Status: Updates every four days.

We Way? Three Way!

The Goro People

Dun dada da! Becca to the rescue! I ran out back onto the stage as soon as Jill said Natalie’s leg was broken, latching on to Daddy Long leg’s not-so-long-legs.

“You gotta call the flashy light bus! You gotta! Natalie got broken!” I wailed. Then, for the second time that concert, everything stopped.

“You heard the girl, somebody call an ambulance!” Ray yelled, understanding my different way of explaining things. About a million cell phones were whipped out in the audience as the guys rushed backstage while I was left in front. I blinked as the crowd stared. Getting an idea, I grabbed the microphone Daddy G abandoned.

“Um, hi! This probably wasn’t what you peoples were expecting, was it?” Murmurs of agreement ran throughout the audience. Deciding standing was too much work, I sat cross legged. “My sister jumped off the stage. You might’ve seen her. But we can’t fly. So she broke her leg.” I explained. A person in the front row raised their hand. “Becca picks you!” I said, crawling to the edge of the stage and putting the mic in front of them.

“We get that, but who are you guys? Why didn’t security pull you off the stage?”

“Oh! Well, you might want to get comfy. This has the potential to be a long story. Before I start though, Becca is Becca, the girl who can’t fly is Natalie, and the girl who released us from our leashes is Jill. Anyways, once upon a time, we all lived in an orphanage place where we got to eat cheese and bagels and draw pretty monsters and bite the heads of Barbie dolls. Then, these weird people came in and one of them stole my crayons! But that’s not the point, those guys,” I paused, before pointing to the way backstage, “Were those guys. Daddy G, Daddy Longlegs, Papa, Padre, and Mommy. We didn’t meet Mommy until after we got to the house though because he was at an airport talking to planes I think. So now Becca and Natalie and Jill have new daddies, right? Well, Daddy Longlegs gave Jill a weird drink and she got all loopy so we’re not allowed to be home by ourselves anymore so they brought us here, but then they realized that if we were just out here somewhere we’d get smooshed, or lost, or kidnapped, or have our brains eaten out by savage zombie monkeys, so we had to put on child leashes and those got tied to the stage. Jill let us out because she chewed through hers, and then we got pushed into a mosh pit, and I think you all know where it goes from there. If you don’t please keep your mouth shut, because you should’ve been paying attention. Now they’re in an ambulance on the way to a hospital and I dunno who’s still here and who’s gone and I’m lonely. Any questions? Just pass it on to the front please, but don’t step on the Goro people” I whispered. “They get angry and then you don’t have any more toes.”

“So, you’re saying you got adopted by the band?” A girl asked.

“Yup! Orphanages always kinda reminded me of pet stores full of kids.”

“Do you always act like this?”

“Why not? Life’s way too long to live it boring always. Becca doesn’t like that question.” Jaws music started playing form the speakers behind me. “They’re back, aren’t they?” I asked, not turning around. Choruses of “Yes!” and “run!” bubbled up from the crowd. I took one look back, and there was a pissed looking Daddy G.

“Catch Becca please!” I yelled as I ran forward to stage dive, only to be yanked back by the back of my shirt. “Heh, um, well, Becca will see you people next time hopefully!” I yelled over my shoulder as I was escorted backstage where a new leash and a pair of mittens were waiting. “Eh, it was fun while it lasted.” I muttered, tossing the mic back to Daddy G.