One Week

Jueves – Thursday – Torsdag

“You’re leaving,”

It wasn't a question and Emma couldn’t do anything but smile sadly and open the door wider, allowing Lauren to enter the house where boxes were already littering pretty much every room.

“I'm leaving,” Emma nodded, pushing her hands into the back pockets of her jeans. “We’re leaving,” she corrected herself after a moment.

“Can’t you stay here?” Lauren whined as she latched onto her friend’s arm, causing Emma to laugh slightly. “Fernando can stay down in London and you can stay up here, you’ll see each other during the summer.”

“I’d go crazy without him,” Emma said honestly.

“I’ll go crazy without you,” Lauren pointed out quickly. “Nikki will drive me up the wall within the first week!”

“You’ll live,” Emma assured her, swallowing the lump that was forming in her throat.

Apart from the city she’d grown up in, Liverpool was the only place she’d ever called home and now, after a number of years of living there, she was leaving. She’d always imagined that London would be the place she’d ended up in and then Thomas was signed by Liverpool and she followed along to play chaperone…

And now she could barely imagine herself living somewhere else, much less London…

“You can come visit us anytime,” Emma pointed out. “I’ll make sure we’ll have enough guestrooms,” she assured her with a sad smile. “You and Sam loves London,” she reminded her friend.

“I know,” Lauren whined.

“We’ll be fine,” Emma insisted softly unsure of who she was trying to convince. “We’ll be alright,” she added under her breath.

London was an amazing weekend destination spot, she loved heading down there, she just wasn't so sure that she actually wanted to live there full time…