Status: Rating might change, depending on comments. My favorite story right now- hope it becomes yours too~

Semper Fidelis

ch 2

I re-wrapped the bullet wound with the first-aid kit in my car, then drove to the nearest bar. I was happier with Guinness in my system, but there was something familiar about the Pantera shirt on the bartender… I slammed my glass onto the counter. I’d just realized that:

1. My day actually could get worse
2. The bartender was the nosy stranger from before
3. I wasn’t drinking Guinness.

”You.” I glared. “What are you doing here?” I demanded. He opened his mouth to reply, but my roommate walked in right on cue. “Carter.”

“Hey, you,” He hugged me, then leaned across the bar to give a handshake to my “bartender”. I froze like a mouse in a mousetrap. “Sup Dalton.”

I plastered the prettiest, fakest sweetest smile onto my face that I could manage. “You two know each other?” Carter grinned happily. Uh oh.

“I told you that my cousin in the Marines is gonna live with us for a month while he’s on leave. Remember?” The pieces slowly clicked together in my mind. I dropped my face flat onto the bar.

“Drink. Gimme a drink. Now.” I heard the smirk in his voice as my answer came,

“Comin right up.”

*Half an hour and many shots later*

“So I take it you two already met?” Carter sat beside me on a barstool as I built a pyramid with my shot glasses. I had another 10 filled a little further down.

“Yup. Your cousin’s an ass and I don’t like him.” No point in sugar-coating things. I skewered him with my eyes to emphasize my point, but it didn’t quite achieve the desired effect. He just raised his glass and downed it.

One shot. Two. Three. Four. “Ashley, coffee please!” I called to the blonde not too far down.

“No.” Carter gave us both stern looks. Ashley glanced at me apologetically and inched away. “So are you gonna help us move his stuff in?”

I rolled my eyes as I finished my pyramid. He had no subtlety. “Do I get a choice?”

“Nope. You’re a bad driver when you’re sober and if I ever find out who gave you your license, they’re going down.”

“Can’t you let it go?” I whined. “It was one time!”

“You totaled the car, crashed through a construction zone, ran over 2 cats, almost hit a deer, barely missed an old lady, and all you had that day was coffee!”

I tapped my nails on the counter, wondering how much trouble I’d be in if I used my shirt to hit him in the face. My fingers edged downwards. “If you even think about it, you’ll be in a straight-jacket for the next month.”

Damn. He would, too. “Remind me again who appointed you to be my parent?”

“I appointed myself- for the safety and sanity of innocent peoples all over America.”

“Is she that psychotic?” asked Dalton.

“You’re that psychotic,” I snapped.

“You two should go out on a date,” Carter quipped.

We both gave him a simultaneous “Yes” and “No”. I turned and stalked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment/subscribe. <3