Episodes of Angel's Grave #2

A Night to Remember

I was sitting in the library, reading a book by the fireplace when my father walks in; He was carrying a baseball bat behind his back, "Jemma Alli?" he said very seriously.
"Yes?" I responded, not looking up from my book, "What is it?"
He was looking down at me, ashaimed of what she had become. He took the book from me and threw it in the fireplace; I looked up at him and stood up.
" Why the hell did you do that?" I said, pulling the book from the fire.
" We need to talk about you and Devon," He said coldly.
I froze when he said Devon's name, I turned and looked at him, "Um, what about me and Devon?" I was shaking slightly.
"Don't play stupid with me, you Whore!" he yelled, stepping closer to me. I tried to back away from him but he grabbed my hair and smaked me across the face.
"Your pregnant with his child? How could you be such a slut?!?" He spoke, still gripping my hair. He held my face just inches from his own.
I spat in his face and escaped his grasp. I made it two steps before I felt a shooting pain in my spine; He had broken the bat across her back. I let out a scream and fell to my knees;
I stood back up and went for the door. He grabbed me tightly around the waist.
"Let me go!" I screamed, "Will, help!"
I had no idea that he was still gone. My father grabed my jaw making me face him. He smaked me across the face again, causing me to fall towards the fireplace. My jaw caught the mantal
of the fireplace, breaking both my jaw and my glasses around my eye socket. He walked up to her and kicked her in the side just beneath my under arm. I began to cough up blood and tried to call
Will with my emotional and physical pain. One more blow to the face and my vision fades....

Will had just exited a friend's vehical, watching it pull away when he coughed up blood. He had went to a party after work and could barely tell what his sister was doing. He was just outside
the front door when he felt the full magnitude of his sisters pain. Will flung open the door and made his way down the hall; using the wall to keep him up. He reached the door and staggered in; seeing
his sister on the ground, his father above her.
A small gasp escaped his partly opened lips; He let the door slam behind him. Their father father turned around and saw that Will had entered the room.
"William," He said smirking, "this doesn't consurn you, just turn around and go to bed." He slowly started walking towards Will, his fists clenched and
bloody by his sides.
Will kept his distance from his father; for every step he took towards him, Will took one away to get to his sister.
"Cole, She's my sister, so therefore it IS my business." He looked at his father's hands, then at his sister and shivered. He prepared himself for the inevitable hit that would come at any second.
"For christ sake, she's your daughter," he said loudly.
Cole shook his head, giving sighs that he was drunk, " That little whore is not my daughter. My daughter would not have gotten pregnant; especially not with a druggie's kid."
Will was sober now, "Jemma is not a whore and Devon is not a druggie. You call my sister a whore one more time and there will be problems."
Cole closed the space between them; laughing, " and what problem would that be?" He grabbed Will's shoulder tightly, holding him in place.
Will spoke sternly, " you know what." He looks at his sister laying there: pale, fragile, bleeding and broken. She was waking up, although he couldn't tall if her eyes were open becaus her hair
was in her face.
Cole's fist made contact with Will's face, but all he could see and hear was his sister. She shot up and started screaming, gripping her face; her eye was still bleeding from all the glass. Will turns to help her when Cole takles him and
sends them both out the window.

I got up as fast as my body would let me and ran over to the window.
"Will!?!" I called out from the window, holding onto the frame for support, "are you okay?"
The wind was blowing and was making it impossable to hear anything clearly. I finally hear him and Cole fighting in the courtyard; she runs into the kitchen and grabed a knife. I walked out of the kitchen and down the hall to the entrence
of the house; walking up the grand staircase to her parents room. Her mother was at the vanity, covering up the bruises her husband had given her. I walked to their door, hiding the knife behind her. My mother looked up at me and frowned.
"What the hell are you looking at?" She said coldly. My mother was a drunk who could care less about her family; in fact she did. She spent all of her money on her alcohol and drugs as oppose to them.
I shook my head, "nothing at all." My face was bruising and had a slow flow of blood trailing from my eye brow.
"Did your father do that to you?" my mother scoffed, "probably surived you right."
"Well Shannon, did Cole do that to you or did your boyfriend Marcus?" I spat, knowing that it would piss her off the most.
She bolted from her chair, "don't go bringing up things that you don't understand," She yelled, "and its 'mom' to you."
I started laughing, "Don't kid yourself. And you and I both know that Cole is not my real father and the Marcus is. I protected you from Cole; I kept him form finding out that I knew. I protected you and you failed to do the same for me and Will."
Shannon lunged at me but I pulled the knife on her and stabbed her in the chest. She made a sound and staggered backwards; falling on her bed. I walked over to her and stabbed her in the throat a few times to insure that she was dead.
I looked up at the sound of heavy footsteps, quickly running up that stairs. I stood there petrified, as the steps get closer. I quickly shut the lights off.
A shadowy figure appeared in the doorway. He was hunched over, so I couldn't tell who it was.
"Jemma?" the figure said, breathing heavily.
I dropped the knife, allowing it to hit the floor with a clang. I ran over to the figure
" Will, oh god," I hold onto him, sobbing into his shoulder, " I thought you were Cole."
He led me to to their room to grab them clothes and finally looked into my eyes; noticing all the blood on me. My arms were covered in my mother's blood and my face was barely bleeding anymore.
"Jemma, Who's blood is that?" He stepped closer to me and began to look for the insicion in my arm that would cause that much blood.
"Mother's, Its mother's Will," was all I couls say, "She had to die."
He ran his fingers threw his hair and said, " I know she did, Jem"