Status: Updates every four days.

We Way? Three Way!

I Fought The Law

“The popo are outside!” I yelled, having been woken up by bright lights blaring through my bedroom window. As an afterthought, I added “I didn’t do anything!” before running out the front door clutching Cupcake close to my stomach.

“Excuse me, do you live here?” A female officer asked, pointing to the house. I nodded. “Do you know who he is?” She added, pointing now to Frank.

“That’s my Daddy.” I replied, nodding. “Well, one of them.”

“Are your, um, other fathers home?”

“Yup! Becca told them that the police were here, so they should be out soon.” As if on cue, Ray came tumbling out of the house, dragging Mikey and Gerard with him. Bob followed closely, and I could see Natalie and Jillian staring out the top floor windows.

“This girl tells me that the man hanging off of your balcony is her father?”

“Yeah, that’s Frank.” Gerard nodded nonchalantly.

“Now, do you know why he’s hanging there?” By now there were three guys going with a ladder to get Frank down from the balcony.

“He broke one of the rules.”

“But that’s completely unsafe,” the officer argued

“He’s a walking hazard anyway, always getting himself busted up and shit like that. Hanging there is probably the safest place he’s been in a while.”

“I think they’re gonna argue so you should probably go back inside.” Mikey whispered

“He’s MY midget guitarist, I think I can hang him off of MY balcony if I want to.” Following Mikey’s advice I ran back inside. Things were getting ugly. With a final glance over my shoulder at Gerard arguing against a police officer who I think was calling for backup I headed down the stairs for a change. I ran into the closest room and yelped when I felt the skin of my arm being torn open. Flipping on the lights, my face changed into a grimace. It wasn’t a deep cut from what I could tell, but it was bleeding all over. I heard at least 4 sets of feet pounding down the stairs.

“We heard you scream, are you alright?” Ray asked, leaning against the wall

“I yelped, number one, and yeah, but my arm’s blee- Jillian!” I yelled, she just drank my blood! MY blood! I’m supposed to be the one drinking it! “That was mine!”

“You were too slow” She replied, wiping her mouth of with the back of her hand.

“That’s just wrong.” Bob shivered.

“I like the taste of blood. Not a common flavor. What are you Becca, like B positive?”

“I don’t know, someone took it away!”

“Go rinse off your arm or something, and I never thought I’d actually have to say this, but don’t steal your sister’s blood.” Ray added.

“They finally got Frank down, and now they’re talking to Daddy G.” Natalie said.

“Oh… that’s probably not good…”

“It’s fine, I saw him smiling before we left.”

“Ray, was it an ‘I just thought of a new song’ smile, or an ‘I’m not going to go to prison’ smile?”

“I’m not sure, actually.” He replied, so they went back outside to figure it out. I hung back to clean off my arm before following. Frank was hugging a shrub, and Gerard was happily chatting with the same police officer who’d talked to me in the first place.