Status: Don't know when first update will be but please be patient :D

Don't Ever Let Go of That Smile

What You've Done For Me, Is More Than I Can Say.

*Tuesday 13th February*

Today was the first time I went into the shop as an employee not a customer; and fuck was I excited. I knew I wasn’t gonna be using the gun or anything, but just being able to see other artists’ tattoo their work on someone was a gift in itself.

I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen where everyone was seated at the table eating breakfast; I smiled at the sight. I ruffled Max’s hair and kissed Connor and Peter on the head before sitting down and grabbing an apple to nibble on. I wasn’t much of a breakfast person.

“Ready for yeh first day at the shop?” Max asked, I smiled and nodded. He knew how much this meant to me.

“Yep, an’ yeh the first person ‘m tattooin’ when ‘m allowed teh,” he groaned and I ruffled his hair again.

“Will yeh stop yeh twat. Do yeh know how long it took meh teh look like this?”

“Yep, longer than meh; ‘cause yeh a panseh,” he punched me in the arm and I scowled at him. Dad stood up from the table and placed his plate in the sink. I got up, kissed the Connor and Peter on the head again and walked over to mum.

“’Ave a brill’ day love,” I nodded and gave her a hug. I grabbed my phone from the table and stuffed it into my bra before following my dad out the front door and over to the car. Seeing as I didn’t have my license yet, dad had to drive.

***

“Fin, can yeh come ‘ere love?” Dotti called over. She was one of the tattoo artists at the shop and she was amazing. As soon as we had walked through the front doors she had bustled over and taken me under her wing. She gave me a grand tour of the shop, showed me where everything was and even let me draw a sketch of a rose for some woman.
She was an exuberant, colourful, loud woman and I already loved her. She looked like a 50’s rock n’ roll pin up girl with her two full sleeves and bright pink hair. She was wearing a long grey pencil skirt, a black and white striped blouse and plain black pumps. She was absolutely gorgeous and only 25.
I walked over to where she was sitting and noticed that she had some young guy under the gun and wanted me to have a look at what she was doing.
“Grab a chair love an’ watch how I use the gun,” I did exactly as she asked and sat down beside her, but not in the way, and focused on how she used the gun. She was outlining the start of the guys sleeve so I leant forward and smiled. I memorized every single little detail; how she held it, how she moved it so precisely and so steady, how she applied little pressure and stored it away in my brain.

After about an hour of sitting there quietly and watching Dotti work I excused myself to go the toilet and walked off.
As I was walking back into the shop I noticed Dotti and the young man at the counter and walked over to see how the outline went.

“Hey, how did it turn ou’?” I asked the guy and Dotti pulled the plastic wrap away and I smiled.
“Wow, that’s amazin’, it suits yeh,” I looked up at the guy and I was dumb founded. The guy was hot as fuck. His hair was straight and a mousy brown colour that suited him well; his lip was pierced on the left side of his mouth and his cheeky smile was to die for.

“Thanks, yeh new here?” he asked and I nodded.

“Yep, meh dad, John, works here,” I noticed Dotti subtly walk off from the corner of my eye and I silently thanked her.

“I know John, ‘e tattooed meh when I were 16,” that smile never left his face and I was thankful. I couldn’t help but stare into his hazel green eyes.

“He’s amazin’, he’s the reason I got inteh tattooin’,” he chuckled and I smiled.

“Name’s Ben,” the name suited him.

“Fin,” he held out his hand and I giggled. He shook it and he chuckled to himself.

“’M havin’ a parteh tonight, yeh more than welcome teh come,” I quickly wrote my number on a piece of paper, gave it to him and walked off. I snuck a quick glance back as I walked off and he was smiling.
I walked into the back area of the shop to make myself a coffee when Dotti bounced over and squealed into my ear, scaring the shit out of my ear.

“He were proper cute Fin,” I flipped my long brown hair over one shoulder and shrugged. He was, but I wasn’t gonna admit it to her.
“I seen yeh give ‘im yeh number,” I felt the heat rise to my face and I smiled shyly.

“Wha’ of it? He asked meh teh his parteh an’ I never turn down a parteh invite,” she laughed loudly then bounced off again. I shook my head, finished making my coffee and walked back into the shop and over to my dad.

“Hey pumpkin,” I rolled my eyes but let him hug me anyways. I noticed a guy, probably in his forties, standing next to my dad so I gave him a smile.

“Hi, ‘m Fin,” I held out my hand and he shook it.

“Jack, I own this place. I’ve heard a lot about you Finlay. I want you to draw me something okay,” Jack had an American accent, was very buff and intimidating but I had a feeling that he was a big softy. I nodded, sat down and placed my cup on the desk.
“First I want you to draw whatever comes to mind,” I closed my eyes and pictured what I was gonna draw. I picked up a pencil and let my hand create the image I had in my head.
As soon as the pencil hit the paper my full concentration was on my drawing and I was in my own little world, forgetting about the people around me.

I don’t know how long it took me to draw the roses but I had a feeling it was about an hour, even longer maybe. As I said I was in my own little world and I forgot about the real one.
“Jack,” I called over and my dad and Dotti followed him.

I handed him the piece of paper and the three of them just stared at it with wide eyes.
Jack tore his eyes away from the drawing and looked at me with a smile on his face.
“You drew this from a picture in your mind?” he asked.

“Yeah...” I trailed off. I didn’t know if it was good or not and I was starting to get a bit scared.

“This is fucking wonderful Finlay, it looks as if you’ve traced it right from the photo,” I hid my blush behind my hair but smiled to myself. The only people that have really seen my artwork is my family and my art teacher at school. Having this bloke, who has probably been in the art industry for a long time, tell me that my art was wonderful; I couldn’t even put it into words.

“Thank yeh, means a lot,”

“When you come in tomorrow I’ll have you draw some more stuff for me, okay?” I nodded and he walked away with my drawing.

“Tha’ were fuckin’ amazin’ Fin,” Dotti planted her arms around me and squeezed tightly.
“Where did yeh learn teh draw like tha’?”

“I just’ figured I got it from meh dad ‘cause he’s always been able teh draw. I’ve done it ever since I can remember,” her iron grip loosened and she stood back up.

“Yeh gonna be a great artist Fin,” and with that she walked away. I stood up and my dad opened his arms. I walked into them and wrapped my arms around his torso. I felt his arms enclose around me and I smiled.

“She’s right princess, yeh gonna make a fantastic artist,” I felt him kiss the top of my head and I sighed. I loved my dad more than anything, he is my whole world. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket so I pulled away from the hug and sat back down. Dad walked off to the front desk so I pulled my phone out and read the message.

Ben had sent me the address to his flat and I smiled.
Tonight I was gonna have some fun.