One Week

Lunes – Monday – Måndag

The day passing surprisingly quickly, Emma found herself sitting sunken down in one of the living room couches, a sleeping Elias resting against her thighs as she watched the TV the same night. Unable to keep from wondering if she shouldn’t have taken her mother’s offer of going home to visit that particular weekend after all…

She and Fernando had both known that his want to leave the club for bigger and possibly better things wasn't going to go over that well with the fans. Only neither of them had realized just how bad things were going to get.

Having spent most of the day at the house, not at all wanting to show her face in a city that might just hate her come midnight, she’d watched TV and…to say that her husband was being made out to be a traitor as well as a…well, whatever hateful word you could think up really, by people who claimed to be fans of his, of the club was… It was something you couldn’t even imagine, and she would be lying is she said that it didn’t hurt her to the core.

She’d been a Liverpool fan for years, she’d always bleed red and she would make sure that her son did as well, but that didn’t mean that she couldn't see the business side of it. The ugly side that was ruled by money and power. And not necessarily money that made its way into the player’s pockets…

Yes, he’d come to Liverpool stating that he was coming to an amazing club and that he wanted to win everything with them, but she’d been there when things turned sour between the club and the owners, and even the fans and it really hadn't been a pretty sight. She might have been a red, but even she could understand his want to go somewhere else.

For the umpteenth time in the past hours watching the supposed-to-be fans burning his shirt outside the arena, she closed her eyes slowly and sighed softly as she sunk back further into the couch. Only to jump slightly in fright and for a split second worry that she’d just woken the baby up when the phone lying next to her beeped, but he was still sleeping soundly and she smiled softly as she reached for the offending device, picking it up.

Seeing the new text, a text from one of only three numbers she wasn't ignoring at the moment, she bit her lip slightly before pressing the button to open it. Looking back at the sleeping baby boy in her lap, she smiled softly as she reached out and gently ran her fingers though his smooth hair. He had the same hair as his daddy, the same shade even and she was secretly happy about it, she loved Fernando’s hair.

Taking a deep breath before actually reading through the short text from her husband, she closed her eyes and leaned her head back against the couch as she read the words she’d been both dreading and expecting most of the evening.

They were moving to London…