Status: Complete.

People Pass By

People pass by

People pass by him on the sidewalk paying no attention. At a crowd it does not matter who you are. "The perfect coverage for a demon", he caught himself thinking. "Cut it out, Dean. It's gone. It's all in the past cannot and won't come back. You're right here, right now. 'Carpe diem!' I spoke it like Sam would, that geek".

It's all in his memories: he haunts, the adrenaline, demons, ghosts, warewolves. Even vampires. Isn't it still funny? His eyes make no direct contact. People pass by. He wasn't and isn't a people person. A lady who wants a one night stand? Yes, bring it on.

However, if it's a woman he'll really have to deal with? Let him think. It takes him just a second to run. His trained reflexes might be very handy sometimes. Cassie, though, was a worthy woman and he cared about getting deep. And by getting deep he did not mean conversation before sex. Women pass by.

At a crowd it does not matter who you were. Nobody cares who you will turn out to be. But it does matter who you are now, at the moment they look at you, at the short period they let themselves be affected somehow. And Dean is alone, walking his own lonely path. He has nothing, not even a 'survivor' t-shirt. He's homeless, loveless.

"Sam, look... The three of us, that's all we have, that's all I have. Sometimes I feel like I'm barely holding it together, man. Without you and Dad".

He is the remaining job of the devil. And he had killed his freak children. He was vulnerable, an easy target. "Just finish it, damn", he spoke out loud while entering a church. The revenge must be the curse of seeing faces but never the ones you are looking for.

People just pass by. He saved too many of them. Who is going to save him now? "Oh, Lord. If You are up there..." he said kneeling in the cathedral. A noise was coming from behind. It would be better keep the gun close.

"Forgive me, Father, for I've sin". He wondered if the idea was too stupid. Oh, whatever. He wishes he could see the faces the priest made when he talked about Minnesota, or the scarecrow. He wishes so many things he's lost count of them. Dean walked through the crowd, passing by...
♠ ♠ ♠
This oneshot was writen after Season 1 of Supernatural, it's been a while. I hope you enjoy it!