‹ Prequel: Romeo In Blue Jeans
Status: On the making

Two Worlds Collide

three.

The seconds the words “my water broke” slipped out of my mouth, Vito and my friends panicked. Vito ran around, having no idea what to do. I grabbed for his arm as hard as I could. He protested and I heaved. My contractions were kicking in.

“W-what do we do?” Vito asked my friends.

“Go. Get. John.” I cringed, my other hand on my stomach. Vito nod, and Kirky let me borrow his arm. I gripped it, and he screeched in pain.

“It’s what you deserve.” Vivi rolled her eyes.

“Don’t get me started you, whore.” Kirky spat back.

“Shut the fuck up!!” I yelled and everything quiet down. I opened my eyes, only to realize that the guys had finished playing their song. Everyone was staring at us, including the fans. I screamed in pain again as Vito ran to whisper something in John’s ear.

“The baby’s coming.” He gasped, his voice echoing into the mike. He disappeared backstage and the rest of the guys stared at each other, not sure what to do next.

“We’re sorry, guys, but we’re going to have to cut the show one song short.” Garrett spoke into the mike.

“Thank you all for coming.” Kennedy added before they ran off stage.

Arms grabbed me and suddenly, I was being pulled towards the exit. Jared and John helped me climb into the van before Garrett, Kennedy Pat, Kirky, Melli, and Vivi climbed in as well. I yelled as another contraction hit when John drove the van into the freeway. Melli and Vivi each took one of my hands, and I gripped them as hard as I could.

“What can we do?” Kennedy asked.

“Call Dr. Adams.” I said through my teeth.

John threw his phone at Garrett, who dialed as fast as he could. He knee anxiously bounced up and down as he waited for her to answer. He sat up when she answered and put her on speaker.

“Hi, this is Garrett and I’m calling because my friend Carter Gomez is going into labor.” He explained.

“Oh, dear. She’s two days early.” She gasped in a tired voice. She was probably asleep. I felt horrible now.

“What should we do?” John asked from the driver’s seat.

“Drive her to the hospital and I’ll be there soon,” She answered. I yelled again. “Carter, I need you to take deep breaths and calm down.”

“Okay,” I gasped. I closed my eyes and controlled my breathing. Deep breaths, Carter. I told myself. But how could I calm down when this excruciating pain felt like if something was ripping me open. Dr. Adams hung up after telling us she would meet us in the hospital. “I-I can’t do this.”

“You can’t back down, Carter.” Pat said, massaging my shoulders.

“It hurts.” I replied, a tear slipping down my cheek.

The van stopped, and John said, “Jared, take the wheel”. He jumped over to me as Jared switched seats. Garrett moved to sit in the passenger’s seat to give John room. His hand intertwined with mine and he stared into my eyes. “You can do this.”

“Stay with me.” I whispered.

“Every step of the way,” He nod. “Forever.”

I managed to calm my breathing and it somewhat eased the pain. John stroke my belly and back reassuringly as his lips pressed against my face every so often.

“Is it bad that he’s coming two days early?” Pat asked. John opened his mouth, but he didn’t know the answer. He stared into my eyes again, and we both hoped everything would be okay with Bryce.

“This wouldn’t have happened if you wouldn’t have shown up.” Vivi yelled at Kirky.

Perfect. I really needed this in a moment like this.

“Are you saying it’s my fault?” Kirky yelled back. “You’re the one who fucking cheated on me.”

“Are you two fucking serious right now? I can’t fucking believe that you’re doing this right now,” I shouted, making everyone look at me. “I am so sick of you two arguing. You two fucked up and you’re blaming each other for the wrong reasons. Why can’t you just be fucking mature about this situation and sit down and talk about it? You sound like fucking pansies.”

Vivi and Kirky glanced at each other, before looking back at me when I yelled in pain again.

“She cursed.” Jared noted.

“And five times in one sentence.” Garrett added.

Jared finally parked in front of the hospital. John and Kennedy grabbed me and literally dragged me inside as everyone climbed out of the van.

“What’s wrong?” The small elderly lady in the front desk of the hospital asked once we made it inside.

“She’s going into labor.” John answered.

After a minute, a nurse ran over with a wheelchair. She pushed me into an elevator to the fifth floor with John and Kennedy. Room 508 was where they helped me into a bed. This would be my room until Bryce decided to come into the world.

“Carter Gomez, right?” Another nurse asked once I was settled. Everyone had cramped into the room now as well. I nod before she continued, “It says here that you’re not due until the 20th. Were you put under any stress?”

“Yes.” I eyed Kirky and Vivi, and they both stared down at their feet with guilt.

“Would that be a problem? You know, for the baby’s health.” John asked, his hand squeezing mine.

“No, he should be alright. It’s not as if he’s a week ahead, meaning that he will be perfectly fine.” She assured us. John and I took a deep breath which we were probably holding since we first climbed into the van.

“Whoa! There are a lot of people in here,” Dr. Adams noted when she walked in. “I’m going to need everyone but John to step out for a bit.”

As everyone left, they smiled at me. Dr. Adams checked how long Bryce had to “come out”, and it wouldn’t be too long. I was surprised since I thought this would take hours.

“He really does want to come out into this world,” Dr. Adams smiled when she finished. They made me change into a hospital gown and now we had to wait. “We can’t use the Epidural until he’s about to come, so you’re going to have to hold on a bit longer. Ring for me if you need anything.

“I think Bryce wants to come and protect mommy.” John said, stroking my belly when Dr. Adams left.

“I can’t believe they argue when they know it stresses me out,” I sighed. “They know it upsets me.”

“They’re going through a though time.”

“I know, but it’s not fair that Kirky’s being such a dick to Vivi when he did the same to her.”

“Just don’t think about it, Love,” John smiled. “Our son is finally coming into our lives.”

“We finally get to meet this little guy.” I giggled. He chuckled and kissed me.

“Can we come in now?” Garrett asked, opening the door a creek. John nod and everyone came barging in again.

Kirky and Vivi stood in opposite sides of the room. They had both apologized to me, but I begged them both to shut up until I had this kid out of me. Everyone tried to make conversation with me, and it helped me forget about the pain just a bit. Around ten, the O’Callaghan’s arrived, and the room became even more crowded. Dr. Adams managed to pull some strings so the nurses wouldn’t complain, and I thanked her. When I went into labor, everyone had to leave. The only ones who were allowed to stay with John, his mom, Vivi, Melli, Garrett, and Kirky. This would be interesting.

“We rushed here the second John informed us what was happening.” Mrs. O’Callaghan explained.

“Thank you for coming.” I smiled at her and the rest of the O’Callaghan.

“Dr. Adams keeps calling you Carter Gomez,” Jared said. “I had forgotten that was your last name.”

“Yeah,” Kennedy agreed. “I like Carter O’Callaghan better.”

Kirky rolled his eyes with a groan and I eyed his evilly. There was a tension in the room that was making me even more nervous.

At midnight, Dr. Adams came into the room with two nurses and kicked everyone out except for those who were allowed to stay. She said it was time, and I was moved to my side for the nurse to inject the Epidural into my back. Everything felt so much better after that. At 12:06, I began to push and push as sweat dripped down my face. John and his mom were by my side holding my hands. Everyone else was pressed against the furthest wall so they wouldn’t see anything that was going on. They did cheer me on, though, which made me want to throw them a lamp at the moment.

On June 19th at 12:15, Bryce Jared O’Callaghan was finally born. I fell back onto the bed, exhausted as tears filled my eyes. John kissed me, with tears in his face as well. John had the chance to cut the umbilical cord before the nurses cleaned up Bryce. Once my little guy was clean, they allowed him into my arms. My little Bryce was beautiful. He looked so much like John that it made me giggle. John’s arms wrapped around me as he stroke the bit of hair Bryce had on his head. He kissed me before he left a kiss on Bryce’s head. It was John’s turn to carry Bryce and the smile on his lips touched his eyes.

“Hi, buddy. It’s so good to finally meet you. Mommy and I have been so excited to see how beautiful you would be.” He whispered, making me smile even more.

John’s mom was next to carry Bryce. Tears continued to slip down her cheeks as she kissed his little head. Kirky, Melli, and Vivi carried him next and they seemed a bit too in love with him. Garrett was next to carry Bryce. The second Garrett wrapped his arms around him, Bryce’s small lips turned into a smile.

“He smiled! He likes me!” Garrett cheered. “Hi little guy. I can’t wait to take you to the park and play with you.”

I waved Garrett over. He handed Bryce over to John, who continued to leave kisses all over him, and I wrapped my arms around Garrett. He chuckled and kissed my head.

When everyone else was allowed back into the room, I couldn’t keep track of who had my son. I was exhausted and I just wanted to sleep.

“He looks so much like you, John.” I heard Tim note. I looked over to see Bryce wrapped around his arms. I smiled and agreed.

“You made a beautiful kid, Carter.” Kennedy added.

“Oh, I know. I thank John here for that.” I grinned. John chuckled and kissed my hand.

A nurse took Bryce away to get him checked up and dressed after a while. Everyone left after John asked them to go since I needed to sleep.

“Lay with me.” I whispered to John once everyone was gone and he shut off the lights. He kicked off his shoes and joined me under the covers. His arms wrapped around me and I snuggled against him.

“I love you.” He whispered in my ear.

“I know,” I chuckled. “I love you too.”

I was going to spend the rest of my life with the most amazing guy in the world and the most beautiful son we just had. For once, I didn’t think about Vivi and Kirky, or about anything else. I just thought about John. He’s the one who made me happy, and I was the luckiest girl in the world to have him in my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have been waiting sooooo long for this chapter. Ahh! What do you guys think?
And thank you all for the comments. Like I promised, every two comments, I'll update the next chapter, so here it is.
I hope you all like it as much as I did.
Thank you!!! <3