Status: One shot.

Memories.

Chapter 1.

I rolled over in my bed, the sheets tangling with my bare legs, the cold air stinging slightly. I ran my fingers over my face, and pressed slightly into my eyes, kneading them and letting a small sigh fall from my lips. My fingers grasped the unruly sheets, twisting them in my fingers, pulling at them, freeing them from being tucked into the side of the bed.

My short night dress was hitched up, and it wasn’t the longest thing anyway. I tossed and turned, staring up at the dark ceiling, the moonlight pooling into the room, creating dramatic shadows on all the furniture. Everything I saw reminded me of her. Just that one girl, who changed every bit of my life to the complete opposite, who made me think anything was possible, who was the first one to tell me that I was beautiful. The one thing that was important to me.

She taught me how to be myself, she defined me. She was that one person I couldn’t imagine myself without. Juliet made me who I was, then a young woman on a journey to happiness with the girl she loved. Now, an emotional wreck. Thank you, my love.
I slipped my long legs over the edge of the bed, my bare feet touching the cold hard floor. I stood up, my feet not holding my entire weight, gingerly stepping one foot in front of the other, as I held onto the wall. My legs wobbled unsteadily, my mind making the entire room swoop and spin. I stumbled towards the kitchen window, letting the freezing air hit me in the face as I opened the window, hearing a quiet noise of early morning traffic down below.
The window opened wide, and to the side, creaking as I opened it so it slammed on the wall. I looked down on the cars, and up to the polluted city. It’d be nice to see some actual trees for once, instead of dark important buildings and important people going to important places in big silly cars.

In a spur of the moment decision, I turned the front door knob and raced out of the apartment, knocking over a coat on the way out. I sprang down all 4 steps, twisting left and right, thinking of the route that was quickest, to the one place I needed to be.
I dodged my way past the collection bins, my bare feet pressing into glass, the stench of the city turning my stomach. Homeless people stared at me from the floor below, taking in my barefooted, small dressed, wild haired state. I twisted and turned down dark alleys and under blinking street lights.

I found the entrance to the park, the gates high, a metallic black and locked. I rattled at it, and there was a small gap, small enough for me, but of course I knew that; Juliet and I used to come here all the time at night. Just like old times. I slunk down, shimming through and sliding through the gap. I sauntered around twigs, high on the sadness of life.
I looked up at the stars, shining bright through the silhouette of trees. I ran through the park, following the windy path, and then going off course to a clearing.

The rain had started by then, drenching my skin, soaking and freezing me all the way through to the bone. The clearing was muddy, my bare feet sinking down and the mud made its way up to my ankles. All my memories of her rushed to my head;
Saturday night, just me and her building a forte.

Making a cake with her, covered in flour and eggs, making a mess of everything.
Laughter. Sad films. Memories


My knees collapsed, the grass tickled my leg, the rain had thinned and tears streamed down my face. I didn’t know what I could do without her. I still don’t. It’s been three months, and it’s never going to end.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay it's absoloutly teeenyy.
for this Contest
it's terrible i know:')