Come on Big Bad Wolf, Blow My House Down.

Come On Big Bad Wolf, Blow My House Down.

"I say you're a gentle giant," I whispered as I curled on my side and nestled in beside his arm and chest. "Go to sleep."

"You'll be up by yourself," he yawned softly, trying to hide it in the dark of his room.

"I'll occupy myself Jacob, go to sleep, if I could I would be sleeping with you," I said softly as I laid my head on his bicep and closed my eyes. "Does it help if I act asleep like this?"

"Yes," he murmured as he slipped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to his chest. "Night Avery."

"Good night Jacob," I sighed as I turned over and began to run my hands through his hair, it seemed to sooth him enough that he fell into a sound sleep, I sat there and watched him move around, sigh, smile and whine in his sleep, but never once did his arm leave my waist.

When the sky began to turn light I felt Jacob take a deep breath, I opened my eyes and smiled as his eyes flickered open and stared straight into mine. "How come you're eyes are green when the others are gold?"

"There green?"

"Dark green," he nodded softly and touched the side of my head. "There beautiful."

"Thank you," I smiled and shrugged my shoulders. "Last time I looked I had gold eyes; I don't know what would make them change."

"Love?"

"Possibly," I smiled at his suggestion, making him grin and lean forward, attaching his warm, sweet lips to my cold ones.

"Would it be too early to say it out loud?" he whispered pulling me closer to him. "To say I love you I mean."

"I've always thought, if you feel it, express it," I said softly as I gazed up into his dark eyes, seeing love and content in them. "Do you love me?"

"Yes."

"Can you love me?"

"I don't know," he paused then continued. "But I'll damn sure try."

"I don't know what to say to that Jacob," I whispered as I looked from his eyes to my hands.

"Then don't say anything," he said softly as he smiled and leaned his head against mine, he closed his eyes tightly and sighed, his hot breath cascading over my face. "You smell, so bad."

"Thanks for ruining the moment Jacob," I rolled my eyes as I rolled over so my back faced his chest, I noticed his hands were now on my stomach pulling me closer to him, leaving butterflies to flitter in my tummy.

"I'm sorry," he whispered in my ear, kissing my earlobe. "I'm very, very sorry for ruining the moment."

"It's okay," I whispered as I put my hand over the top of his hands. "I'm going to sound very mushy when I say this, but I've always believed to say what I felt and never beat around the bush when it will only delay pain or love."

"Just spit it out already."

"Why thanks Jacob," I scoffed but laughed in return. "You are so impatient."

"Would you just say what you were leading up to, and no I'm not very patient."

"Fine," I rolled my eyes and pressed my back against his chest. "I don't know how to say it, I'll just explain it the best I can."

"There's a start."

"You're a firecracker today aren't you?" I teased as I patted his hand. "Okay, here I go."

"I'm not growing any younger."

"Jesus Jake, give me a break I'm trying to fine the damn words!" I said in shock.

"Then say it."

"You're love is like fire running through my veins!" I shouted then nodded my head. "There, I said it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

comment