‹ Prequel: Romeo In Blue Jeans
Status: On the making

Two Worlds Collide

six.

VIVI POV

Maybe it was for the best. Maybe this is how fate worked. We had met and had a good run, but we weren’t meant to be together. And maybe fate wanted me to find someone else. Maybe that someone else was Kennedy. We were moving into things slowly, since I was still sorrowing over mine and Kirky’s breakup. Since he was off for tour now with Carter and the guys, Melli and I couldn’t find any way to entertain ourselves. We would work, come home, and watch movies. I hated routines.

It came to the point that I quit my job. I was sick of everything and everyone. But I had an idea. I was walking around town, getting to know my surroundings better. In the heart of Tempe, I found what I was looking for. I stood there, a smirk in my face. On the square “for lease” sign on the window, was a number, which I instantly dialed into my phone.

“Larry Carson speaking.” A man’s voice answered after the second ring.

“Hi, my name is Viviana Climer and I’m calling for information about the space on 21st in Tempe.”

“Yes, what would you like to know?” He asked.

“I was thinking about purchasing the space for my own business.” I smiled. I liked the sound of that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked into the house after a very successful day out in the city. I skipped into the kitchen where Melli sat in the island munching on a sandwich.

“Did you just get laid?” She asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Not since the night before everyone left us for tour.” I answered, pouring some soy milk into a glass.

“Same here,” Melli sighed and I had to laugh. Only she would be sexually deprived since Garrett was also away. God know what those two did behind closed door. I could hear them from the backyard and all. I felt bad for the neighbors. I’m going to shut up, though, because Kirky had said I was kind of loud as well. Kirky. She took another bite of her sandwich before asking, “So why are you so cheerful?”

“I quit.” I shrugged, munching on a bag of chips. Melli chocked on her sandwich before taking a sip of her juice.

“WHAT?” I repeat myself and she rolled her eyes. “I got that, but WHY?”

“I was bored.”

“Seriously? What are you going to do now?”

That’s when I grinned. I told her to stay in her seat before rushing to my room to get my laptop. I came back to the kitchen to see Melli still trying to understand what the hell was going through my head.

“What are you-” She started, but I cut her off by flipping her off. She stuck out her tongue at me as the familiar Skype caller appeared on the screen and the tone rung. I sat next to Melli and made sure that the camera was catching the both of us. The call was answered by ten cheerful hellos.

“You guys called with perfect timing,” Carter said. Bryce sat on her lap, reaching for her laptop. “We were about to grab something to eat.”

“Where are you guys today?” Melli asked.

“North Carolina.” Garrett answered, before throwing her a kiss. The guys all rolled their eyes.

“So I have some news to tell you.” I started.

“You might want to kill her, because I do.” Melli added. I punched her arm and everyone in the opposite side of the video call laughed.

“Continue.” John pushed on.

“I quit my job.” I answered. Everyone went silent, staring at each other, thinking of something appropriate to say without hurting my feelings. Bryce was the only one who babbled, clapping his hands. That little guy was already growing.

“Well, uh, that’s good…I think.” Jared managed.

“It’s stupid, I know, but I have a good reason why I did.” I explained.

“Enlighten me before I merge onto this computer and slap some sense into you.” Carter said.

“I’m starting my own business,” I revealed. “A bakery.”

“Wait, what?” Kennedy asked.

“It’s something I’ve wanted for a while and I’m sick of being bossed around and of the daily routines,” I shrugged. “I spoke to some guy about a spot I found today. We’re talking prices tomorrow.”

“As long as you’re sure about this, we’ll back you up.” Melli said.

“Exactly,” Carter smiled, bringing Bryce closer to the camera. “Say bye to your aunties.”

Bryce slammed his hands into the computer and Carter drew him back, laughing.

“Let’s go mongrels.” Tim called, standing.

“Talk to you guys later.” Everyone waved.

“I-I’ll catch up with you guys,” Kennedy said, staying in his seat on the floor. Everyone left, and now it was Melli, Kennedy, and I. “So, um…”

“Am I cock blocking?” Melli noticed.

“Ya think?” I laughed. She punched me and ran to her room, most likely to talk on the phone with Garrett.

“How are you?” Kennedy asked once I turned back to the computer.

“Pretty good.” I answered, which brought a smile to his face.

“I’m glad,” He sighed. “I miss you.”

“Ken…I-” I blushed, but he cut me off.

“I know, you’re still recuperating from the whole Kirky incident, but I’m saying the truth.” Kennedy’s face fell to his hands in his lap.

“I was going to say I missed you too,” I chuckled. “But now I’m not so sure anymore.”

He laughed, “You know you do.”

“Yeah, you’re right.” I shrugged.

“I’ll call you later?” He asked, a gleam in his eye.

Yeah.” I smiled, before ending the conversation.

This was fate.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

KIRKY POV

“Beer pong!” Jason yelled. I rolled my eyes and pushed my way through the crowded house. We were in California for our day off tour and our friend Dennis was throwing a party. I was bored, really. I just wanted to head off to bed. I went upstairs where there weren’t as many bodies and stepped into Dennis’ room.

Usually, I would drink my ass off until I would forget all the pain and heartache, but today was different. Today, I wasn’t in the mood to wash my feelings away with alcohol that would only fuck up my liver. Also, I had to watch over Simon. If something happened while he was under my watch, Carter would rip my head off. I didn’t mind, though, since part of me didn’t want to forget. Just for tonight, I wanted to remember all those nights with her. Every touch, every kiss, every smile.

These memories caused my heart to ache.

I groaned and threw my bottle of beer against the wall. It crashed before all the pieces splattered to the floor along with the liquid. My body heaved, broken.

“A-are you okay?” A voice asked behind me. I spun around embarrassed. There stood a long brunette haired girl with green eyes. She wasn’t tall, but her heels made her be an inch taller than me. She was gorgeous and I could tell she was drunk by the way she looked at me.

“I’m fine,” I answered. “I didn’t know anyone was here. Sorry.”

“Don’t worry,” She smiled. “I was just using Dennis bathroom to freshen up. It’s getting hot down there.”

“It definitely is.”

“So why did you, mystery boy, just smash your beer?” She asked, glancing over my shoulder.

“Just angry.” I shrugged.

“That was a cue to tell me your name.” She giggled.

“Oh, it’s Joe, but you can call me Kirky.” I said, outstretching my hand out to her.

“Melody.” She shook my hand with a smile.

What happened next proved how drunk he was. She tugged at my hand and crashed our lips together.

I felt lust. Lust for this stranger drunk girl kissing me right now. I missed feeling wanted.

But she didn’t want me.

I was just a one night stand.

Vivi wanted me in a way that no one ever had.

No one loved or cared about me the way that she did.

I pushed the drunk girl off me, apologized, and left.

She might have slept with someone else, but I wasn’t going to do the same. I had already betrayed her once. I wasn’t going to do it again. I was going to find her, and ask her to forgive me.

Fate would bring us together again.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is another filler so that's why it's short.
That and no one comment last chapter.
I'm only updating now because my best friend keeps threatening to punch me in the neck if I don't, but I'm not updating until 2 more comments now. It's not much that I'm asking for. I just want to know what you guys think. :(
Well, that you to the ones that have commented. <3