Status: WIP

The Other World

Chapter 2- All good things must end

A bang sounded in the distance ringing throughout the house where Bridget slept. Awakened by the crash she lept out of bed and put on the men's clothes she used for training. Grabbing her dagger and Rapier she ran out of her room to see flames licking the sides of the small cottage she and her grandma shared.
“Grandma!” She screamed as a rafter from the ceiling fell down with a great groan. Soon she heard a scream from outside.

Bridget rushed to the fields that surrounded them pushing the dark thoughts swirling in her mind away.
“Grandma!” She cried. There was a dark mass laying on the ground. A shallow cut was above her Grandmothers eye, scratches on her arm.
“You’ll be okay! They aren’t that bad” She made to grab the old lady
“Wait! I must give you something!” The woman reached toward her skirts pulling a animal skin pouch out ripping it off her.
“Take it! You’ll need it just keep it safe.”
“Why? Your fine, you don’t need to give it to me”
“No! You must, they’re here!”
-Them? No...- Bridget though as she wildly turned around unsheathing her sword. A lazy laugh came up from behind her. She slowly turned,it was a faerie. Another of dark just like the ones she had killed a just days before. Except, he was different...He was larger than all the others. Dark wings of Shadows swirled around and his skin was the colour of fog. In a moment to fast for Bridget to see he whipped out a knife and threw it with amazing speed at her Grandmother, who let out a small gasp as the knife hit her between the eyes.
“No!” Bridget cried fury building up inside of her. She ran toward the faerie who killed her beloved grandma. Blindly slicing and cutting until she opened her eyes and realized the monster was unharmed. The creature laughed dark and sinister sending shivers up Bridget's spine.

“It is not yet our time to fight, Go along child before I lose patience” He said coldly.
Bridget screamed a cry of fury and flung her self at him but before her blade could try and hit skin she was flung away by an invisible force. Slamming her head against the side of her burned down home. The last thing she saw before darkness came was the rising of the sun in the east.

“One day I won’t be able to be here for you Bridget” Began her Grandmother with tears welling up in her eyes.
“What do you mean Grandma-ma? You’ll always be here right?” A ten year old child said eyes beginning to gloss over
“One day the bad people are going to come, and when they do I’ll be through”
“No you wont grandma! No one can kill you! You’ll never die.”
“Dear, nothing is forever. Not even me”
“But-”
“No buts, now when I go there is a pouch I will give you or you will have to find. It is made of leather and it will show you where you have to go.”
“where will I go?”
“Far away I’m afraid dear, far away” Grandma’s face and voice fading away


Water splashed on Bridget’s face. Sputtering she rose and saw herself in the town apothecary.
“What?”
“Sit down Bridget!” A voice said. Looking around she saw Healer Maybelle’s kind face staring at her with concern etched in her brows. “Now, what happened? You’re a mess. Your house is burned down and your grandmother well...”
“I dont-” Bridget began to think of a way to say anything with out giving away the secret of her and her-tears welled in her eyes as she fully remembers the events that had occurred.
“Bandits” She said slowly. “They came to raid our home and well grandmother died trying to save me from their blows” Bridget began to weep and the healer came over and told her to rest and lay down.
“You should stay with me for a little bit while the wounds heal.”
♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh Ding dong granny died 0_o what now? Please comment and give suggestions and ideas on how the story should go