Status: Rating might change, depending on comments. My favorite story right now- hope it becomes yours too~

Semper Fidelis

ch. 4

I made a point to keep my door locked tonight after that. Those two had no concept of privacy when they were around each other.I felt more alone the next day when I awoke. But I was probably just imagining it. It had been a while since I had a boyfriend but I didn't need the distraction now. I also awoke to the smell of something burning.

"Motherfucker!"

And that would be Dalton.

I sighed, pulling on jeans and a tee shirt and running outside. "You're going to set off the fire alarm!" I hissed and ran to the window. He could deal with the frying pan he set on fire. I looked over. Or not. I pushed him out of the way and took care of the mess. "Where's your cousin? He actually knows how to use the kitchen without burning the house down. Unlike some others." I scowled, popping a few waffles in to toast and scrubbing burnt egg off of the pan.

"He says you're taking us to BJ's in," he glanced at the clock, "two hours." His smirk crossed his face, lighting up his bright blue eyes. My eyes narrowed, contemplating whether or not this way just a ploy to get me to cook for him. "As for the kitchen..."

"If you make a joke out of my favorite restaurant, or some lame crack at women belonging in the kitchen, you will be starving for the next two hours," I threatened. He didn't say anything, but smirked- and I am so damn sick of the sexy smirk- as he went to the other side of the mini-bar and watched me.

It took an immense amount of self-control not to look up at his bare and and obvious six-pack. Which, I'm sure, had everything to do with the military and nothing to actually do with him. Except the fact that I wanted his body up against mine. Aw, shit.

I pushed a big plate of eggs, hash browns, etc in front of him and he dug in as I returned to my room. "Aren't you eating?" It took me a few seconds to process the question, as he asked through a huge mouthful of food.

"No." I did my thing in the bathroom, not in the mood for makeup today, and headed for the door. "Coming?"

"You should eat. You're practically anorexic."

"You're not even 20 pounds heavier."

"But I eat."

"Just get in," I pulled out and started driving.

"You know, lunch isn't for another hour and a half."

"You know, I wouldn't make you food just to drive you to lunch."

"You know-" He began as I rolled my eyes. "-I can tell a part of you really wants me. Why're you holding it back?"

"Because I'm worth more than an easy lay."

"I know." Yeah, right. I parked outside of the bank as he leaned over and kissed me. I let him. Stupidly, but I did. He tasted like mint and cigarettes. I kissed back, pulling him closer- half of me wanted to lose myself in the moment. But the other half of me won over and I pulled away.

"I'll be back." I got out of the car and went into the building.

I called Carter and left Dalton with him, turning my phone off and leaving my car at home to go on a run for the rest of the day. I usually hated running but I wanted to get away. I got back around two in the morning, when it was dark and quiet.

I showered, and really shouldn't have been surprised to see Dalton on my bed. The surprising thing was that he had clothes on. "Shouldn't you be off getting drunk somewhere around this time?" I was somewhat unnerved as he backed me into a wall. I was wearing a towel. Also disconcertingly, he was looking at my face instead of somewhere, say, lower.

"You want to tell me why you spent over 12 hours avoiding me today?"

"Get out."

"No."

"Fuck you."

"You wouldn't."

"And why would I?" I glared, his face and body mere inches away. I tensed, trying to fight off the sensations by locking out my muscles. It didn't work.

"Because you want to." And he was right. I dropped my towel, using my hands to pull his lips down to mine. It would be the best and worst mistake of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think I figured out how I want the story to go now. Thanks to everyone who commented!