A Touch of Darkness

Chapter 4

Draco:
My heart was still racing. I couldn’t believe what I had just done. I had never let anyone in before and here I was, holding this Gryffindor that I barely knew, letting her into my heart. She looked up at me and smiled. I didn’t know what it was about this girl but I wanted to bare my soul, tell her everything about my past and about the monstrous task I had been chosen to do. “Wow.” Adrianna’s sweet voice broke me from my thoughts, “That was the first time I have ever kissed anyone, it was amazing.” She set her head onto my chest. I scarcely knew this girl but it felt so right to have her in my arms. She looked up to me suddenly “Does this mean that we are...together?” I didn’t know how to answer her. If Crabbe and Goyle found out about this, or worse, father...how could I tell this breathtaking girl that if I was seen with her, I would be tortured. My newly received dark mark itched at my dark thoughts.
Adrianna:
I waited anxiously for Draco to answer me. I wanted to be with him desperately. Even though I hardly knew him I felt connected to him in a special, indescribable way. I could tell that the thoughts racing through his head were extremely conflicted. While I let him think over my question I decided to do some thinking of my own. I thought back to yesterday with Hermione. I could imagine her and Harry’s reaction to my relationship with Draco and it wasn’t pleasant. All of a sudden my thoughts found an answer to our problem and I could see Draco had came to the same conclusion. We would have to keep our relationship a secret. “I want you to be my girlfriend.” He said to me, staring straight into my eyes
“I’d like that.” I smiled up at him, “But we’ll have to keep it a secret. I can imagine what Harry and the rest of the Gryffindors would say if they knew and I suppose it would be the same with your Slytherin friends.” He simply nodded. I broke away from his warm embrace and stood by the doorway “You know this is quite romantic, like Romeo and Juliet.” He strode over to me and held me in his arms once more “It is exactly like Romeo and Juliet.” He moved his head down to mine and kissed my lips gently. I breathed in his sweet scent and then turned away from him. I made my way over to the bottom of the many steps on the way up to the castle. The sun had just set and the countryside was bathed in a beautiful dusk light. I blew my Romeo a kiss and made my way up the stairs up to the courtyard. There were a few students dispersed throughout the courtyard and outside corridors. I quickly made my way to the Gryffindor common room and found Hermione, Harry and the red haired kid sitting by the fire. Hermione saw me enter and motioned for me to join them. “Hey” I greeted them and sat next to Harry. Hermione turned to me “Hello Adrianna. Harry, Ron and I were just wondering where you had gotten to. Oh I forgot, Adrianna, Ron, Ron, Adrianna.” She motioned between me and the red head that I had just found out was Ron. “Nice to meet you.” He said and I nodded.
Hermione:
Adrianna arrived at the common room at dusk. She looked slightly flushed and very content. I motioned for her to join Harry, Ron and I who were sitting by the fire. I quickly introduced her to Ron and then asked her what the three of us had been wondering “So where have you been? You ran off after potions class.” Adrianna paused for a moment, as if trying to gather her thoughts “I went exploring the castle and it’s grounds. I wanted to find out where everything is so I wouldn’t have to ask people all the time.” She explained. I could tell she way lying but I decided not to push the issue. “So what have you guys been talking about?” she asked as she absent mind-idly twirled one of her stray curls. “Well, we have been noticing suspicious behavior of some of the students.” I looked at Harry with an expression that said don’t say any more but he didn’t notice, “Draco Malfoy for example has been acting really suspicious and disappearing of the Marauder’s Map all the time. I think he may be going off campus.”
“Harry, we already went through this, you can’t leave Hogwarts grounds, no one can. The map must be malfunctioning” I sighed. Harry’s prejudice to Draco was playing a big part in his suspicion.
“The map doesn’t mess up.” Ron disagreed. I just averted my eyes from his and gazed at the crackling fire. I hated it when he tried to argue against me. Adrianna was looking very confused and asked “Um..What is the Marauder’s Map?”
“Oh right, I totally forgot you didn’t know about it.” Harry started to explain the map and he trailed off into a history of their first 5 years of Hogwarts…