. "Well then you'll see exactly what I'm talking about tonight."

As Rylee opened her mouth to reply she was cut off by the guard. "Time's up!"

"I love you Zacky," she whispered.

"I love you too sweetheart. I'll see you soon."
♠ ♠ ♠
I changed the name because I felt like it was more fitting.
I started a new story featuring Matt and Zacky so check it out : )
And leave comments pleasee!