‹ Prequel: Romeo In Blue Jeans
Status: On the making

Two Worlds Collide

one.

"Wake up, Love."

I groaned, sinking deeper into my pillows. Couldn't I just sleep forever? Our bed was so warm and comfortable.

“I don’t wanna.” I whined. This pregnancy was changing me.

“Come on,” He chuckled, intertwining his fingers through mine. “We have to go to Dr. Adams.”

“Bryce is happy and healthy.” I pout.

“How do you know?” He smiled.

“A mother knows.” I grinned, pressing my lips to his.

“Up, sleepy head.” He chuckled against my lips.

“Fine.” I huffed, attempting to get out of bed. My belly was making harder for me to maneuver around.

I was eight months now, so you can imagine how big my stomach was. John assured me every five minutes of my life that I was still his beautiful Carter. I would tell him that he became cheesier each time. That would be followed by him licking my cheek.

Also, Kirky was living with us temporarily. He had made that surprise appearance the day of my baby shower and witnessed Kennedy and Vivi a bit too close for comfort. He didn’t bother John and I. He had always been a great roommate. He just wanted to be away from Vivi. They hadn’t talked since that day. Though I would rather call that yelling.

“I come back to find you cheating on me?” Kirky yelled the second Melli and I dragged him and Vivi into mine and John’s bed room.

“I thought you leaving and never answering any of us meant you were breaking up with me.” Vivi yelled back.

“I needed time to think. Should I remind that you cheated on me?”

“You cheated on me and I took it easy on you.” Vivi reminded him.

“So you sleeping with Kennedy is payback?” Kirky raised an eyebrow.

“Of course not!” Vivi threw her arms up in the air in desperation. “Do you seriously think that I meant to sleep with him? Let alone fall for him.”

The second those words were out of her mouth, the four of us tensed.


Vivi ran out of the room, crying. Melli had to drive her home right away. Kirky asked John and I if it was okay if he could stay with us for a bit until everything was settled. We didn’t mind. Anything we could do to help.

John helped me change into my clothes. I told him I could do manage on my own, but he still wanted to help me in every way that he could. Once we were both ready we went out to the kitchen to grab some breakfast. Kirky was already there, still in his pjs, working on over something on the stove.

“Good morning.” He greeted us with a smile.

"Morning." I smiled, taking a seat on one of the tall chairs of the kitchen counter.

"What are you making?" John asked, grabbing some orange juice from the fridge and pouring it into three glasses.

"Scrambled eggs with ham and cheese." Kirky grinned.

"I can't eat until after my doctor's appointment." I pout, my mouth watering.

"This is probably killing you right now, huh?" He asked.

"Very much." I nod.

"We should get going before you eat someone's arm off." John laughed, handing me a glass of juice. I gulped it down and followed John to the car.

"You know you could have eaten breakfast right?" I asked him as he drove.

"With that tortured pout of yours? I would never be able to live with myself." He answered, making me laugh.

Once we arrived to the doctor, Dr. Adams didn't have any appointments before us, so we were let in right away.

"Are you two excited?" She asked when she joined us in the familiar room.

"Very." John nodded.

Dr. Adams set up the ultrasound and I lay back on the bed. John took my hand in his once Dr. Adams rubbed the cold cream on my belly. She took a few last pictures of Bryce and made sure he was healthy.

"Now, you two need to cut all sexual intercourse to a zero. I hope your nursery is all set up and ready for the little one." Dr. Adams said as she wrote a few things down on my files.

"Yeah, all we have to do is build the crib." I nod.

"Oh no. I don't like that we. Our O'Callaghan here needs to take care of that." She warned.

John laughed, "Don't worry. I won't let her come close to it until it's done."

John and the guys had paint Bryce's room blue two months ago. I kept away until the smell of paint was gone. Once it was, we started decorating and setting up the stuff. All we had left was the crib.

"You also need to have a bag with your clothes ready. The timing will come at random, so I advised you both to be prepared. You won't have time to grab anything when the contractions hit," Dr. Adams warned. "As soon as they do, you have to call me and we have to rush to the hospital."

When she finished explaining everything, John and I climbed into his car. As he drove, my tummy growled, making me blush. John chuckled and kissed my knuckles. I called Kirky, and to my luck, he had cooked for the three of us.

The second John stopped the car, I climbed out and rushed into the house. The smell of food hit my nose the second I stepped inside. Oh sweet food. When I reached the kitchen, Kirky placed some rice, vegies, and grilled chicken into three plates.

"Thank you, Kirky!" I rejoiced, taking a seat on the dinner table. He laughed and placed the three plates on the table.

"Sometimes I worry that Bryce might cause you to leave me for food." John said, joining Kirky and I.

"I'm sorry," I pout, popping a piece of the warm chicken into my mouth. "You will always come first no matter what."

He took my hand and left a trail of kisses up and down my arm.

"Thanks for making me feel lonely, guys." Kirky groaned. I rolled my eyes.

"You don't have to be alone." I hint.

"Come off it, Carter. I'm don't with Vivi. She cheated on me." Kirky was too hard headed.

"You cheated on her too." I reminded.

"So she's getting back at me?"

"Of course not! She didn't mean for any of this to happen." I argued.

"Don't fight," John warned. "She's had enough stress."

Kirky sighed, "I'm sorry, Carter."

"It's okay. You just need to come to your senses and talk to Vivi." His eyes dropped and he pushed his food around with his fork.

When we finished eating, I took the plates, with many complaints from John, and washed everything. Kirky left for work, and when I finished with the dishes, I walked down the hallway to find John in the nursery. I leaned sat myself in the rocking as he worked on building the crib.

"Surprise!" Someone called, bouncing into the room. I jumped.

"Jesus, Garrett. You almost scared the baby out of me." I said, trying to calm my heart.

He shuddered at the thought, "Sorry".

"What are you doing here?" I asked. "But most importantly, HOW did you get in here?"

"John gave us each a spare key in case we had to come by to pick up something for you when you were in the hospital." Garrett shrugged, helping John.

"Please don't make me regret making those keys." John huffed, standing the crib on its four legs. I giggled.

“So, what did Tim tell you in today’s meeting?” John asked.

“Booking ideas in July.” Garrett answered, glancing at me. He was hiding something.

“Garrett,” I eyed him. “Speak.”

“W-what are you talking about?” He stuttered, unable to look me in the eyes. He was definitely hiding something. I stood and pinched his arm.

“Talk, Nickelsen.” I warned as he gasped a few “ows”.

“The label’s making us do a show.” He finally said. I let go of his arm.

“When?”

“June 18th.” He mumbled.

“But I’m due the 20th.”

“I know,” He sighed, rubbing his arm. “He tried to extend it, but they didn’t allow him.”

“Fuck, I’m sorry, Love.” John cussed.

I sighed, “It’s not your fault. You’ve been on a break from touring for a while now because of me and they need you to get back out there. I should be safe enough to go.”

Let’s just hope Dr. Adams didn’t find out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the first chapter! I already have 21 subscribers! Thank you!
This time, I'll update every two comments. I need a boost in my writing since I have two more to write at the same time as this one.
Please comment! :)