Status: Active...very active.

Just Keep Breathing.

Not without a fight.

The walk into the airport was silent. The only noise being made was the shuffle of our feet and the clinging of her suitcase I was carrying. Once we got near the gate she had to go in to I dropped her bag next to me. She sighed and looked up at me, biting her lip in the process.

"Go say goodbye to everyone." I whispered and she nodded before walking over to Lee and engulfing him in a hug. I sighed trying to keep myself together as she said her goodbyes because I knew it was about to me. Once she was done the guys gave me a look before leaving us alone. My eyes moved directly to her and her usual bright eyes were no where to be seen.

"Katie bug." I said with a grin as I shoved my hands into my pockets. She then, without hesitation, stepped to me and wrapped her arms around my torso.

I closed my eyes letting her hold on tightly to me. She began to sniffle which knocked me out of my thoughts.

"Don't cry, love." I whispered wrapping my arms around her waist.

"I can't help it."

"Hey..."

She looked up at me and I gave her a grin, "it'll be fine. Juss wait and see."

She nodded and I moved my hands to her face, "I love yeh." I whispered kissing her forehead.

"I mean that." I added as I brushed a few tears from her cheek.

"I, I love you too." She responded barely at a whisper.

"I some times wonda what if I woulda met yeh earlia, but then again, I fink this would still hurt." I said softly.

She nodded and I kissed her gently, "call me when yeh get there ok?"

"Ok." She said through her sniffling.

"Don't cry baby, I'll see yeh soon. Promise."

She nodded as she wiped her tears away. Her flight was called and my stomach twisted into knots. She looked up at me and I kissed her slowly. I wanted to remember what her lips felt like. Then again, I'm sure it would be hard to forget.

"Go before yeh miss yeh flight." I forced myself to say.

She nodded forcing a grin as she wiped her eyes. I kissed the top of her hand as she pulled back, "I love yeh baby." The words were now easier to say and meant a hell of a lot more knowing she felt it too.

"I love you. I'll call you soon ok?"

I nodded as I dropped her hand and watched her leave. This was the worst thing ever to happen, that I was sure of.

I walked outside to where the guys were all standing around.

"Gonna be ok mate." Matty said patting my back and I nodded, "juss sucks."

"I know." Oli said slinging his arm over my shoulders.

"If it's meant ta be it will be." He said and I sighed, "hope so. I juss told her I love her."

"What?" He asked wide eyed.

I nodded, "Yeah, she said it back so yeah..."

"Bloody hell, if she doesn't come back now, I'm gonna have ta put yeh on suicidal watch."

I rolled my eyes as we got in the car. He was probably right though.

It felt weird being at home again simply because I had been at her place for so long. Then again, it was just weird being without her in general.

"Look, yeh can get some sleep then distract yehself tomorra by doin shit for drop dead." Oli stated and I simply nodded before walking upstairs to my room.

I changed clothes quickly and climbed into my bed not even carrying what time it was. I pulled my cover over me with a sigh. I had to figure something out or I would be miserable.

I unknowingly feel asleep and it didn't seem like long after that my phone was ringing beside me. I debated on just letting it go to voicemail that was until I realized who it could be. I quickly grabbed it and instantly put it to my ear.

"Ello?" I managed to get out in a sleepy voice.

"Oh. Crap. Time difference. I forgot."

I chuckled, "it's ok baby. How was yeh flight?"

"Boring."

"Glad to be home?"

"I guess."

I chuckled, "what's wrong?"

"Nothing. Just miss you."

"I miss yeh too."

"Shut up Tyler!" She said loudly and I chuckled remembering that was her brother.

"Is that how yeh are in America? Loud? What happened to tha southern charm?" I teased.

She giggled, "it still exist. Just not around my brother."

I laughed, "I wish I could be there wif yeh ta see how yeh are round yeh family."

"I'm not different."

"Yes yeh are. Everyone is."

She grew quiet and I closed my eyes a bit sleepy still.

"Tom, go back to bed."

"No."

She giggled, "but you're tired."

"But I'd rather talk ta yeh."

"I just talked to you, what? 6 hours ago?"

"So? Before it would've been only 6 minutes ago."

She laughed, "true. So my sister informed me that she thinks you're cute."

I smiled simply because that meant she has been talking about me which made me feel a bit proud.

"Oh did she? And what did yeh say?"

"that I guess you were ok."

I chuckled, "oh I see how it is. So what have yeh been sayin' bout meh?"

"Just stuff."

"Juss stuff? I wanna know." I said as I laid on my back staring up at my ceiling with a smile that no one was there to witness.

"I mean, just about you."

"Ok, pretend I'm yeh sista."

"That's weird."

I laughed, "a bit but go wif it. Should I use a girly voice to get the full effect?"

She giggled, "please don't."

"Fine."

"Tom, all I told her is that you were sweet."

"I don't believe that."

"Wanna talk to her?"

"Yes in fact I do."

She groaned, "Hold on."

"Hello?" Some girl's voice I didn't recogize filled my ear.

"Hi, this is Tom."

She laughed, "Yeah figured. What's up?"

"Oh just tryin' ta embarrass Katie."

She laughed, "Oh my speciality. What do you want to know?"

"Ohhh juss what she's been sayin' bout meh."

"Oh ok well, I did ask about you, but then she proceeded to go into a whole spill about how amazing you are."

I chuckled as I heard Katie yelling something in the background.

"And how hot you are." She continued and I laughed as I heard something happening on the other line until Katie's voice was coming through the phone.

"Don't listen to her." She said a bit out of breath, causing me to laugh.

"Why? I fink yeh amazin' and hot too." I said and I could imagine her blushing right now.

"Shut up." She mumbled.

"I love yeh." I said still laughing a bit.

"Yeah, yeah."

I chuckled, "I'll let yeh go love. I'm sure yeh tired."

She sighed, "Ok."

"Let's skype tomorra so I can see yeh prettah face."

She giggled, "Ok, I'll see you tomorrow then."

"I like the way that sounds. See yeh tomorra sweetie. I love yeh."

"Ok, goodnight. Love you too."

I felt better than I have that was for sure. It gave me hope that what ever was in store we could make this work. At least I hope so.

The next few days I buried myself with drop dead things I've been putting off and by four each day I was beyond ready to talk to Katie. The time difference was nothing less than torturous. I dialed the familiar number as I headed back to my house and once someone picked up I almost spoke until a guy's voice filled my ear, "Hello?"

"Uh, hi? Where is Katie?" I asked trying not to sound concerned. Maybe it was Tyler. After all I didn't know what his voice sounded like.

"She's right here. Hold on." The guy said and he called Katie loudly.

"Hello?" Katie's voice finally came through the phone.

"Hey, Who was that?" I asked.

"Oh, Tyler's friend. I left my phone in the living room."

"Mhm, ok."

"Jealous?" She asked and I laughed, "No, just fought for a moment I had to come there and kill someone."

"In that case, yes. He's my boyfriend. Come here and kill him."

I laughed, "Oh I see what you're tryin' ta do."

She giggled, "what?"

"Yeh miss meh huh?"

"Well yeah, of course I do."

I smiled as I unlocked my door, "good. Well, look, I'm juss now gettin' home, I'm gonna showa and text yeh when I'm done and we can skype!"

She laughed, "Ok."

"So I'll see yeh in a bit."

"Ok."

"Don't sound too excited."

She giggled, "I am. Go."

"Bye." I managed to say through my laughter.

I showered quickly and put on fresh clothes not bothering to dry my hair as I grabbed up my laptop and sat on the couch.

"Hey yeh." I said to Katie once I finally got the picture working on the computer.

"Hi."

I grinned taking in everything about her that I've missed.

"Is your hair wet?"

I chuckled and ran my hand into my hair, "Yeah. Couldn't wait ta see yeh so I skipped tha dryin'."

She gave me a grin and I sighed, "I miss yeh baby."

"I miss you. Hey! So how about Tyler, Liz and Nathan took me to see The Maine last night." She said happily.

I chuckled, "did yeh have fun?"

She nodded, "Yes! And guess what?"

I laughed, "Oh gosh, what?"

"I met John O'Callaghan."

I rolled my eyes, "did yeh get a picta wif him?"

She nodded, "Oh yeah. Nathan is friends with his brother so we got to meet them."

"Who is Nathan and Lizzy?"

"Lizzy is Tyler's girlfriend and Nathan is Tyler's friend. The one who answered my phone a few days ago."

"Ohhh."

It was strange talking to her because it seemed like in Texas she was different from when she was here. She was still too adorable for words and her innocence I fell in love with was still there but she was more talkative and lively. It confused me.

"Tom."

"Huh?"

"You ok?"

"Oh, yeah. Course."

She smiled, "and what have you done today?"

"Work. Nuffin too fun."

"Come visit me."

"I can't righ' now. I wish I could."

She sighed, "I know. Me too. I love you."

"I love yeh too." I whispered although for some reason I was hit with a strange reality. What if we didn't have a future? What if this went on for months like this and we not once saw each other? What if someone swept her off her feet like this damn Nathan kid I knew nothing about? I mean, it wouldn't be surprising and what exactly could I do about it? I was far away from her.

"Talk." She said and I shook my head no, "I'm gonna go, love."

She frowned, "why?"

"I juss, got some fings ta do. I'll, uh call yeh lata." I said rubbing my neck nervously.

"Promise?"

"I swear on it. I love yeh baby. Have a good aftanoon."

"Ok, you too..." she said hesitantly and I knew she knew something was up.

Once off the computer with her I called Oliver and told him to come over. I needed to decide what to do from here...
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo next chapter will be a bit drama filled... :/

I keep getting subscribers but no comments. :( (Well of course StellaSykes comments because she's awesome...haha.) butttt feedback is nice. :)