‹ Prequel: Romeo In Blue Jeans
Status: On the making

Two Worlds Collide

eight.

Ah, hometown shows. They were probably the best shows to play on tour, especially when it was the last date. Vivi and Melli were coming to the show tonight, and Kennedy and I had a small conversation about something he was planning.

Bryce wouldn’t stay still since the day he first walked. He chased Garrett around with Pat’s drumstick, and when he caught up, he banged the sticks on Garrett’s butt. It actually left Garrett a bruise, so John gave Bryce a soft spank and told him to not hit his uncles. Let’s just say Bryce wasn’t very happy. He pout, but daddy didn’t cave, and he ran to the front lounge to where I was, crying. I didn’t back him up, though. He needed to learn that hitting wasn’t acceptable. I had to admit that watching him chase after Garrett was spectacular and hysterical.

When the bus braked, Bryce fell on his butt and everyone chuckled. John picked him up and kissed his head. Garrett’s butt had been sore for a few days now, and when he stood from the couch, he let a groan escape from his lips. Everyone held in their laughs as we walked out of the bus. Thankfully, John was the one carrying Bryce, because I was tackled by two bodies and lost my balance, falling to the grass. They knocked the breath out of me and I just lay there, waiting for someone to get the two morons I call best friends off me.

“Can you two get off me?” I asked, unable to move.

“You’re pretty comfortable, Carter.” Vivi said, putting even more weight on me. I groaned, outstretching a hand for someone to help me up. I hand intertwined their fingers with mine and pulled me right out from under my friends. They both fell to the ground and I laughed successfully. John stood next to me laughing as well. Jared carried Bryce now so John could help me.

“That was fucked.” Melli complained, standing.

“I’m sorry,” I pout, wrapping my arms around her and Vivi. “I missed you guys.”

“Of course you missed us.” Vivi said, walking towards Jared.

“Don’t flatter yourself.” I rolled my eyes, laughing. Garrett finally walked over and wrapped his arms around Melli before walking into the venue.

“How’s little Bryce?” Vivi smiled, outstretching her arms towards Bryce. He dug his face into Jared’s shoulder with a scream. She pout and stared at me and John, confused.

“He’s not used to seeing his aunts.” I shrugged.

“I’m coming over tomorrow to spend the day with Bryce until he loves me again.” Vivi warned, not allowing me or John to complain. Kennedy laughed, took her hand, and dragged her away.

“They all look happy.” I smiled. John chuckled, wrapping his arm around my shoulders, and kissed my head.

While the guys were in soundcheck and had an interview, Melli, Vivi, Bryce, and I went to lunch across the street to catch up. They filled me in with the whole Kirky drama. He had come back to apologize, but she told him that he didn’t feel the same way anymore. I needed to have a conversation with Kirky.

There was no way that Vivi could just get over Kirky so fast after they were together for so long. I had hope for resolving this issue and helping them both.

But what about Kennedy? What would happen if Vivi realized that she still did love Kirky?

I was snapped back into reality by Bryce passing gas in the high chair that belonged to the restaurant. I laughed and my friends joined in. For him to be seven months old, it was a loud one. Tears were still streaming down my face as we left the restaurant after two hours.

When we stepped into the empty green room, we were still laughing. I changed Bryce’s diaper, noticing why the gas was so loud, and settled him in his stroller. He drank from his bottle, and soon enough, he fell asleep. I smiled and took the bottle from his small hands.

“I’m feeling so fly like a G6!” Kennedy yelled, coming into the room with the rest of the guys. I glared at them and lay my finger over my lips, signaling for them to be quiet. They glanced over my shoulder to see Bryce asleep in his stroller. They muttered an apology and John walked over, wrapping his arms around me. His lips pressed to my cheek and he smelled of booze. I never minded when he drank, but I could tell he had drunk more than the other times.

“Are all of you drunk?” I asked, leaning away from John’s lips.

“Not all of us.” Pat shook his head. He and Jared stood aside, watching Bryce sleep. Garrett and Kennedy were messing around drunkly with Melli and Vivi. John’s lips attached to mine, and he had a high taste of beer. I stepped out of his arms, and he raised an eyebrow, confused.

“What’s wrong?” He asked. I took his hand and dragged him out to the bus with me.

“Are you drunk?” I asked, closing the door behind me. We were the only two in the bus.

“Come on, Love. We’re just having fun since it’s the last day of tour.” He slurred, pulling me into him.

“I’m fine with you having fun, but does it have to come to the point of you acting like a child?” I asked.

“What’s the big deal?” He rolled his eyes. “I thought I was marrying the beautiful, at ease, cool, and kind Carter. Not this demanding and controlling girl.”

I knew the second those words left his lips, he regret it. His eyes widened and I just stared at him. He reached out to me, but I stepped away from his reach. I turned and dashed out of the bus, tears running down my cheeks. He was running after me, calling out for me to stop, but I just kept running. I made it into the green room, and everyone turned to face me, confused.

“Carter, I-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean what I said.” John begged, stepping into the room, as I picked up Bryce into my arms.

“Can you take me home, Vivi?” I asked, ignoring John. She nod, confused, and grabbed her purse.

“Don’t go, Love. I’m so sorry,” John sobbed, wrapping his arm around me.

“I have to go,” I shook my head, stepping out of his arms. “I need some time to think. Dabble on your words, and make sure that you’re sure about me.”

I left without another word. Vivi and I climbed into her car and she drove off. Bryce was wide awake now in my lap. As I sobbed, he looked at me, his eyes sad. His small hand wiped away the tears and I smiled. I explained what had happened to Vivi as she drove. It hurt to think that he had actually said that. It bothered me to think that he actually somehow felt those things inside. He obviously had some doubts about being with me, deep inside.

When we arrived at mine and John’s house, I lay Bryce in his crib, putting him to sleep. I kissed his forehead before going back to the living room with Vivi. I let my body fall onto the couch, and Vivi joined me, two beets in her hand. She handed one to me, and I raised an eyebrow. I sighed, and took it.

“Talk to me.” She said, flipping through the channels on the tv.

“It worries me, you know?” I sighed. “That there’s that doubt in his mind about being with me.”

“He was drunk, Carter,” Vivi rolled her eyes. “He had no mind to what he was saying.”

“But I don’t want him to drown himself in drinking again.” I said, taking a sip of my beer.

“Don’t hold this against him. He’s a really great guy and you two were obviously meant to be,” Vivi nod. “Swallow your pride and forgive your man.”

I rolled my eyes, but laughed. I wasn’t going to let this ruin anything between me and John. Yes, I was angry and hurt by his words, but I loved him too much to ever lose him.

I was exhausted, and fell asleep in the couch, my beer in hand.

I felt as if I was being carried. I groaned and opened my eyes. John gave me an apologetic smile, which made me feel horrible about running away from him.

“You fell asleep in the couch and I didn’t want you to wake up with a pain in your neck,” He said, settling my body down in the couch. I kept my arms hooked around his neck, and he chuckled, lying down next to me. “I’m so sorry, Carter. Those stupid words that I said tonight, I didn’t mean them whatsoever.”

I shook my head, “I’m sorry for running away, and I forgive you.”

“Thank you.” He smiled.

“But please, it’s so unhealthy for you to keep drinking. It only makes you incapable to know your surroundings,” I whispered, nestling my face into his neck. “I’m not saying that you can’t drink. I love to see you having fun.”

“I promise that I’ll never do anything to hurt you again and that I’ll cut back on the drinking.”

I smiled and nod, letting the silence take us over. His hands ran down my arms softly, leaving goose bumps trailing after his fingertips.

“I know you’re thinking that I have my doubts about being with you,” John sighed, cutting the silence. “But I don’t. I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you and Bryce. You two are the most important part of my life and I never want to lose you.”

“You’ll never lose me,” I smiled, staring into his soft eyes. “You hold my heart.”

He smiled and kissed me. This kiss was full of lust, love, and desire. It had been a while since we had made love, and tonight seemed to be the perfect time.

“You’re beautiful.” He whispered against my neck.

“I love you,” I replied. “With every inch of my heart.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooooo sorry for not updating this sooner. I've been extremely busy with school and work and updating my other stories.
And uh oh! Some drama!
Feedback? :)
Thank you all sooooooo much. <3333