Status: In-Session

Chronicles of Eeliethiya

Forbidden Colours

Chapter 4

Forbidden Colours

The night seemed to get darker and the air more asphyxiating as they drew near. The area was filled with wastelands and much anticipated Danger. Traveling away from the Kingdom had been hard at best If not possible and with a Drow no less! Ah, the gossips were sure to talk when word was heard. But Now; Now there were more apparent matters to handle. Abella relinquished her hold on the Drovian prince and hopped down. He followed suit and she tied the horse to a nearby tree.

“Thank you for your much needed assistance.”she said softly.

Once that was done, she turned to the mountain and noticed the strange creatures at the mouth of the cave that was there.

'Why would Macarria come here of all places?' she mused.

Vielyn looked up at the mountain as they approached. He didn't like the foul Aura he felt nor did he like the purple mist that began to envelop them. When he turned to check on the Elven Princess, she was nowhere to be found.

“Princess?” he questioned. “Where are you?”

No answer. This couldn't be happening. How could he lose a Princess? And not just any Princess, the Princess of all Eeliethiya! Frantically, he searched for her, eyes darting in all directions.

“Are you there?” came a soft voice, accompanied by equally light footsteps.

Vielyn turned to the direction from where the voice had come. Through the heavy mist he could make out a feminine figure. As the figure got closer, he could sense the purity that surrounded her. A hand reached out towards him and he mirrored the notion. A mirror of the opposite. Light and Dark. The haze began to clarify and standing before him was indeed a Princess. A princess of Purity and the most elegance of Grace.

The Eerie obscurity seemed to have brought them together in a mysterious way. Each seemed to stare at the others hand as if it were a separate entity. Abella was the first to pull back, snapping the both of them out of their introspection.

“We should go.” said Vielyn as he began to walk away and ascend the mountain.

Abella nodded in response. “Yes. Let us be on our way.”

And with that the two continued on their path. The moon's oddly colored rays bathed the two of them in its light as they traveled further up the mountain. The path seemed to narrow as it wrapped around the mountain.

“Stay close to me.” Vielyn had instructed.

She listened but her eyes seemed to wander over the edge and peer into the canyon below. Pebbles tumbled over the edge and fell. Abella sucked in a breath, afraid that if she took but one more step that she would fall to her untimely demise. When she looked up, vielyn was just up ahead. Swallowing the fear, she took another step and all of a sudden felt the air rush past her.

Her scream echoed through the canyon when she'd fallen. Fortunately, she'd been able to grab the cliff. Vielyn stopped in his tracks when he'd heard the scream. Fearing the worst, he'd gone back around the turn to discover that his suspicions had indeed been correct. In haste, he'd grabbed her hand and pulled her up next to him.

“We should go back. This is too dangerous for someone like you.” he said, eyes looking down into hers.

Abella took a deep breath. In most cases, he would've been right. But right now, she would not agreed to return. She looked into his sapphire orbs and saw that same emotion swirling in them from when they first met. Sympathy.

“Do not give me that look of pity. I don't want nor need your damned sympathy.”

The Drow looked at her like she'd grown two heads. Since when did he care to give her sympathy? Of course, he was looking out for her but it didn't mean anything. She was just a princess and nothing more.

“If you had come alone, I doubt you would've made it this far. It shows just how weak your resolve is.”

His retort was a slap in the face for her. Appalled was one word but outraged was another. “My resolve is just fine. I don't exactly have time to entertain your ignorance. If you wish to leave, I won't stop you.”she said as she got up and continued the path.

~~~~~~~~

Abella mumbled to herself as she rounded the bend and returned to the normal path. As she ascended the mountain her heart fluttered like a butterfly's wings. Macarria could've been here and it almost made her giddy. Once at the top, Abella went to enter the dark cave. There was a light ahead and slowly she took one step after another until she reached the light. Strange sounds were coming from ahead and that made her stop just as she neared the lit room. Her lavender eyes peered around the corner and widened at the horrendous sight she saw. Blood was everywhere as were the corresponding bodies.

As if on cue, her mind went into shock. One of those marred bodies could've been Macarria. The strange creature-like monster noticed her presence. It had ugly green skin and huge eyes. The creature stopped its actions and turned its attentions to her.

“Who are you Elf-girl?”it croaked.

Abella opened her mouth to speak but her voice ceased. She could feel Vielyn's presence behind her and her breath hitched as he put his hands on her shoulders to ease her fear.

“I am Princess of Eeliethiya, Crown-Princess Abella Feani Rilynmitore.”

The ogre looked about her. The dress she wore revealed some things that a princess should have concealed. “Ah the Elf-girl of Eeliethiya. What brings you here your grace?”he questioned, his voice teasingly amused.

“I've gotten word that the High priestess of my court never returned from these very mountains. Would you care to explain to me what became of her?”

The ogre circled around her, a smug smile adorning his ugly lips. “Ah, a high priestess you say? I've eaten a many my lady and I've never been one to utilize attentiveness when I devour someone.”

The elven princess avoided his teasing gaze as she readied her bow before taking aim. As she took a stance, vielyn could feel her tremble.

*“Koron en' naur.”she whispered.

The arrow sparked into flames. The magic of elves was a power no one would reckoned with if they had a choice. It was a powerful art. Abella released the arrow, hitting her mark and the creature burst into flames. It wouldn't kill him but it would leave ugly scars.

“Tempa en' tessa” were last words she'd murmered before turning to Vielyn. “It seems we ventured here for naught. I apologize If I dragged you into something you'd rather regret.”she said as she chewed on her lip.

The drovian prince couldn't help wiping away the tear that threatened to fall from her eye. The torchlight lit her face with its embers and it made him feel somewhat different about her. In reality, he would've yelled at her but seeing how delicate a creature she truly was, he could not bring himself to do it.

“I chose to accompany you Abella. Do not blame yourself.”he said, tracing her cheek with his hand.

She looked up at him but didn't move away from his touch. Never had she felt this way. Her stomach twisted into a fluttering knot and her heart raced. As Vielyn looked at her he slipped his hand under chin and brought her face closer. Once more Abella welcomed his gentle notion. She could only close her eyes as they drew closer and closer together. Vielyn captured her lips within his own and she returned it fully. Her heart seemed to flutter with a new emotion as he deepened the kiss and she put her hands on his shoulders. Both then parted ways.

Their eyes met and Abella could only stare as a blush burned on her cheeks. She turned away, attempting to hide it. She couldn't have asked more for a perfect first kiss. And he'd given it to her. A Drow! But the gesture had been more than what she'd thought it would've been.

“Princess.” said a voice.

A bright light appeared before them in the form of an orb. The light began to fade a bit and before them was the High Priestess herself, Macarria. Her feet touched the ground as the orb dissipated. She bowed with respect.

“Princess Abella. My lady, what are you doing here?”she questioned as went over to the young woman.

Abella hugged her. “I came in search of you. You've been dubbed missing among the Council.” she explained.

Macarria was displeased. “I told no one to follow me and yet here you are.” she said. “It has been a misunderstanding your grace. Go back and tell them that.”

“But what about....?”Abella began.

“I shall remain here until my training is complete. As for you, I will return you to the safety of the kingdom. ” she said, handing her a scroll.

The young princess could only nod and step back as Macarria's hands began to glow with a blue light. The blue luminance surrounded her and Vielyn in its magic. Macarria smiled.

“Farewell Princess Abella.” she whispered.

And with that, Macarria dispappeared from sight.

~~~~~~~~~

Her eyes watched the moon with disdain and she could sense that her Brother had left his quarters again. Such an insolent wretch to have as a relative. Rilrae paced about the room, wondering how he could leave such a lovely room. It was beautifully decorated yet revoltingly too colorful for her tastes. But then again when she though about it, her brother had always had a distaste for the darkness opposite her.

She could laugh as her thoughts reeled. It was almost midnight and her dear brother had not returned. She could only wonder where he could be. What really had her worried was the chaos Eeliethiya was in right now.

“Ah Dear Vielyn, what have you done this time?”

~~~~~~~~~

Aislinn paced and paced. Surely, the gods were toying with her. They just had to be! She'd just gotten word from one of the watchmen that one of the horses had been taken and that her eldest child was missing as well. Oh why were gods toying with her? A servant entered the chambers and bowed.

“Have you found her?” she questioned, voice frantic and hands trembling.

The man before her shook his head. “No My queen but the King has called an emergency council. He wishes for you to attend.”

Aislinn turned away. “I shall not participate in court until my daughter has been found.”

~~~~~~~~~

The forests of Freja were silent. Not an animal was heard. The Animals had abandoned their woodlands in a panic. A blue orb of light appeared overhead the treetops. It shone brightly before evaporating. Two figures landed in the treetops.

Abella looked around, recognizing the landscape as the beautiful forests she loved. She jumped from the tree and landed on her feet. Vielyn stood beside her. She could hear voices in the distance and turned to him, opening her mouth to say something.

“Princess! There you are!” shouted a voice.

Abella panicked. “Go back to the cottage before they capture you.” she whispered.

The torchlights neared and the drow hid in the shadows. Abella nodded towards him as she stepped forward. A group of guards and townspeople stood before her. A woman threw a cloak over her shoulders.

“The King and Queen are worried sick about you.” she said as she led her away.

Abella nodded, fearing the lecture and scolding she was sure to receive for doing such a thing. When she looked up, the kingdom had come into view. Solara and Celesia looked at her with worried eyes.

“My lady.”said Celesia.

She nodded. “I've been informed.” she said as the both of them joined her.

Solara was not pleased, she could tell. But she could deal with that. Her sisters were one thing but her parents were another. She could only hope that the four of them would forgive her and give her mercy.

~~~~~~~~~

The Council had gathered, the men and women of the court. Korali watched with unease as they chatted away about the situation. He couldn't fathom why his daughter would disappear like this.

“Council is now in session.”

The doors opened and in walked a maid. “Our Princess has been found.” she announced.

The room erupted in yet more chatter. Korali stood to his feet. “Where is she now?”

The maid nodded. “The princess has been escorted to her quarters.”

The courts went silent once more as they awaited a command from their ruler. The Elven King dismissed them with a wave of his hand. He didn't care to listen to their insensitive babbling. What mattered now was his daughter.

~~~~~~~~~~

Abella let her fingers comb through her hair as she sat upon her bed. Her parents had yet to scold her and she had been at unrest about it. When she thought about it, it had been a fine punishment for her. Luckily, she hadn't been accused of treason for leaving the Kingdom nor of having relations with a Drovian male. Of course the latter had only been partly true but if she had been accused, she would've surely been exiled. The door opened and a servant entered.

“Princess, your Uncle has come to speak with you. May he enter?”

Abella nodded, making herself presentable. Elivan entered the room and closed the door behind him. He eyed his niece with defeated eyes and she could only look away in shame as her fingers worked through her hair.

“Abella, how could you..How could you leave the Kingdom when not permitted to do so?” he began.

When she did not answer he took that as a sign to go on. “The fact that you went out alone with no permission is one thing but with a Drovian man! Do you know what you've brought upon this family?”

The Elven princess turned toward him. “Tell me Uncle, do you believe I was wrong to go after Macarria? A woman deemed my instructor and friend? If it were my sisters, I would've done everything in my power. And you would've done the same for my mother;your sister. I did nothing to harm my title nor did I have relations with the Drovian prince. I have brought nothing upon my family nor did I sully the name of Rilynmitore.”

Elivan became enraged. “If you were my daughter....” he said in a rage.

Abella stood from her bed and moved closer. She stood before her Uncle, the moon glinting in her eyes. “And If I were? Would you punish me because a village man claimed to see a Drow in my company? Would you wrong me for the blame of some commoner?

As she asked the question, she strode over to the window. Elivan did not answer. His niece had been blessed with the sharp wit his sister possessed. Her words were so delicately put together that he had no response to give her.

The Elven princess folded her arms across her chest before turning slightly to look at him, a small frown on her face.

“I didn't think so.”

-End-
♠ ♠ ♠
Koron en' naur.-Fire Ball
Tempa en' tessa-Stone Wall

Hello! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thank you for your kind comments! ^_^