One Week

Martes – Tuesday – Tisdag

The moment Fernando had left the city of Liverpool by helicopter; Emma had known that things were never going to be the same.

But knowing it, and living it were two very different things…

She loved the city, she loved their neighbors, and she definitely loved all the friends she had there. And now she would have to leave them all…because of football.

Before she walked down the aisle and said her vows, promising to love and honor him and all that jazz, she’d known that there would come a day when Fernando wouldn’t consider Liverpool his home any longer; she just hadn't expected that the day would come so soon. Or that London would be the place he wanted to move to.

But the contract was signed, the next step in their lives was already outlined and now…now she had to wrap her head around it and actually take the step.

Sitting out on the back patio, sweatpants and a t-shirt the only thing she’d felt remotely interested in wearing as she stepped out of the shower the same morning, wrapped in a fleece blanket as Elias was sleeping under a blanket in the pram, she looked out over the amazing backyard. A backyard she’d imagined their kids running around in, Nando teaching their son to kick a ball in…

It was a simple back yard, a couple of seating areas, a large lawn, a trampoline in one corner…

Yet as she sat there, it represented so much more than a simple patch of grass, or distant dreams…it represented what would never be. Because they were moving to London.

Any other time and she would tell you that she loved London, she’d been there several times, but right then, when London had become the city she would be calling her home for the next five years or so, she no longer saw it in the same light…

Sighing softly as her phone rang in the chair next to her, she reached for the device and rolled her eyes as she saw the word private flashed across the screen. Did they really think that she was stupid enough that just because they weren't flaunting whatever paper they were from, she would actually answer the phone, talk to them? Did they really think that she didn’t know it was them calling?

Sending the caller straight to voicemail, she placed the phone back in the chair and turned her whole attention to the pram in which her firstborn, her only child was sleeping.

The same mouth as his dad, the same nose as him and even the same shade brown hair, he was a perfect little boy and watching him move his arms slightly, but not screaming, obviously dreaming something he couldn’t tell her about…everything just seemed right with the world again.

She was a wife, a mother, a student and now also a future resident of London…