Come on Big Bad Wolf, Blow My House Down.

Come On Big Bad Wolf, Blow My House Down.

"Jacob, she collapsed on the first step, she's never fainted in her life," I whispered looking back at the wall; I couldn't look in his worry filled eyes anymore. "Something is seriously wrong; I can smell it in her blood."

"You can smell it?"

"I don't know what it is, but it's not her regular smell, I'm scared to think of what it is," I sighed as I looked over at Chad who was staring out the large plate-glass window.

"Avery," Carlisle's voice broke my silence and caused me to turn to him with a scared look. "Come over here dear, we need to talk."

"What's wrong with her Carlisle?" I whispered as I stood and walked over to him, holding my hands in front of me.

"Rachel has cancer Avery, it's inoperable, she has six weeks at the most," he said softly as he grabbed my shoulder so I couldn't fall, I stared at him for the longest time before I almost fell backwards. "I'm so sorry my dear."

"No," I whispered as Chad looked at me with wide eyes, he looked back at Carlisle and choked on a sob.

"I was going to marry her," he choked out. "Her birthday is today Dr. Cullen! She can't die, she's only seventeen!"

"I'm sorry Chad," Carlisle licked his lip slightly and turned to me. "You need to go find you're brother soon Avery, he needs to be here to see her, she wants to see him."

"I know," I whispered, it was true, she had told me over lunch, her lunch, two days ago that she missed Riley a lot and she wanted him home, but she had no clue where he was, but Alice found out that he was in Amsterdam.

"She wants to see you right now," he said as he led the way down the long white hallway, nurses and such passing with sad looks staring at me, I ignored them as Jacob held my hand.

"Avy?" Rachel asked weakly as I walked in, her glasses were laying on the side table and she wasn't wearing her contacts, so she couldn't see me that well.

"Rachel," I whispered as I let go of his hand and walked fast over to her, she stared up at me and smiled sadly. "Did you know?"

She nodded slowly as she looked over at the wall. "I didn't tell anyone because I couldn't afford treatment, and I know that Chad would have sold everything he has to get me help, I wouldn't and couldn't do that to him," she whispered as she squeezed my hand tightly.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered as I pulled her into a hug. "I'll make everything better, I'll make you okay."

"Please don't try Avy, there isn't anything that can help me," she said softly as she closed her eyes, exhaustion taking over her mind. "I'm going….to go…to sleep now."

"I won't be here when you wake up Rachel, I'm going to go and find Riley, everything will be okay," I whispered as I stood up and looked at Jacob with a half smile. "Come walk with me," I whispered as I held my hand out for his.

He grabbed my hand and walked with me to the door, where we walked silently through the hospital until we got to the automatic sliding glass doors. "You're leaving now?"

"As soon as Alice gets here," I nodded slowly. "I have to for my sister, I have too."

"I'm really sorry Avery, I love you," he whispered kissing my forehead. "I wish I could go with you."

"Same here, but what if I go through bloodlust, Jake? I don't know what I would do if I knew I was the one responsible for killing you," I said as I hugged his middle.

"You wouldn't kill me, Avery," He said brushing the hair from my eyes. "I'll watch over Chad and your sister to make sure no harm comes to them. The boys and I will take turns."

"They wouldn't like to help a vampire," I said looking up to his chocolate brown eyes.

"Oh, don't mind, they already know about it and they agree," He said and I looked at him oddly.

"What?!" I asked

"They know how much she means to you, and they know how much you mean to me, so they will help me, I already asked them about an hour ago when I called Sam to tell him I couldn't take my shift tonight," he nodded his head softly as he lowered his lips and kissed mine. "They'll be fine."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Comment