‹ Prequel: Romeo In Blue Jeans
Status: On the making

Two Worlds Collide

fifteen.

JOHN POV

Five. Five long, dreadful days and she still hadn't opened her eyes.

My eyes scanned her frail figure for the hundredth time that day. Her skin was pale and she seemed to look thinner. They were feeding her through medical tubes, but I didn't like when they did that. Was that actual food, or just more drugs?

They had been injecting her with many drugs to ease the pain. This worried me. How much pain was she actually in that they had to keep numbing it? Was she going to be okay?

All I wished for is to have my Carter back. Healthy and happy in my arms.

When the accident happened five days ago, my world seemed to fall apart. I had a bad feeling about her leaving the club. I should have stopped her. After an hour of her departure, I grew worried. She should have made it home in twenty minutes. Everything told me to calm down, that maybe she had was busy trying to put Bryce to sleep. The worried feeling never left.

I flashed back to the painful memories of that night.

The music died down a minute later and the massive crowd shout complaints at the DJ. The words he spoke into the microphone destroyed me.

"I apologize, but the cops are here. They would like to know who in here knows a woman called Carter Gomez. They'll be outside waiting for you."

The music started again, and I remained frozen. Something had happened to my Carter. I knew it.

"John?" Pat shook me out of my trance.

"You okay, man?" Jared asked. All of my friends and band mates watched me, waiting for me to move.

"I have to go talk to them." My voice cracked, and I sped off to the front of the club.

Two cops stood in front of me now. In their eyes, I could read the pity. They were trying to figure out the easiest way to drop the news on me. There was no easy way when it involved something this bad happening to my Carter.

"I'm Carter Gomez's fiance," I finally spoke, trying to keep calm. I could feel tears burning in the back of my eyes. "Is she okay? What happened?"

"Did you know that she left the club in a taxi?" One of the officers named Officer Brooks asked. I nod my head even though my whole body felt numb.

"Son, someone took the red light and crashed into the taxi she was in. It hit them on the side she was sitting in and the car flipped over a few times." Officer Rogue added.

"W-what? I-is she okay?" Garrett asked. I didn't realize everyone had joined me outside, and I mentally thanked Garrett for asking what I wished I could. I couldn't find any words to say.

"She was wearing her seat belt, but she's still pretty beaten up from what we heard," Brooks answered. "They're transferring her to the hospital right now."

That's all I needed to hear. I turned in my heels and ran to the fan, kicking the ignition on as everyone else climbed in. No one spoke as I sped through the streets of Dallas. Austin did explain to me the way to go.


When we made it to the hospital, they didn't allow me to see her for two hours. Two long and horrible hours. When they did allow me into her room, she lay as still as she lay now. We managed to transfer her from Dallas to Tempe on the second day.She had bruises around her pale skin, cuts starting to close, a broken leg, and some scratched and bruises on her right cheek. The doctors had said she could have been in worst condition. I almost punched them. What could be worst than watching the love of your life lay unmoving in a hospital bed?

I cried a lot, even in front of my friends whenever they came to visit. I didn't care if they saw my weak side.

Bryce was staying with my parents for the time being. I didn't want him seeing his mom in such a state. I planned on bringing him as soon as she looked better. I wanted him to see her awake and happy, like I wished I could see her. I had stayed with her, only leaving to shower, change, and visit Bryce.

"Carter, please open your eyes. I need you here with me. I miss you so much. I hate seeing you like this. It's killing me slowly," I whispered, stroking her hair. "I love you."

She had to come back to me.

CARTER POV

Harmony. Ease. Tranquility.

That's all I felt.

I didn't know where I was, but I didn't want to open my eyes. I was so sleepy.

An annoying repetitive beeping surrounded me. I wanted to smack it off. I wished I could snooze my alarm, but I couldn't find the will to lift my arm. My body felt so heavy. My surrounding felt angelic and peaceful. I definitely didn't want to leave. I was away from everything and everyone.

But what was everything and who was everyone? What is it that had been troubling me? Where was I in the first place? Who am I? Last thing I remembered was...what was the last thing I remembered?

I recall being surrounded by a blur of faces. They were talking to me, but their faces were a blur in my eyes. We were somewhere dark and loud, which reeked of smoke.Why had I been there in the first place?

Most importantly, why couldn't I see the faces of those around me? They weren't strangers. I could tell they were friends. If only I could see who they were.

What was going on?

This time around, I started panicking. Did something happen to me, causing me to be in this strange place unable to remember a thing? Where were these familiar blurred faces now? Most importantly, how could I get out of this place?

Something inside told me to calm down and remain still.

Was that really something inside that told me?

No.

It was an actual voice.

"Calm down, Carter. You're going to be okay. Just stay still."

The voice echoed around.

I was going to be okay? What did they mean by this?

I tried calling out to the voice, but to no vain, I failed.

"You have to open your eyes, Carter."

Another voice sobbed. This voice was more familiar, though. Something gnawed at me in the back of my mind. I had to find out who this person was.

I started feeling different. Dizzy and nauseous. What in the world was going on?

"Love, please come back to me. I need you."

There was the familiar voice again.

Familiar eyes came to my thoughts. They were hazel, with a small tint of green. They made me feel comfortable, loved, peaceful, calm, and safe. They felt like home. Home. HOME.

John.

The name echoed in my head. Who was this John? Was he one of the blurred faces? I needed to get out of here and find out. But how?

"It's Garrett, Carter," A familiar smooth voice spoke. "I wish you would open your eyes. Everyone misses you so much. Your dad, Simon, the guys, Melli, Vivi, John, and specially Bryce. He's starting to wonder where in the world his mommy is, but no one has the heart to tell him the truth."

My perfect, beautiful son, Bryce. How could I forget about him? He needed me. John needed me. And I needed him.

I felt like an immense weight had been dropped on me and a surge of pain surface through my body, as my eyes flickered, trying to adjust to the bright lights above me. I groaned, trying to calm myself so the pain would disperse.

"CARTER?!" John called, jumping to his feet. His face was now in my vision as tears continued to fill his eyes. A second head appeared, followed by three more.

"Hi." I managed to whisper with a dry throat. I hoped my smile didn't look creepy.

Jared reached beside me, with glassy eyes, and handed me a warm cup of water. John adjusted my bed so I could sit up a bit to be able to drink the water. I mumbled a thank you and gulped the whole cup down. No one said anything as I drank, they just stood there and watched, trying to stop the tears from falling. Once my throat was satisfied, Kennedy took the cup from my hands and set it aside. Still, no one spoke.

"What's wrong with you guys?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"We're just glad to finally see you awake." John smiled, cupping my cheek.

"How long was I asleep for?"

"A bit over a week." Pat answered, wiping his eyes.

"Wow." I exhaled.

"Does anything hurt?" Garrett asked. I nod with a shrug. I didn't want to admit that my whole body was in pain, that would just worry them.

John chuckled, "You're lying."

I stuck my tongue out at him, "I don't want you guys to worry."

"Of course we're going to worry." Jared responded.

"They kept filling your body with pain killers. It worried us that you were going through more pain than we thought.

"Honestly, I can't say. All I remember is being in a dark place, unable to remember anything or anyone, but I wasn't in pain," I explained. "I was surrounded by harmony, ease, and tranquility."

The door of my plain hospital room opened and a white suited man stepped inside. He was reading over the papers in his hands, ignoring his surroundings.

He finally spoke without glancing up from his papers, "Seems like Ms. Gomez doesn't have anything life threatening. As soon as she wakes up, she can go home."

When he finally looked up from his papers, his eyes met mine, and a smile spread across his face.

"It's good to finally see you awake Ms. Gomez," I smiled and thanked him. "Like I was just explaining; you can go home whenever you wish. If you have any pains, you can take some pain killers. Also get as most rest as you can."

After I managed a nod, he called forth a nurse to fill me with more pain medication, and disappeared into the hallway. When the nurse stepped inside with a silver tray, I flinched. I may have been easy to inject when I was asleep because I had to idea of its occurrence, but I was wide awake and alert now.

"Carter," John warned. "If you get out of this bed without that medicine, it's going to hurt. You need it."

I shook my head, "No I don't. I'm fine." I kicked off the blanket, noticing the cast around my right leg. I could feel the tight gauze around my torso and forehead. I couldn't find the energy to lift my casted leg and run away.

"As soon as you get this, we can grab the first flight to Arizona and go see Bryce." Kennedy informed, knowing this would persuade me into taking the shot without a fight or complaints. I sighed and lay back on the bed again. The nurse readied the cursed invention and stepped closer to me as the boys made room for her. She injected the liquid into one of the tubes connected to me and I watched it flow, making it's way into my bloodstream. The second it all disappeared, I felt everything go numb. I couldn't feel anything and couldn't manage to think straight. I shut my eyes, my mind clear.

"Is she alive?" Garrett's voice echoed in my head. I opened my eyes. When had the nurse left?

"Carter, we need to get you dressed so we can go. Can you manage?" John asked. I nod my head. Or I thought I did.

Everyone but John left the room. His hands were gentle as he helped me into my clothes.

"Hey, love." I mumbled.

"Hi, darling." He chuckled.

"I love you." I giggled, flicking his nose.

"I love you, too." He laughed, helping me into a wheelchair Kennedy had slipped in before. John gathered my stuff as I hummed along to an all familiar song.

"I see you have Girls Do What They Want stuck in your head." Jared chuckled once we joined them in the hallway. John wheeled me to the elevator and all the way to the taxi van which was parked outside the hospital. Both John and Jared helped me sit inside and the guys crowded around me. I felt a bit uneasy being in a taxi again, but having John next to me helped calm my nerves.

Once we made it to the airport, Garrett went off to find a wheelchair while John and Jared helped me out. Once we were all set, and I had a wheelchair, John and the guys got in line to get our flight tickets while they parked me a few feet away with all our bags. I dug my hand into my bag, finally finding my phone. I switched it on, receiving a bunch of notifications. Texts, voice mails, missed calls, tweets, and even emails. Most of these were from my dad, John's parents, Simon, my friends, and tweets from the guys' fans.

Vivi's text called my attention. It read:

This is all my fault. I've been holding a grudge against Kirky when in the process, it was hurting you. Now you're in the hospital, still not waking up with broken bones and blood transfusions. I regret having this hatred towards Joe. I want to change this. I want to be able to forgive him. I hope you get better soon. I love you!

I didn't realize there were tears in my eyes until one hit the screen of my phone. I whipped it off and answered her:

I know you can bring yourself to forgive him. We're on our way home!

Once that was taken care of, I replied to everyone else. Lastly, I dialed my dad's numbed.

"Carter! You're awake! Are you alright?" He answered on the first ring.

"I'm fine, dad," I smiled. "We're at the airport in Texas getting our tickets to fly to Arizona."

"I'm sorry I wasn't there with you."

"It's alright, dad. I know you're busy with work." I sighed.

"I'm leaving work now. I'm packing my bags and heading over there with Marie tonight."

"No, dad. I don't know when the latest flight we're catching will be," I tried to convince him. He really didn't need to fly out just to check up on me. "I'm perfectly fine. You're already getting a week off from work for the wedding. You don't have to leave work now."

I heard him sigh in defeat, "Your brother is in Arizona. Have him stay with you and John for a few days, alright?"

"That's perfect." I answered before we said our goodbyes.

"Got our tickets." Garrett cheered, waving the tickets around.

"We leave in two hours." Jared added, taking the tickets from Garrett's hand where they could easily be lost.

I couldn't hold back a smile. I was going to see my amazing son in just a few hours. John came over and pressed his lips to mine. He pushed me through the crowds of people and to our terminal. Even though I was on the wheelchair with a huge cast and gauze wrapped around my head and torso, they still scanned me like I was going to attack the airport. I sighed when we were finally sitting around by our terminal, with just another hour to go.

When 5 p.m. hit, we were sitting in our seats in the plane. By 7, we were landing in Arizona. Once we had gathered our bags, John wheeled me out of the airport to find our ride. I was attacked my a tall, lanky body once we were outside. I huffed, but the pain medications I had taken an hour ago were already in effect.

"I missed you so much, girlfriend. I was so worried about you. I cried myself to sleep." Halvo sniffled.

"Awe, Halvo. I promise I'm alright. I lived and I'm back." I smiled, wrapping my arms around him.

"Okay, Eric. She's still injured so you have to be careful." John said, basically dragging him off me.

"Tim!" I yelled. He stood aside, debating if it was okay to give me a hug. "Get that sexy butt over here and give me a hug."

He laughed and ran over, wrapping his arms around me.

"I'm glad your okay." He whispered into my ear. He stepped back, dabbing a tear in his eye.

"You have no idea how much everyone has missed you. Especially, Bryce." Halvo said once we were in the all too familiar van and driving home. This made me even more excited to see my son. I swallowed back tears and took a deep breath.

My hands were shaking when Tim parked in front of the O'Callaghan home. John wheeled me up the sidewalk as fast as he could. I knew he was as excited as I was. He unlocked the door, and announced our arrival. The second we stepped inside, I heard cheers and happy welcomes.

"Carter, we've been worried sick," John's dad said, coming over to help John push me inside. He hugged his son before his arms wrapped tightly around me. "We're so glad you're okay."

"Thank you for taking care of Bryce while I was in the hospital." I smiled, a tear escaping my eye.

"We're always glad to take care of him." He answered, a bright smile adorning his face.

"He's a perfect little angel." I heard Jenny add.

I followed the voice, finally catching John's mom stepping into the family room, with Bryce in her arms. He shyly looked up from the crook of her neck as he sucked on his pacifier. His eyes scanned me, confused. He spit out his pacifier and cried.

"Dada!!!" He yelled as tears streamed down his cheeks. John took him from Jenny and bounced him up and down, trying to calm him.

"What's wrong, buddy? That's mommy." John said, turning him so he could face me again. Bryce just gave me his back again and held on to John for dear life. I felt the smile disappear from my face.

"He doesn't recognize me." I sighed, which hurt. I could feel the pain medications stating to fade away. I held back a flinch, though.

"It's just because of the wheelchair,cast, gauze around your forehead, and the scratch on your cheek." Jared assured.

"Yeah," Kennedy agreed. "He'll come around in no time."

I nod, but I was still upset. I was finally back home to my son, but he didn't recognize me. He didn't even want to be five feet close to me or he would freak out and run crying to John. I held back the tears.

After a few hours of being in the O'Callaghan home, the pain medications had completely worn off, but I didn't say anything. I was tired of the numb feeling. I wanted everything to return to normal.

Around ten, John and I left his parent's home with Bryce asleep in his car seat. We were stopping by Melli's and Vivi's to pick up Simon before finally heading home.

"He'll come around soon, love," John assured me when he parked outside my best friends' home. I sighed with a nod. "Do you want to get down?"

"No," I shook my head, which made me dizzy. "I'm not ready to face Vivi or Kirky just yet. They're the ones who caused this to happen."

"You know I'm alright with any decision you make, just don't hold the accident against them," John smiled, stroking my knuckles. "You leaving the club that night was their fault for arguing again, but the accident was that drunk bastard's fault who hit the taxi."

"I know," I sigh again. "I'm just not ready to face them until they put the past behind them and open their eyes to what their doing."

John smiled, and leaned in to kiss my forehead. "I love you."

"And I love you." A voice interrupted me before I could answer.

"God dammit, Simon!" I gasped, holding on to my side. The jump caused a small pain to surface around my torso. As Simon climbed into the backseat next to a still sleeping Bryce, the pain faded.

"Are you okay?" John asked. "We can drive to the hospit--"

"No hospital," I cut him off. "I'm fine."

I was fine. The pain wasn't permanent. John didn't look convinced, though, but he pushed it aside and finally drove us home.

I smiled once he parked outside our home. Simon picked up Bryce, while John helped me back onto the wheelchair. I would be able to use crutches after a few days when the pain in my torso was finally gone. It was just a sore muscle, but boy did it hurt. I couldn't wait to get rid of the wheelchair. I felt useless having John and the guys pushing me around all day.

Once inside our home, I breathe in the soft, all too familiar, lavender scent. John took me to our bedroom, and Simon lay Bryce on our bed before giving me a hug and leaving to the guest room to sleep. He had huge bags under his eyes. I knew the worry of me being in the hospital kept him from sleep.

After John helped me shower, change into pajamas, and back into our comfortable bed, he went changed Bryce and put him to sleep in his room. When he came back, he sat on the edge of the bed next to me.

"Do you want another dose of the pain medications?" He asked, taking my hand in his.

I shook my head, "I'm fine."

"Please, love." He begged.

"Fine." I sighed. He smiled in success.

He watched me as I downed the pills with water. Once I finished, he shut off the lights and cuddled under the sheets with me.

"You have no idea how worried I was," John whispered. "Watching you hurt and sleep all those days killed me. I waited by your side to see your eyes finally open. I spoke to you, thinking it would help you wake up."

"It did help me. I heard your voice a lot, but it was hard to open my eyes," I explained, stroking his cheek. "I was surrounded by darkness, unable to remember anyone or anything. I kept hearing you and the guys, but I couldn't recognize or remember who any of you were. All I could remember where your beautiful eyes. When you spoke about Bryce, that gave me a little shove. Everything came back to me, and I knew I had to wake up."

"I was so content to see you finally open your eyes. I had missed you so much. All I wanted was for you to open your eyes and tell me you were alright. I wanted us to come home to our perfect son how things used to me. When we were happy. And at that moment, I felt so blessed because I knew you were going to be alright."

"I love you. So much." I sobbed, pulling him closer to wrap my arms around him.

"You're my everything. My heart belongs to you." He whispered, bringing his soft lips to mine. I missed his soft kisses so much, and they seemed to ease my body of all worries.

I knew that as long as I had John with me, everything would work out perfectly. With time, everything would return to the way things were.
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again, I deeply apologize for the lack of updates!
Good news: I FINALLY FINISHED THIS DAMN SEMESTER AND MY SECOND YEAR OF COLLEGE! (With an F in calculus for the first time because all my time went into passing physics, which I did!) I'm finally going to be able to update this story and my other ones.

I thought you guys deserved a long update, so here it is! I hope I didn't drag it too much. My best friend has been itching me to finally update, so I'm posting this while sitting at work :).

I hope you guys enjoy it and leave me some feedback! It gives me some inspiration.

Oh! I saw The Maine 4/21 and 4/22! The shows were incredible! I met everyone but John the first night and then all of them the second night. He loved our poster and decided to embarrass me by making me sing in front of everyone the second night in Tampa. After, when we finally had the chance to talk to him, he remembered me from every single time I've held a conversation with him. It was incredible and he is the kindest of souls around! I can't wait for them to come back already!

Sorry if I dragged this on too, haha. I just felt like sharing my experience with you guys. If you've seen The Maine now in their Pioneer World Tour, I would love to hear your stories.

Don't be shy to leave me some stories, questions, or predictions. They make me smile :D

Thank you all!!!