Status: Active...very active.

Just Keep Breathing.

Lesson in love.

"Hey I'm Nathan." The dark, shaggy haired boy beside him said as he held his hand out.

"Tom." I managed to get out as I shook his hand. He wasn't what I imagined her liking. He was tanned, a bit buff from what I could tell, and well, a bit too put together. Then again, maybe it was odd for her to like someone like me.

"This is Lizzy, my girlfriend." Tyler said and I said hello politely.

"Ok we will be back." Katie said pulling me away once more.

"Yeh didn't tell meh yeh dated him." I said as we walked across the lawn to where the kids were playing.

"I mean, it was a long time ago."

"So?"

"I didn't think it was a big deal."

"Sort of is when yeh round him all tha bloody time." I mumbled falling into a chair beside the pool as she watched some little girl jump in.

"Well he's Tyler's friend. What do you want me to do?" She asked shrugging.

"I don't know. Juss didn't exactly expect ta find that out from yeh brotha."

She sighed and crossed her arms as she stared at me, "sorry."

I shrugged and she sat in my lap, "I just didn't think it was a big deal. I don't hang out with him alone, we dated ages ago, and I love you." She said sweetly as she brushed my hair back softly.

"would yeh like it if I hung out wif one of my exes wif or wifout someone?"

"No..." she whispered.

"Exactly."

"Ok, I get it. I'm sorry."

"Nuffin ta apologize for Kate. I mean, I can't stop yeh, I'm bloody miles away, I juss don't like it."

She frowned, "are you mad now?"

"No." I responded as I ran my hand into her hair.

"Ok, well, then maybe you won't be mad about this..."

I gave her a look as she breathed in before speaking, "so I didn't know you were coming and you know I talk to Matty a lot and well, he's coming here." She said wincing as she finished her sentence.

"Wait. What?" I asked completely taken off guard by what was said.

"Yeah, um, we talked last night and he was just in a bad mood so I told him he could come here for a while like for a getaway."

"Yeh jokin' right?" I asked and she shook her head no.

"He was in a bad mood cause of meh! I can't believe yeh invited him here."

"Why? We're friends and you were busy."

I was livid although I really had no reason to be.

"So should I leave?"

"What?! No." She said seriously.

I rolled my eyes and she sighed, "don't be mad at me. Please. I'm sorry. I didnt know you two were fighting again and it's not like I haven't invited you."

"Doesn't matta Katie!"

She bit her lip and I sighed running my hand into my hair, "when tha fuck is he gonna be here?"

"Soon. He was just going to meet me here."

"Get up." I grumbled.

"Tom! Seriously, don't be like this."

"I juss don't get how yeh fink it's ok."

"It's not like we're sharing a room or what not."

"Whateva."

She bit her lip and looked away from me. I hated upsetting her but that upset me. I mean, it was like I was kept in the dark about everything and it was all overwhelming.

"Katelyn! Some british dude is here and it's not Tom!" Tyler shouted and she looked at me before getting off my lap.

I sighed and followed behind her slowly. Oh did he have a surprise in store when he saw me.

"Matty!" She said happily as she basically jumped on him. I rolled my eyes as he picked her up and hugged her tightly, "hey prettah girl. I've missed yeh!"

I crossed my arms as he placed her back on her feet, smiling like an idiot. Once his eyes diverted to where I was standing his smile faded, "Tom? What yeh doin here?"

"I came here ta surprise my bird." I said sternly and he nodded, "yeh should've told meh."

"I didn't know I had ta worry bout yeh showin' up."

"It wasn't reallah a planned fing." He said dropping his arm from Katie.

"Mhm." I mumbled and Katie crossed her arms clearly uncomfortable.

"Why yeh mad?" He asked patting my shoulder passing me on his way to Tyler who was standing on the porch. I watched him pat the guy on the shoulder then start a conversation like they were best buds.

"Does he know him?"

"They've talked a few times..."

I laughed, "wow. Maybeh yeh should go ahead and juss date him. I'm gonna get my fings and go." I said not believing how this was all playing out.

"What? No. Come on Tom. Don't." She said following me to her room.

"No, honestly, this is perfect because I was unsure how this would work out. I mean, come on Katie, we're so far away from each otha, it was bound to be bad. I wanted this to work. I love yeh so much yeh don't even know, but I can't be paranoid all the time. Plus, finding out shit yeh don't tell meh worries meh. It may not seem like a big deal but it is to meh, a part of meh simply feels left out of yeh world." I said as she crossed her arms and tears rimmed her eyes.

"Yeah, Nathan would be a betta boyfriend he gets ta be here everyday wif yeh and hell, maybeh Matty will beh since yeh feel comfortable enough ta tell him everyfing and he's willin' to fly out ta see yeh." I added softly as I grabbed up my bag.

"But, I love you not them. I don't get this." She said as tears fell down her cheeks.

"Yeh will get ova meh. They always do." I responded with a forced grin even though my insides were in shambles.

"I never thought you were a coward." She said an angry expression lighting her face, something I never witnessed before.

"Why would I be a coward?"

"I love you and yet, you're scared and leaving because it's easier."

I shifted on my foot and crossed my arms uncomfortably.

"If you leave like this you are not who I thought you were." She said softly.

I sighed, "well yeh know what Katelyn, I feel like I barely know yeh."

"Then leave Tom." She said through her tears. Before I could say another word Matty appeared in the doorway a serious look crossed his face once he saw Katie crying. Probably because she hasn't cried since our arguement in Sheffield and it probably hurt him as much as it was hurting me to see her do so.

"What tha fuck is goin' on?" He asked defensively and she quickly turned around and flew into his arms.

"Hey, shh, tell meh what happened sweetie." He cooed rubbing her back and I stifled a laugh at how screwed up everything was. This trip, him, Nathan, her, me, everything!

"What did yeh do?" He asked so harshly I thought he was going to attack me at any given moment.

"Nuffin." I grumbled grabbing my bag once more.

"Yeh leavin'?" He asked and she cried into his shirt clearly answering the question for me. He narrowed his eyes at me as he spoke, "yeh a piece of shit Tom. I neva in a million years fought yeh would treat a bird like this. When did yeh become Oli?"

"Save it Matt."

"No! I always give yeh tha benefit of tha doubt, talk yeh up ta her cause I know how good of a guy yeh are and yeh go and do this?! Reallah?!"

I sighed, "move."

"Least don't do this in front of her family Tom." He said seriously and I realized he was probably right. I wasn't that big of a douche bag.

"Fine." I grumbled dropping my bag to the floor.

"Kate, Hey..." he whispered lifting her face to his, "go get cleaned up, ok? No more cryin'. Everyfing will be ok." He said brushing her cheek with a grin.

She nodded and he kissed her forehead before she walked to the bathroom not bothering to even look at me.

"I can't believe yeh."

"Yeah? I can't believe her." I mumbled.

"Really? So what? She dated Nathan in high school and yeah, she invited me here because she was tryin' to cheer me up! You're right, she's a horrible person. Dreadful."

"I neva said that!"

"Then what?! So she didn't tell yeh some stupid fings? Maybe because she didn't find it a big deal because it isn't!"

I sat on her bed and he sighed, "look, she loves yeh. A lot Tom. If yeh love her as much as I fink yeh do yeh need ta apologize ta her and make fings right."

"I know..." I mumbled.

"She's tha best fing for yeh. Don't screw it up."

I nodded and he left the room right as she walked back in.He gave her arm a squeeze on his way out and her eyes landed on me.

"Look, you can leave. I'll tell them you had an emergency and had to fly back." She said crossing her arms.

"I don't want that."

"Don't want me to lie?"

"No, don't want to leave."

"You said you did."

I shrugged and she sighed, "just decide ok? I'm going back downstairs."

I fell back onto her bed as she left the room. This was not what I had in mind then again, I guess I was to blame because I over think everything and yeah, maybe I am a bit paranoid but if you would have had the relationships I have had you would be too. I just needed to remind myself that she wasn't like everyone else. She was different. I had to prove to her that I was different too.

I forced myself off the bed and headed back downstairs in search for her. She of course was standing outside talking to Matty. I leaned against the door frame just watching her talk.

"You really love her huh?" I heard and quickly looked over to see Kara with a smile plastered on her face.

I looked back at Katie before speaking, "Yeah. I reallah do." I responded softly.

"I can tell. Stop worrying Tom. Trust me, she loves you just as much." She said and I gave her a confused look. Maybe she heard me talking to her. She grinned as she walked away and I sighed.

If only it was that easy for me to accept.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awe. :( do you think he'll stay or leave?!

So, Hellxoxsunshine is the most demanding reader/comment-er EVER!

All in all I will be writing a Matt spin off to save the baby pandas....lol

StellaSykes No lexi and Oli sequel, BUT they will pop up again in this story so just wait and see what happens. ;)

As Above_So Below YOU'RE ALIVE!! I was beginning to worry about you! Haha.