Status: WIP

The Other World

Prologue - The Beginning

"Tell me about the creatures Grandma-ma" A little girl said scooting closer to the fire and the rocking chair that laid beside it housing a Elderly Woman. Her snow white hair piled up in a bun and creases lined her kind maternal face. "Of course dear" She said to the child at her feet, "The Creatures" She began "Are not like you and me, they live above us. In a world where the very meaning of time is lost which is why dear it's called the World of the Unchanging to those of us who know.

More fearsome than anything imaginable, are the creatures most call fictional, They have faded from the knowledge of humans and now reside in the deepest crypts of their minds, and in the story tales given to children to frighten and put them in their placeā€ The child gasped scooting even closer to her Grandmother as if for protection. Her blue eyes wide with anticipation. "These creatures are the Fae, they have lived for centuries, secrecy the whole way until a young Fae by the name of Radhairc saw a human on a lone path"

"Don't Forget twilight Grandma-ma! It must be twilight!" The little girl piped up interrupting the story.

"Yes Bridget, twilight. So Radhairc saw a human on a lone path at twilight. Watching the man stumble about she took pity. Wishing she could help she thought of an idea to let her. Saying a few words in the wind she uttered a spell and when the speech reached the man she fluttered down before him. He gasped as her feet stopped infront of him, he had never seen anything so beautiful and so alien."

"What did she look like? grandma-ma?"

"Child! patience!" The old woman said sternly before resuming the story "Her hair was the colour of fall, Reds and Browns and yellows blended together to form wild tresses that raced down her back. Her skin was sunlight seeping through the trees a milky golden colour wrapped around her. Her eyes were the leaves at spring. The man thought he had died and gone to heaven. What are you he kept asking. Yet as he followed her, he received no answer until they reached a village and she turned to him saying-"

"I know what she said grandma-ma! I know! She said I am Fae and you must keep this a secret for I have blessed you with the sight so you can gaze your eyes upon my kind. Your children will have this ability and it will be passed down from generation to generation. Use it well."

"Excellent dear and years later when he had married and had kids, his kids (as the faerie years ago had promised) could see her kind. Some were of the Night, Some were of the Sun, some of the Water and Some of the Earth. Yet that did not matter for there they were" She then became quite as she said the last line "And that is how we came to be"

The girl, Bridget yawned and said "That's one of my favorites, is it really true? I do hope so"

"Yes it is true now up to bed with you." The grandmother said as she hoisted Bridget up into her arms and walked the girl until she reached a small bed where she plopped her down. "Sweet dreams and don't let the bed bugs bite"
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, Please comment if you find any grammatical errors as I know there must be a few. Tell me if the story should go on and what your thoughts of the story are. Thank You :)