‹ Prequel: Breathtaking Nightmare
Status: Finished/Completed

Silver Ring

Part 2/3: Tears and fears

I searched his eyes, studying his unreadable expression trying to search for an answer to all this. Why did he give me my ring back? He thought I was cheating him with his best friend, didn’t he?

“What’s going on? Kyle? Why are you giving me my ring back?” I asked slowly not sure of what to do but I had this one hint in the back of my head as I stood there with one of his hands wrapped softly but securely on my left arm which held the ring.

“I want you back.” He stated as he stared into my eyes watching my expression closely before opening his mouth as he took out the ring, pocketed the box and held it out before me. “Will you wear it once again?” He asked and before I knew what I was doing I stepped back out of shock, causing Kyle to lose his grip on me. The result was…me running away.

No-no-no-no, there is no way he wants me back. No way! He was so angry when he thought I was cheating. He even said all those mean things to me and off the ring on my finger. I kept thinking about it as I run and run as fast as I could but after ten minutes of running I stopped at the park we used to play when we were still kids.

We used to play here all the time and when we skipped school we would always come here and walk while talking with each other for our problems and our mixed complicated emotions. He was my best friend and I fell in love with him. He knew me better than anyone. How did he even think I was cheating him? And with his best guy friend on that…It just didn’t make any sense. When I thought I heard him call my name, I froze.

‘’Silver!’’ I heard him once again but now he was already behind me.

‘’What do you want from me?’’ I asked turning back to look at him.

‘’Why did you run? Why are you always running away?’’ He asked closing his eyes and hugging me.

‘’I-I…’’ I didn’t know what to say…I was just afraid. He was my best friend, my lover and I had no one else except him. Without him I knew I wouldn’t be able to go on. What would I have done if he left me forever? What would I have done if he hurt me yet again? Tears had made their way on my face and I wasn’t able to stop. I tried to get way but he just held me closer against his chest.

‘’Silver, what’s going?’’ He said and I couldn’t help but look into his eyes, hearing him calling me like that made my heart ache. It started raining but we wouldn’t move. We were getting wet but I wasn’t feeling cold because his body felt so warm against mine, it burned me like fire.

‘’Kyle…I-’’ I had to say it. It was what I really felt. I didn’t want to hide my feelings for him. I had to tell him. ‘’Um…Kyle, I really love you.’’ I said closing my eyes.

‘’I love you more.’’ I heard him say and when I opened my eyes again he had already crashed his lips on mine with a genuine expression of the truth behind his words. The hard yet gentle feel of his hot lips against my own caused my body to stiffen and flare with an emotion I wasn’t sure of what to call dancing around my being while I was mentally shocked at his confession.

The sensation ran through me, the cool night air caressed my skin. But his lips against mine only added the shock that still held me in place, he was warm despite us both being in the rain. When we parted an awkward silence followed and he lifted his face towards the sky as I looked down shyly. He chuckled softly bringing my attention back to him. He took my hand in his and made me wear my silver ring again.