The Death of Beauty

Runaway Love

Angel waited silently, leaning against al old brick building; that use to be a firehouse. They were late. Ten minutes to be exact. It was 10:20 PM, and Angel was getting worried that they got caught.

At every sound she would jump, afraid that they might find out that she ran away and come to bring her back to that place again. The way they’d they treated their patients, was plain out horrible. They barely fed them, and what they did feed them was not fully cooked, and they didn’t wear hairnets. The bathrooms were never cleaned, the bedrooms where falling apart. The facility didn’t want to spend their precious money that the family sent for the patient. And that money was suppose to be spent on making this place better, but they used it for personal needs, and not their patients.

“Sorry we were late, Mom wouldn’t go to bed.” Came a rough yet silky voice from beside her. Angel grinned and spun around so she was completely facing the person who was covered in black from head to toe. Plus the person was surrounded in the darkness of the night; the only part of the person you could see was the face. Angel tackled the figure dressed in black to the ground in a giant bear hug.

“Thank god your here!” She squealed getting off the person so they could get up also. “I thought you and Mickey Mouse weren’t coming. By the way; where is he?”

“In the car, just around the corner.” The person answered. Angel went to grab her small backpack that held the little belongings that she had. But the person smacked her hand away and grabbed the backpack for her. “Plus why would we leave our baby sister to runaway by herself?” Angel groaned rolling her green eyes as the person and her started to walk to the car.

“I’m fine by myself ya’know? I can handle my problem by myself!” She said. “I don’t need you two to run away with me!”

“Yea, but life at home with out you there has changed. Ever since you were sent to the funny farm, mom and dad have been acting….weird” They trailed off as they got to the car. The person opened the back passenger door, throwing Angel’s backpack before motioning her to get in.

Once she was in the person shut the door and went to the driver’s side, getting in and started the car and began to drive down the dark road leading out of Belleview NJ

‘Mickey Mouse’ jolted up, awake and alert when the car started to move. “What? Where? Why? How?” he yelped then laughed realizing where he was. “Hey Angel! How have you been?”

Angel and the other person laughed. “I’m fine. I thought you and Gigi forgot about me.” She smiled and ‘Mickey Mouse laughed lightly.

“Never, Gerard and I… Well I don’t know about Gee--“

“HEY!” Gerard inputted cutting ‘Mickey Mouse’ off.

“--Ok, Gerard also would do anything for you.” Angel nodded covering a yawn. Gerard looked back at her through the rearview mirror and gave her a small smile.” Angelface if your tired, sleep your fine, now” Angel nodded once more leaning her head against the window, closing her eyes, falling into a light sleep.

“How did you sleep Mikey?” Gerard ask his younger brother, returning his eyes back on the road.

“Fine….Dreamt of all three of us living together…non-incest…..and have a better life than the one we have now.” He replied and Gerard smiled at him before turning on the radio and turned in on low.

Mikey stared out the car window at the darkened sky, that was lit up with a flash of light the came a loud clap of thunder; that could be heard over the car, and the radio; before the sky opened and it started to pour down cats and dogs. Gerard smiled looking back at Angel before flicking on the headlights.

Angel let out a small whimper in her sleep, scrunching herself up so she was in a ball. Mikey frowned at Angel’s whimper. He turned around back in his seat and took in his sister’s look.
She was small and frail, her skin was ghostly pale, her dark blond hair was greasy, and matted down. When he saw her green eyes earlier they were duller than they once were. Her clothes haven’t been washed in awhile, they had dirt and grass stains, and wrinkled. The way they treated her there was horrible.

Mikey turned around again so now he was facing the front again. Gerard looked at him and gave him a sorrowful smile.

“I wonder what happened to her there…..” Mikey wondered out loud. Gerard shrugged, but didn’t say anything pulling into a parking lot of a run down motel.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next one will be out...soon

-Lainey