Status: Updates every four days.

We Way? Three Way!

Cake

“Cover for me Becca, I’m going out.” Natalie was out at jujitsu, and Jillian leaving would leave me alone in a house full of tall (mostly) musicians. Not as entertaining as you might think. She went out like this a lot. Trench coat, stolen from Gerard so it was too big, sunglasses, and a hat that I swore used to be mine.

“You never tell me where you’re going, take me with you?”

“You actually might be useful for this… Daddy G! Becca and I are going out for… cake. We’ll be back in like an hour.” She explained and then we were gone. We weren’t heading for the bakery though. Instead, we turned the other corner and Jillian dragged me into a coffee shop, where another person in another trench coat, with another hat, and a pair of party sunglasses, you know, the real big ridiculous ones?

“Frank!” Jillian hissed, and the man in the trench coat removed his glasses. “Not those kind of sunglasses, you look like a circus escapee. Coffee?” She asked, suddenly changing tones.

“Got it. Didn’t plan on Becca coming, you want anything, kid?”

“To know what’s going on, and a slice of that cheesecake, please.”

“Frank and I aren’t allowed to be alone together ever since… well, you know. So we meet up here when we can.”

“And Becca’s here because…?”

“It looks less suspicious if I come here with you. Frank could have just… happened to show up.” She finished as Frank came back with my cake.

“In which case, I’ll eat and leave so you two can do whatever bonding you had planned without me having to watch.” I said, blocking out their idle conversations with beautiful cake-y bliss. As soon as I was done, I grabbed Jill’s glasses and headed out. The only problem? My sense of direction was dulled horribly through years of barely leaving a single, large room, thus leaving me completely lost in New Jersey. Cell phone-less and without a backup plan, I scanned the block for the first friendly face I could find. Something clicked in my memory as a man wearing a hoodie walked past.

“Mister, can you take me to Mikey Way?” I asked, tugging on his sleeve to get his attention. His name was Pete. I’d seen pictures of him and Mikey together, and he told me they were just good friends.

“Um,”

“Look, I know who you are but you don’t have a clue who I am. This is probably confusing. My name is Becca. Mikey is my Papa. His brother is my Daddy, and I’m lost, full of cake, and I want to go home. So, if you don’t know where he is, call him and have him get me, or take me to him. Please.” I added hurriedly. He pulled out a phone and hit a single number, then handed it to me.

“Papa?” I asked, when I heard breathing on the other end.

“Becca? Aren’t you supposed to be with Jill…?”

“I wanted to leave early so I wouldn’t eat too much cake. Now I’m lost and I found the Pete man from your pictures and I want to go home please so come pick me up now?”

“Well, where are you?”

“I have absolutely no clue.”

“Well… that’s… helpful?”

“I know Daddy put a chippy in my shoe. Go call the police or something and have them find me so you can come get me, because I am NOT riding in a police car.” I said, snapping the phone shut and handing it back.

“Thank you Mr. Pete man.” I nodded as I spoke and I heard a car rumbling up to where I was. It was the white van. I smiled as I hopped in, only to find a stranger where Ray was supposed to be.

“Oops! Sorry! Wrong white van.” I explained quickly before jumping out and hopping into the one right behind it. “Please paint something on the side or else I’m going to get kidnapped.”