The Death of Beauty

Jack’s Diner

“NO!” Angel cried out jolting awake, looking around frantically trying to find out where she was. Angel spotted Mikey looking at her worriedly; she took a shaky breath of relief and smiled at her brother. “Bad Dream, but its gone. Now that you and Gee are here.” Mikey wasn’t convinced, but nodded anyway turning around.

A few minutes later Gerard came back from the motel’s lobby; running to the car, so he wouldn’t get any wetter than he was. Gerard drove around the motel until he pulled into the parking space in front of the door with the number ‘19’ on it. The ‘9’ was barely hanging and was swaying on the door because of the wind. The paint on the door was chipping off.

“Okay, we’re here.” Gerard said in a monotone voice, pulling the keys out of the ignition and got out of the car. Angel and Mikey nodded imitating their older sibling’s movement. Gerard got in the trun to get clothes for them while the two younger siblings stood by the door, getting drenched waiting on Gerard. Gerard put the room key in the slot and opened the room door for them, while the younger siblings glared at him in the process.

The room was….discusting to put it nicely. It had an ugly orange carpet, that hadn’t been clean since it was put in. The walls were a nasty tan color; they were suppose to be white but turned tan from the dirt and grime that has collected of the years. The beds and chairs were torn up, with whatever they were filled with poking out. This place was a dump, but it was all they could afford right now.

“I call the shower first!” Angel called, walking into the small, cramped bathroom. Mikey grabbed they room key from the table where Gerard just put it on, saying he was going to get food for them. Gerard nodded and grabbed the remote from the table in between the two beds, laying down on one of the beds, flicking on the mind wasting contraption.

Angel sighed in disgust and turned the water dial to hot, and let the water run for a good minute or so before she got in. It felt good to have hot water run all over your skin, washing all the dirt, grime and memories away. Angel smiled in happiness as she rinsed her hair for the 3rd time, and she started feeling like a human again.

Nothing good was around the motel grounds, so Mikey ran across the street to a local diner called Jack’s Diner. The diner set in the 1980’s, the booths were red and bouncy, the floor was black and white checkered. The walls were light yellow and covered in Elvis pictures and guitars. One other person was in the diner besides the waitress behind the counter.

Mikey sat the bar strumming his long fingers against the marble top, waiting to be asked what he wanted.

“Hello, I’m Tiffanie. What can I get you tonight?” Said the girl behind the counter. She had semi-short black hair, brown eyes and a tan complexion, she looked to be around 21 or 22.

“I’ll have three Dr. Peppers, and three double cheeseburgers. To go.” Mikey smiled at Tiffanie, just nodded writing this order on a slip before putting it on a metal lazy susan ringing a bell.

“See you at home Tiff!” Said the young boy, who looked a year or two younger than Angel; waving to Tiffanie. Now it was just Mikey, Tiffanie, and the cook who’s name was Jack were left at the little diner. “I’ll be home in a few hours Joshua, I want to see you in bed!” Tiffanie called after who Mikey assumed as her younger brother.

“So what brings you to the small town of Peterson?” Tiffanie asked striking up a conversation; while they waited for Mikey’s order.

“Well…my siblings and I are sorta on a…roadtrip.” Mikey said quickly not looking Tiffanie in her eyes. Tiffanie raised an eyebrow, and Mikey just shrugged,

“Okay now, who was that boy?” Mikey asked changing the subject.

“That was my younger brother Joshua.” She answered.”So tell me about you and your siblings.”

“Well my name is Mikey, I’m 19 and the middle child. There’s Gerard, he’s the oldest; being 22. And Angel who is the ba by of the family being 17—“

“ORDER UP!” The cook yelled before ringing the same bell Tiffanie rang about 10 minutes ago.

“Here you go Mikey.” Tiffanie handed him the drinks and a bag with his food in it, and Mikey paid for it. “See you around. Hope you have a wonderful roadtrip.”
Tiffanie was about to hand him back his change Mikey stopped her. “Keep it.” He smiled the walked out.

Gerard flipped through the staticy channels, then turned the TV off, closing his eyes. Gerard’s eyes snapped open when heard a loud thump and a scream.
♠ ♠ ♠
Super sorry it took so long! I've seriously been WAY buzy with other stories and school!

-Lainey