Status: Updates every four days.

We Way? Three Way!

Chassé

“Mommy, can you take me to ballet today?” I asked Bob, who was currently making coffee. No matter what time it was, someone in the house needed coffee. Except for me, because I was under strict orders from Nadia not to take in more caffeine than necessary. She was trying to get me ready for a recital. It was four classes away, which doubled my usual lesson time of an hour to two to get in all the practice I by ALL means needed. Not to mention coffee was just nasty to me. Natalie kind of didn’t need it because she didn’t drink too much, but occasionally there was a mug of the stuff in her hands.

“It’s Tuesday already?” He replied, looking at the clock in the kitchen.

“Yeah, and I’m going to be late. Now come on, tights do nothing to keep me warm and I’m already always freezing. Let’s go Mommy.”

“You’re hair’s not up.” He observed before he went to grab the keys from Gerard.

“Everyone else is busy and I can’t do it myself. Whenever this happens Miss Nadia does it for me.”

“I could try, if you want.” Bob offered hesitantly. I looked at him questioningly. He had very short hair himself, what experience could he have?

“Go ahead, wait, is that beer?” I asked, pointing to a cup next to the coffee maker.

“Yeah, why?”

“You can’t drive me! That’s not safe! I’m getting Daddy to take me. He’s drawing again. I’m trying to get him to make a ballerina superhero but he doesn’t want to since he doesn’t know how to draw them. If he takes me and comes inside to watch, he can figure it out.” I explained in a single breath, rushing down the hall to Gerard’s room

“Daddy! I gotta go to dance. You gotta learn to draw ballerinas, and Miss Nadia wanted to talk to one of you anyway.” He shrugged before shoving all of his art supplies into a bag, quickly throwing my hair up into a messy bun before we got into the car.

“Rebecca should drink blueberry juice.” Miss Nadia and Gerard were talking while I went over what few steps I’d learned so far.

“Um, can I ask why? That’s a little weird, even for what I’m used to.”

“It’s good for brain, and if she vants to dance in recital, she needs to be focused.” Her Russian accent was poking through at this point. I liked it. It was… different.

“Alright, anything else?”

“Do not vatch her dance.”

“What, why?”

“Girl’s like Rebecca like to be, hmm, different. If you vatch every veek vhat she is doing, there is no surprise when it comes to performance. It’s simply, eh, routine.” He grumbled in response to Miss Nadia’s explanation but turned around anyway.

“That was a good try at Chassé. Gerard,” She always said Gerard funny. “Do you have music in mind?”

“She’s the one doing all the fancy feet things, Becca, you got something you want to dance to?”

“Ballet music is usually kind of… boring. No offense, Miss Nadia, but I need something with a little more power. And lyrics that I can understand. Or really any lyrics at all. I want to be part of the music. Not like putting something on top of a painting. I want to be like a character in a story. Like, um, oh!” I whispered in her ear what I wanted and she paused for a moment before nodding.

“I believe I can make that vork.”

“What work?”

“Daddy, you heard Miss Nadia. If it’s not a surprise, it’s more routine.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is dedicated to SingingSinner, cause she's awesome.