What You Want

Surprise Surprise

I tucked a stray lock of hair behind my ear as I showed the guard my pass before entering the set of True Blood at Hollywood Studios. Continuing on towards hair and makeup, I replied to a few text messages not even bothering with looking up, knowing my way around the set like the back of my hand. Once I entered my personal room I set my purse down and went to work getting the makeup and hair products I would need for the day out.There wasn’t much for me to unpack, today began pre-production for the fifth season and only Anna, Stephen, Joe, and Alex would be on set today doing their screen tests.

Fifteen minutes later everything I anticipated needing was sitting out on the counter and I was tilted back in the makeup chair sipping on a Starbucks caramel Frappuccino and checking my email. All too soon, I was roused from my quiet time by Anna walking into the room with a smile plastered on her face. As much as I wanted to return the smile I lacked her enthusiasm but did my best to smile back anyways.

“I’m happy to see you too Bell.”

“Don’t get me wrong I’m happy to see you and everything but if you ask me it’s way too early to be here.”

“It’s already eleven o’clock.” She scoffed.

“Yeah, well your friends didn’t keep you out until three in the morning.”

I took one last sip of my Starbucks before pulling myself out of the chair and letting Anna sit down so I could get started on her hair and makeup.

“Now don’t start thinking just because you pull the tired card on me means you’re getting out of coming to dinner tonight.”

“I don’t know why you’re so insistent that I come with you, I’ll just end up being the third wheel while you and Stephen have your date night.”

“You don’t have to worry about that, someone is coming especially because you’re going to be there.”

“Who is possibly going to be there just because of me?”

“You’ll just have to wait until tonight to find out because I am most definitely not telling you.”

“Fine, if you’re going to be that way I’m just going to tune you out.” I huffed jokingly.

By the time I was done with both Anna’s hair and makeup we were both singing along loudly to the radio tuning our surroundings out. Turning around to put the hairspray down I couldn’t help but jump when I finally noticed Alexander standing in the doorway grinning.

“By all means, please keep up the show. It’s quite entertaining.”

“If you want to join us in our singing all you have to do is ask Alex.” Anna smiled.

“No, I’ll leave the singing to you two.”

“As much as I’d love to sit in here and chat, I’m going to get dressed. I’ll see the two of you later.” Anna said, leaving me and Alex alone.

Alexander quickly took her seat and leaned back for me to fix his hair for his screen test.

“Is it just the usual?”

He nodded in response and I got started on fixing his hair, carefully straightening his locks before putting the normal gel in and giving him what I had come to call “the Northman comb over”. Being so concentrated on my work, I failed to notice Alexander watching my every move through the mirror only managing to take his eyes of me when I would look up from his hair and come close to catching him.

“You are now camera ready.” I finished with a smile.

All I got was another nod in response and even though I found his attitude a bit odd I didn’t speak of it. Usually he was more than friendly and ready to talk never as cold and stand offish as he was being at the moment. I stayed for the entirety of the photo shoot for touch ups but once it was over I was more than ready to head home.

I gladly climbed into my Camaro that I had finally bought after saving up for a year and a half, blasting LMFAO on the way home. As soon as I was in the confines of my bedroom I succumbed to my sleepiness and fell asleep within minutes of falling onto my bed.

Two hours later, the setting sun casting an orange glow throughout my room woke me up and I quickly checked my phone to see that I had just over an hour and a half before I was supposed to meet Stephen and Anna for dinner.

Reluctantly I got out of bed and dragged myself into the bathroom coming out about thirty minutes later and rushing into the closet in nothing but my towel. I decided on a crème dress with a pair of purple heels hurrying to do my makeup and get out the door.

Though with my luck I unfortunately ran into traffic halfway to Craft and had to text Anna to tell her I was going to be late. Fifteen minutes later than the time we had planned on I pulled up to Craft, handed the valet my keys and rushed inside as soon as my high heels could carry me.
I could see Anna and Stephen sitting on one side of the booth as I walked towards them but I probably did the worst job of keeping the surprise off my face when I turned to find Alexander occupying the other side. I pulled myself out of my momentary stupor and took a seat next to him not thinking about the awkwardness of the situation.

“Sorry I’m late. Leaving early never seems to do me any good in the end.”

“Don’t worry about it, we’re definitely not in any hurry. To be honest, Alex was the only one who was actually here on time.”

“Aren’t you just Mr. Perfect?” I teased.

“I try to be, just trying to impress the ladies.”

“A lady always likes a punctual man.” I grinned.

Throughout dinner the atmosphere was unbelievably relaxed and I found myself getting to know what Alexander was like outside of work. Since I was such good friends with Anna I knew her and Stephen both at work and outside but it was very rare for me to see Alexander off set.

At least three hours passed before the last of our plates were taken away and Anna and I excused ourselves to the bathroom. We were standing in front of the mirror after taking care of our business and I decided it was the perfect time to bring up our dinner.

“Why didn’t you tell me Alexander was coming?”

“It wouldn’t have been a surprise if I had told you.”

“Well why is he here? I thought you said someone who wanted to see me was going to be here.”

“Bells, he is the person I was telling you about this morning! Alexander’s the one who asked me to set this whole thing up so he could see you. If you ask me I would say he’s quite smitten with you, always bringing you up in our conversations and asking if I’ve talked to you lately.”

“I highly doubt that. Chelsea told me she read where he said he loves living the single life and not being tied down. Besides, why in the world would he possibly be interested in me? Girls throw themselves at his feet wherever he goes.”

Anna’s only reply was a shrug of her shoulders before she turned and left leaving me to just follow her back to the table and give up on my questions. Once I was seated again I looked for my check, noticing Stephen and Alexander holding one but not seeing my own anywhere on the table.

“Did the waitress bring my check?”

“Yes, don’t worry about it. I’m taking care of it.” Alexander spoke up.

“Oh no Alexander, there’s no need for you to do that.” I protested.

“No arguing, I’m the one who wanted you to come to dinner the least I could do is pay for it.”

His statement made me wonder if there was some actual truth in what Anna had told me in the bathroom but within the next few minutes the thought left my mind as we exited the restaurant and I bid my goodbyes to the married couple. Watching their car pull away, I realized it was just me and Alexander standing on the street waiting for the valet to bring our cars around.

I frowned and looked at Anna who was grinning like a fool as she watched the exchange. After the checks were taken care of we walked outside together and waited for the cars to be pulled to the front of the building.

“Thank you for buying me dinner.”

“It was my pleasure. Maybe we could do it again sometime soon just the two of us?”

“I would like that.”

I gave Alexander my number and handed him his phone back just as the valet pulled up to the curb with my car. Alexander walked with me over to my car and like a gentlemen opened the door for me.

“It was really good seeing you tonight Isabella.”

“It was definitely nice talking outside of work.”

“I’ll talk to you later.”

“Goodnight Alexander.”

“Night Isabella.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, another new story. I have developed an amazing addiction to Alexander Skarsgard in the last four months. Comments are appreciated :)
Starting Day
Craft