Weekend Wars

100 YEARS.

It's time again. It's time for the Weekend Wars. Time to pretend, time to fight, time to take control. Running over buildings, through fields, through unknown cities. She'll always run. Unfamiliar voices, unknown faces, foreign planets. Species that don't exist and will never exist. She looks over her shoulder, the only sound that could be heard is her heavy breathing. Her hair sticks to her face, wet from her own sweat. Her dark eyes widen, her pupils growing smaller. She gets up and starts running again. She falls down onto her knees, her hands clasp the ground, trying to hold on. She can hear the footsteps coming closer, she forces herself to stand up and turn around. She grabs the gun from behind her back and shoots. She shoots with so much force, all of her anger taking control over her. She shoots until all the bullets are left in the species' torso. She falls down on her knees, next to the monster. The monster that has been haunting her ever since she was a small girl. She screams, sobs and tries to hold on. She tries to hold on to the ground, to the monster. Something is pulling on her legs and she can't help but scream louder. She tries to scream for help, but no one's there. No one's there except for herself. No one's there to save her.

She didn't win the Weekend Wars this time.