Come on Big Bad Wolf, Blow My House Down.

Come On Big Bad Wolf, Blow My House Down.

"What happened?" Alice ran in as Edward pinned me to the floor, I growled and snapped at him as his weight and strength held me down. "Edward what happened?"

"Get her outside," Edward said as he stood me up and handed me to Alice, who grabbed my arms and pushed me out the door, as soon as the air hit my face I was back in the drivers seat, no longer a watcher-by but the criminal at hand.

"Oh God what did I do," I collapsed to the ground, the autumn leaves crunching beneath my weight, Alice leaned down and rubbed my back soothingly.

"It's okay Avery," Alice whispered then sat down beside me, crossing her legs as she placed her hands on her knees. "Care to explain?"

"Didn't you see it?" I gulped for air; it calmed me down slightly as I dug my hands in my hair.

"No," she pouted her lip and shook her head. "Can't say I did."

"I almost attacked my sister because she cut her finger," I swallowed the lump in my throat. "I could have killed her; I probably would if not for Edward."

"No," she said as she helped me up. "It's okay, she understands."

"No she does," I nearly sobbed. "She doesn't at all, my sister will never understand, she'll die out just like all of you're families," I started to cry as I collapsed fully to the ground.

"Is she okay?" I heard behind me, Alice looked up to Emmett, Jasper and Jacob and shook her head.

"She almost attacked Rachel," she whispered shaking her head. "She didn't mean too, Rachel cut her finger and since Avery isn't as prone to holding back her lust for blood, she almost…"

"The good thing is that she reframed from it," Emmett said proudly. "I'm proud of you Av."

I shook my head and clung to Alice's arm, I was so not worth being told I prided someone. "Please don't say that," I whispered as Alice slowly stood, and soon a warm arm was around my stomach, lifting me up. "I don't deserve it."

"Baby you did good, you resisted," Jacob's deep voice calmed my nerves, I closed my eyes and pressed my face against his warm chest. "I'll take her to my house for a while; I'll even take her hunting to keep her calm."

"Can you handle that Jacob?" Alice asked softly, not the condescending tone she usually used with Jacob.

"I can handle it Alice," he said just as softly as he turned around. "I'll bring her back tomorrow."

"Okay," they all said, probably nodding there heads as we slowly walked farther away from the mansion.

"Are you okay?"

"No," I whispered as tears continued to sneak past my closed eyelids to wet Jacob's chest where my head lay. "I almost killed her; I almost took my sister's life."

"It's not you're fault Avery," he sighed as he pulled me closer to his chest, if possible. "You did very good holding back from drinking her dry, I'm proud of you."

"I could—" I stopped and sobbed lightly. "I could have killed her."

"But you didn't, that's all that matters."

"No it's not Jacob, she's my sister, my only sister and I almost killed her, I was so close, I could hear her heartbeat, I could smell her blood, it was so sweet."

"More info then needed," he grumbled then kissed my head. "I'm sorry, that was rude, Avery, don't think about the almost, you didn't do it."

"Jacob I'm sorry," I sighed and touched his cheek. "I shouldn't say anything about blood around you, it makes you uncomfortable."

"It's your main source of living, so I need to get used to it," he sighed helplessly. "Don't ever say you're sorry for something you didn't do."

"I did though," I furrowed my brows. "I brought up her blood…"

"You can't help you're addicted to the damn stuff," he huffed as he slowed his pace. "Just let's forget about it, you need to sleep."

"I don't sleep," I shrugged helplessly. "When you turn, you don't need sleep."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Comment