Status: Active...very active.

Just Keep Breathing.

Because you are no other.

"So what are yeh plannin' ta achieve by workin wif Lindy?" I asked just to break the silence.

"To write for her magazine."

"A fashion magazine?" I asked because she didn't seem like the high fashion type.

She smiled and looked back at me, "I just want to write."

"Well what would yeh wanna write bout?"

"Music."

I nodded, "oh about The Maine?" I teased and she laughed, "well if it happened then so be it."

I grinned, "who else do yeh listen to?"

"Um, I listen to a bit of everything. Honestly, I don't get why people think they have to sick to one type of music. Why can't you like metal and like a country song? I mean it's a bit wierd but it's music. What's the big deal?"

"Yeh make a valid point." I said honestly and she gave me a grin.

"Yeh listen ta metal?" I asked the genre alone making me a bit nervous. What if she listened to my brother and had some unknown crush on him. I'd go mental.

"I mean, no one worth mentioning."

I nodded, "so tell me Katelyn, who is yeh celebrity crush?"

Now I was just pathetic.

She laughed, "I don't really know. Um, OH well, the lead singer of you me at six is cute. If only he was American."

"Oye! Why would that make him betta??"

"Americans are better."

I rolled my eyes, "bullocks."

She giggled and she leaned onto the table, "and who's yours Tom?"

"Probably Emma Stone. If only she was British." I mocked causing both of us to laugh.

"Touche."

I grinned and leaned back into my chair.

"How long are you here?" She asked and I shrugged, "I don't know. I've had a few more job offers I might take. So maybe this week and next."

She nodded in understandng and I spoke once more, "How long are yeh here?"

"This is an internship. It's a 6 month thing."

"Well Sheffield isn't that far away yeh know?"

"No I didn't know."

I laughed, "well yeh do now. Bout 4 houas at bess."

"So you could come visit me if after this two weeks you decide, which you probably will, that we should be friends?"

"The chances of that are high."

She smiled and ran her finger along the top of her cup.

"Good." She said softly as she watched it intriguingly.

"Good? Yeh wanna be my friend?" I teased.

"No, but you look like you might need one." She joked, but little did she know that was true.

I smiled, "maybe I do."

She gave me a grin before covering her mouth to yawn. It had been a long day for us and I'm sure she was exhausted.

"Come on. Let me stop borin' yeh and get yeh home."

"You're not boring." She said standing up.

"Neitha are yeh." I said chuckling as she threw her cup away and we left.

"Where are yeh stayin'?" I asked as we stood outside the coffee shop.

"Oh the opposite way of your hotel. I'll be fine."

"I'm not lettin' yeh walk alone it's gettin' dark."

"Tom." She said with a smile, "it'll be fine. I've been fine up to this point and I don't want you to walk there then have to walk back. It's too cold."

"Katie, it's propa cute of yeh ta care, but I'd feel betta if I knew yeh made it home safely."

She sighed and I grabbed her wrist pulling her into the direction away from my hotel.

"Tom..." she tried to protest and I ignored her.

She sighed giving up and wrapped her free arm around mine that was holding on to her wrist. I don't know why, but I froze.

"Are we going to cross the street or stand here and freeze?" She finally asked and it shook me out of my thoughts.

"Cross tha street." I stated as we quickly took off.

I wasn't in the least bit cold now that she was holding on to me. I slid my hand from her wrist to her hand which she gladly accepted.

Friends.

Friendly thoughts.

I kept telling myself that as we headed to her apartment. Once we reached her door she unlinked herself from me and pulled her keys from her bag.

"Come in and let me call you a taxi."

"What? No I'm fine."

"Tom." She said opening the door and I was hit with the warm air. Ok, maybe I should.

"Fine." I mumbled as we walked in and I closed the door shut behind us.

Her apartment fit her. It was cute and tidy. Pictures lined her walls and everything was neatly put in place. A grin hit my lips as I fell onto her couch.

"Are yeh a bit of a neat freak?"

She frowned, "Maybe."

I chuckled as she sat beside me and I looked at the pictures on the wall across from me.

"Family?"

She nodded and I looked down at her, "Miss'em?"

She nodded once more as she pulled her knees to her chest after kicking her shoes off.

"Yeh assume yeh have a brotha and sista?"

She smiled, "Yeah. Both older."

"Awe yeh are a baby."

She laughed although she gave me an eye roll.

"What about you?"

"Um, I have one brotha."

"Are you two close?" She asked relaxing her chin on her knee.

I grinned, "Yeah. He's my bess mate."

"Awe. How cute."

I shoved her lightly causing her to go into a fit of giggles.

"Are you older then him?"

"Nope."

"Ohhh so you're the baby huh?" She asked with a smile.

"Sort of."

"I can tell. You have a cute baby face." She said patting my cheek softly and I rolled my eyes, "do not."

"Do so."

"Do not."

"Do so."

"Well yeh do too."

She shrugged with a grin and I looked at her with amusement.

"Fine. We're both babies I assume."

She chuckled softly and I brushed her hair from her eyes quickly causing a blush to hit her cheeks.

"What bout yeh? Yeh close ta yeh siblins?" I asked softly.

She shrugged, "sort of I guess. My brother more than my sister. Kara's five years older so that could be the drawback."

"Is yeh brotha one of those guys who punch people for lookin' at their sista?" I asked and she laughed, "No. I mean if I asked he would. Tyler's more of a lover than a fighter sort of person."

"Yeah if I had a sista I'd be that type. Not Oli though. He'd punch someone wifout question."

She giggled, "Oli's your brother I assume?"

I nodded hoping she didn't put two and two together if she even knew that is.

"Yeah he rellah doesn't look much like meh."

"I know." She said as she stared at me with a grin. My heart fell at that moment. So she did know him.

"So yeh know who he is?"

"Yeah."

"Why didn't yeh say anyfing?"

She shrugged, "because I mean, I don't care who you're related to."

I stared at her in disbelief.

"What?" She finally asked.

"Nuffin. Do yeh mean that?"

"Mean what?"

"That yeh don't care."

"Should I?"

I shrugged, "Most girls do."

"Why?"

"I dunno. They try ta use meh ta get ta me brotha or friends." I said rubbing my neck.

She chuckled at that, "No worries Tommy. I don't care who you know unless it's The Maine." She said as she patted my head.

"I assure yeh I don't." I answered with a laugh.

"Then who cares?" She said softly as she gave me a grin.

"I dunno..."

"Doesn't change much. We barely know each other."

I chuckled, "true."

"Plus, good for you I'm not really good at lying."

"I could've guessed that."

She smiled sleepily at me from where her head rested on her knees.

"Get some sleep love. I'll see yeh tommorra." I said softly with a grin as I brushed her hair lightly.

"Call a taxi." She ordered and I tapped her nose with my finger, "i'll be ok."

"Tom." She said grabbing my arm so I wouldn't get up.

"Katie." I mocked.

"I'm not letting you walk. So you can sleep on my couch or call a taxi."

"Is this that southern charm still?" I teased and she smiled, "Tom I'm serious."

I rolled my eyes and leaned back against the couch.

"Fine." I mumbled.

She smiled, "well which will it be?"

"I'll juss stay I'm tired."

"Ok. I'll get you some blankets and things."

"And fings? Like what? Yeh pajamas?" I teased.

"Um, I was thinking like a pillow but if you want to try anything on sure."

I laughed, "No fanks."

She smiled at me before sprinting into her room.

Was she real? Like was everything about her truly real? I mean she didn't care about who I was and she was so kind and sweet. Something had to be off about her. I couldn't let myself fall into this like I felt myself wanting to so soon. I barely knew her, but all I wanted to do was to get to know more and more about her. I couldn't help it.

She returned with a pillow and blanket and before I could thank her she threw the pillow at me causing it to hit my chest.

My mouth dropped open and she fell into a fit of giggles all the way to the floor.

"Oh now yeh askin' for it lil yank." I said quickly grabbing the pillow and before she had a chance to get up I hit her lightly with the pillow causing her to shield herself as she laid on the floor, "Tom! This isn't very nice!" She squealed.

"Um, yeh started it."

"It slipped..."

I laughed as I sat next to her on the floor, "oh is that so?" I asked amused.

She nodded innocently and I brushed her hair from her face a habit of mine now.

"What yeh doin' this weekend?"

"It's only Thursday."

"So nuffin yet?"

"Exactly."

I laughed, "Wanna go to Sheffield wif meh?"

Yes, I was completely insane. I just asked a girl I barely knew to go home with me...

She stared up at me and I bit my bottom lip in order not to tell her how pretty she was.

"Sure." She said softly causing a grin to hit my lips, "Yeah?"

"Yeah. I travel with strangers all the time." She sad sarcastically.

"I'm not reallah a stranga since we've discussed family and fings of that nature."

She laughed, "maybe not."

I stared down at her and she rubbed her eye with a balled up fist and I leaned down kissing her forehead, "Yeh tired Katie bug. Go get some sleep."

Her cheek were crimson red as I helped her up and I tried not to bask in the fact that I caused it to happen.

"Seriousy, If you um, if you need anything or want anything,help yourself." She fumbled and I nodded with a smirk, "fanks."

"Goodnight." She said and I dropped her hand, "night."

I watched her run her hand through her hair and quickly turn on her heels to enter her room.

Seriously, what was I to do about this? My whole plan of staying away from my heart was failing miserably all because of her.

I sighed and fell onto the couch closing my eyes in the process. If only she wasn't so cute maybe i'd find something about her not to like and I wouldn't want to go any further than friends. Yep. That's what my goal was for tomorrow. Find something wrong with the cute, sweet,southern bird.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay. New chapter!

Comment? Pwease? :3