Status: long hiatus.

Heartless and Heartbroken

Um

Seeing a friend crying because of a man is hard. What’s harder is to discover that that man is the most egotistical, narcissistic and egocentric person you’ve ever laid eyes on.

"What did he do this time?"

Amelia was so accustomed to Rachel knocking at her door when something was wrong – that wrong mostly being a man's fault – that she wasn’t surprised that her friend was doing so at 12 a.m.

But this time Rachel’s face was strained in tears, her make-up smearing all over her face: Now Rachel was a bit over dramatic sometimes – a Drama-Queen if you wish – but that was not normal (she wouldn’t go to the streets looking like that.)

"H-he cheated on me!"

With a sigh and a knowing look on her face, Amelia let Rachel inside and led her to the living room.

"Gods, Rachel, I told you he was only going to hurt you," Both girls sat on the couch. "... out of curiosity how do you know that?" She knew that she should’ve just been quiet and let Rachel vent, but she was in fact rather curious to how such a naïve girl had discovered his unfaithfulness.

"I saw him at the club danci- no grinding on a s-slut. He didn’t even told m-me he was going out. Th-then I followed him outside and I saw him making o-out with her." Rachel was sobbing so much some of her words didn't come out clearly.

Amelia was expecting something like that. Well, not exactly, but she had warned her friend to be careful with men.

"Then I walked to-towards him and yelled… h-he just stared at me! H-he just fucking stared, like n-nothing was wrong!"

"Honey..." Amelia sighed "I'm sorry, love."

With a deep breath Rachel started telling the whole story: from when she got to the club to when she left. Sometimes it was hard for her to talk and sometimes it was hard for Amelia to understand but in the end everything was very clear: That bastard was worse than she thought.

"So let me get this straight- He actually acted like you weren’t together, like you weren't even there?"

With a nod and a sob Rachel answered. "Y-Yes. Like I didn’t even exist. It was so humiliating!" After a brief pause Rachel continued. "And I really liked him, Mia. I was this close to fall for him and now I find out he’s a fucking cheater, like I didn’t have enough of those in my life already." She let out a scream and proceeded. "You have no idea how much I want to make him suffer a slow and painful death."

And that was probably Rachel’s short way of saying something between the lines of I want to kill him over and over again, make him cry until he calls for his mother, drown him, push him in front of a train, throw him off a cliff – or even better, a plane – bring him back to life and then repeat the process.

Amelia hated seeing Rachel suffer, especially over men. She should be used to it by now though, since Rachel had the worst taste and always went for the dickheads - and that is a very light way to describe her ex-boyfriends - instead of sticking with the guys that liked her for who she is, not for the size of her boobs. But she wasn’t used to it, because even though Rachel could be a pain in the ass sometimes and a total diva, she was also her best-friend. They’ve been there for each other for a while.

Both girls took a few deep breaths and Rachel cried a little while longer while Amelia comforted her.

"Come on, Rach, I'll go make you some tea to calm you down and then you're going to bed. You need to rest."

"Rest? I want to go back there and kill that bitch! I've had enough of guys doing this to me, I don't deserve this again. And I won’t let this one go, I won’t let him get away with this, Mia!"

"Ok, ok, I believe you and I agree with you, but what you need right now is a good night’s sleep. Again, you need the rest. Come on, I’ll even help you remove your make-up."

The girls went to the bathroom and with the help of a wet wipe cleaned Rachel’s face and neck. Rachel, now calmer, dressed some of Amelia’s PJ’s and went to bed knowing that sleep was the best option for her.

Amelia made some tea for Rachel and finished drinking her cup, she went back to bed next to her sleeping best friend who, with all reason, was a wreck.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys like it?
P.S. This story is also being posted on another site.