A Touch of Darkness

Chapter 3

Adrianna:
I slipped into an empty bathroom to check my hair and makeup. I fished my lip balm out of my bag and started re-applying. This was my final stop before I went down to meet Draco at the boathouse. Today had flown by so fast. I let my thoughts wander until I saw something behind me in the mirror. I spun around and saw a girl. Her dark brown hair was tied into two pigtails and she wore glasses similar to Harry Potter’s. Her face carried a look of almost contempt that no one should have. Oh and she was also a ghost. “What are you doing in MY bathroom?” she screeched. Her voice echoed around the whole bathroom. “I-I-I was j-just checking my m-m-makeup.” I stuttered. Out of all the things that came with the magical world I lived in, ghosts freaked me out the most. I don’t know why, they just did. “Oh...going on a date or something?”
“Or something...”
“Well, now that we’ve had our girl chat...GET OUT!” She flew around me and the disappeared into a nearby cubical. I didn’t wast anytime and hurried out of the bathroom, not wanting to annoy this ghost any further. I rushed out of the bathroom so fast that as soon as I walked into the corridor I ran right into someone. Why did I keep doing that? When we both finally got ourselves back together we stood up to face each other. She was a girl that looked my age. Her pale blonde hair hung loose around her shoulders and she was wearing a strange pair of glasses. “I’m so sorry, I wasn’t looking where I was going.”
“That’s quite all right. I was distracted by the wrackspurts...” She examined my head, “Wow, you’re head is full of them...Oh, my name is Luna, by the way.”
“Nice to meet you Luna, I’m Adrianna.” I looked anxiously down the hallway. “Look Luna, I would love to stay and get to know you but I have to meet someone.”
“I understand, I also have things to do. My shoes seem to have vanished again so I have to look for them, bye Adrianna.”
“Cya” I replied over my shoulder as I had already started making my way down the hall.
Draco:
My mind was reeling over the impossible task I had been given. How could I be expected to do this? I paced the boathouse, ignoring the whole world and only concentrating on my thoughts. I stopped my pacing and gazed out the window. The overcast weather only added to my already dreary mood. Soft footsteps snapped me out of my daze. Adrianna stood at the door of the boathouse. Her long, curly hair seemed a more vibrant red than the last time I had seen her. She leaned on the arch of the doorway and simply said “Hey.” and smiled at me.
“Hello.” I replied. The silence stretched on. I had no idea it would be this awkward between us. “So, why did you want to meet me here?” I opened my mouth to answer her question but then closed it. I don’t know why I asked to meet her here. Before I could stop myself I blurted out “I just had to see you again, alone.” Another awkward silence followed. She cautiously made her way inside the boathouse. “Is this where the first years are taken on the boats?” I was about to make a snide sarcastic comment when again I stopped myself. I don’t know why I was monitoring my behavior so much today. I’ve never really cared about anyone else’s feelings and why should I? No one has ever cared about mine. I simply answered her “Yes.” Adrianna moved from the doorway over to a window facing the black lake. “Its amazing, isn’t it?” She peered out across the lake, over to the vast scenery beyond. I gradually made my way over to her and stood next to her. I noticed that she was only a tiny bit shorter than me. This made me want to grow a few inches. Without looking down I placed my hand on the window sill only it wasn’t the sill I felt. My hand was now resting on hers. Her eyes shot up to me at my touch. Her vivid emerald eyes seemed to sparkle in the bare light. Without another thought crossing my mind I moved my hand up to cup her chin. I slowly moved her delicate face until her lips were centimeters away from my own. I paused to examine her more closely for a moment. Her eyes were closed, anticipating my kiss, her cheeks were flushed a slight pink and her lips were so luscious I finally gave in and drew them into mine.
Adrianna:
His kiss took me by surprise. It started gentle, our lips only touching, but then it grew to a more passionate and deep kiss. I began to forget where his lips ended and mine began, they melted together in a way that was so perfect. I ran my hands through his ash blonde hair and softened my body against his. This was the first time I had ever kissed anyone and I had always wanted it to be special and this didn’t disappoint. My heart beat raced and I could feel the thudding from my feet all the way up to my ears. Too soon Draco broke his lips from mine. I drew in a sharp breath and rested my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned his head on top of mine. I breathed out a sigh of relief and forgot everything in the world apart from the guy holding me.