‹ Prequel: Romeo In Blue Jeans
Status: On the making

Two Worlds Collide

eleven.

“I can’t breathe.”

“Come on, Carter. You have to get used to it.” Melli said. Her, Vivi, and I had been around town since morning attempting to find my wedding dress. So far, we weren’t successful. John and the guys were in a meeting with Tim back in 8123 and Bryce was with the O’Callaghan’s.

“This isn’t it either.” I sighed. Rebecca, the woman that was helping us, finally unzipped the dress and I could breathe again.

“Is there anything specific that you’re looking for?” Rebecca asked, hanging the dress aside.

I thought hard. What did I want? Was there a specific image of my perfect dress?

“I-I really don’t know,” I sighed, looking at myself in the mirror. I was only wearing a robe around my body that Rebecca had given me. “Do you mind if I look around?”

“Sure,” Rebecca smiled before she grabbed all of the dresses I had tried on. I walked out and I was surrounded by many rows of white dresses. I took my time looking at each one. By probably the thirtieth one, I sighed, giving up. Maybe I wasn’t meant to find my perfect dress. I turned and stopped dead in my tracks. The dress standing in front of me shone under the light. Rebecca peaked her head from the fitting rooms. “Find anything?”

I pointed at the long dress in front of me, “Can I try this one on?”

She had a doubtful look on her face, but she still nod and grabbed it. I followed her back to the fitting room where Melli and Vivi sat waiting, boredom written on their faces.

“I warn you,” Rebecca started, unzipping the dress as I slipped the robe off. “This dress was worn by the best employee this store has had. She passed away from Cancer a month after her wedding.”

“Was she happy?” Vivi asked.

Rebecca nod, “All she ever wanted was to marry the love of her life before she passed away. Many people have tried this dress on, but the zipper is caught at the end, and no one has been able to fix it.”

“That’s alright,” I smiled, deep in thought about the woman Rebecca had spoken about. I was glad she had accomplished what she really wanted before she passed. “Maybe it will just give me an idea to what I’m looking for.”

Rebecca nod again with a warm smile and helped me into the dress. Vivi and Melli helped her hold the dress so she can attempt to zip it. That woman was lucky. As I looked at myself in the mirror, I fell in love with the dress. A huge smile spread across my lips.

“That’s weird.” Rebecca said, stepping back. The dress stuck to me, and I wondered why it hadn’t slipped off since the zipper didn’t work.

“What is it?” I asked.

“It closed.” She answered, amazed.

“Carter,” Vivi breathed. “It’s beautiful.”

“You look amazing.” Melli added.

“This is it, guys,” I said, looking at myself in the mirror, and a tear slid down my cheek. “This is my dream dress.”

Rebecca took a few measurements to cut an inch of the dress, since it was a bit long. I changed into my clothes once she was done and we followed her to the register.

“This dress hasn’t really been on sale, and we didn’t really didn’t have a price on it,” She said, typing into her computer. “But I have good news for you.”

“What? What? What?” Vivi asked excitedly for me and I laughed.

“I can sell it to you for $5,000.” Rebecca smiled.

“Wow, that’s great.” I blinked and thanked her. She had seriously been such an amazing help.

I skipped back to my car with my arms hooked around my two best friends. We drove back to 8123 with the windows down and the music blasting. We listened to the one and only The Maine of course. We had to support our boys. As the wind blew my hair back, I thought back to the old days when I didn’t know John and the guys. I shuddered, wondering what my life would be like without them or my perfect little boy. Once I parked in the all too familiar building, we rolled the windows up and jumped out of the car. I couldn’t wait to tell John that I had finally found my dress. I skipped inside the building, passing the front desk, and went straight into Tim’s office. They were sitting around, humming a song. I knocked on the open door, and everyone turned to look at me with smiles. John stood and I ran, jumping into his arms.

“We bring good news.” I heard Melli say as her and Vivi entered.

“What???” Pat asked, bouncing on his chair. Tim rolled his eyes. Sometimes I wondered how they were related. Pat was a hyperactive loon, while Tim was calm and organized. I admit that he knew how to party.

I stepped back from John’s arms and looked into his eyes, before announcing, “I found my dress!”

“That’s wonderful, Love!” He smiled before pressing his lips to mine eagerly. I grinned into his kiss, pulling him closer to me.

“Not in my office, please.” Tim groaned. John and I rolled our eyes when we stepped back.

“I miss our perfect little boy.” I pout when John pulled me to sit on his lap.

“Me too,” He chuckled, kissing my head. “We’re about to finish.”

“What are you guys doing?” Vivi asked, peaking over Kennedy’s shoulder. He held a sheet of paper with John’s neat handwriting.

“John wrote a new song.” Jared answered, strumming his guitar.

“Can we hear it?” Melli asked.

“Nope, not until it’s ready.” Garrett replied, wrapping his arms around her waist.

When the guys finished, John and I climbed into my car, and my friends left with the guys in the van back to Max’s house for a party tonight. John’s parents were going to babysit Bryce for the night, but we wanted to at least spend dinner with them. John drove and his hand held onto mine.

“So,” I grinned, facing him. “Am I ever going to inspire you to write a song?”

“You have no idea how much inspiration I have in me because of you,” He answered. “I just spilled three different songs juts this morning about the way you make me feel.”

I blushed and kissed his hand, and he chuckled. When we arrived to the O’Callaghan home, Bryce waddled over to me. I picked him up and kissed every inch of his face.

“How did my perfect little boy, behave?” John asked and Bryce extended his arms to him. John took him from my arms and kissed his small head.

“He’s always an angel.” Jenny (John’s mom) assured us.

“Did you find anything, Carter?” Mr. O’Callaghan asked once we joined everyone in the living room. Shane ran over and wrapped me in a tight hug.

“I did,” I smiled and returned Shane’s hug. “And is it just me or did you grow, Shane Ohh?”

“Yes I have!” He answered proudly. Ross rolled his eyes and gave me a hug. John’s brothers were the best.

“Shane took a nap with Bryce today,” Jenny chuckled. “It was the cutest.”

“Please tell me you got a picture of that, mom.” John teased, bouncing Bryce on his lap.

“Of course I did.” She smiled proudly, and Shane groaned.

I helped Jenny in the kitchen and setting the kitchen. She had made so much food that I thought we would explode by the end of the night. Her food was always amazing, though. Once everything was ready and the table was set, we called everyone to eat. They instantly piled in. John sat Bryce on his highchair before I sat in between my two favorite boys.

“Did you guys send out the wedding invitations?” Mr. O’Callaghan asked.

“Yeah,” John answered. “We had so many people on the list that we had to cut down a few people. We’re down to 150 people.”

“Most people are John’s friendship.” I added and we all laughed. John had a lot of friends. What can I say? My boyfriend was the kindest and friendliest boy around.

“Are you inviting your mother, Carter?” Jenny asked.

I sighed and shook my head, “My dad asked me to talk to her, but I can’t.”

John IV and Jenny gave me a warm smile. They’re eyes showed me that they accepted my decision just like John had. I fed Bryce small pieces of the amazing lasagna Jenny had made. It was the best thing I had ever eaten, and Bryce agreed. Each time I fed him small bits, he laughed and clapped his hands happily.

Bryce yawned once dinner was over and we sat around talking. I followed John to his old room to put him to sleep in the extra crib. He was asleep before John could cover him. I smiled and wrapped my arms around John’s waist.

“Remember the nights we had in this room?” He asked.

“Of course I do.” I chuckled, kissing him. We quietly left the room and said our goodbyes before we climbed into my car again. Tom Petty softly played in the background as we talked about a few wedding details, like the seating arrangements in the reception and the food we could have for the guests.

We had to park in the corner of Max’s street since every other parking spot was taken. Moose was known for his parties. He was definitely the party animal of the group. Music boomed through the walls, which made me wonder how the neighbors didn’t complain.

“My girlfriend’s here!” Halvo shrieked when John and I stepped inside the house, and his arms wrapped around me.

“For the last time, Halvo,” I sighed. “We can’t be together. You’re too perfect for me.”

“If Eric’s perfect then I must be phenomenal.” Nick cockily said, before hugging me. I laughed and John rolled his eyes.

“Keep dreaming, Nick.” John sighed, patting his friend’s back.

“Carter!!!” Another familiar voice shrieked before they jumped on me.

“Pat, you’re insane.” I laughed.

“But you love me.” He stated. I couldn’t deny that. I loved his crazy self. John took my hand and snatched me away from the group of boys surrounding me. I laughed and his arm wrapped around my waist. We went to the kitchen and each grabbed a beer.

“You drink up tonight,” I smiled, taking a small sip of my beer. “I’ll drive tonight.”

“Are you sure?” He asked and I nod.

“Hey, you two!” Max greeted us once we finally found him and the rest of the guys outside with my best friends. John sat on the hammock and sat me on his lap. The best of nights were when I spent them surrounded by the boy I loved with every inch of my heart and the best of friends. My son meant the world to me now, though, and I sure did miss him. I couldn’t wait for the wedding.
♠ ♠ ♠
I only got one comment last chapter, which is my I took so long to update. I deeply apologize.
I'll be bringing back Kirky, so get ready!
:D