Status: Updates every four days.

We Way? Three Way!

Kick Some Ass

“Onegashimas.”

“Alright, good class. Go home, take a shower, you’re all sweaty...” Sensei said to us as we bowed out of the room, picking up his Redbull on his way out. He was way too addicted to that stuff…

“You know, you really should work on…everything.” Eden’s obnoxious little voice popped up next to me as I was trying to roll up my gi top to take home. She was about my age, occasionally showing up to class, when she felt like it, and always trying to show everyone how it was done. I preferred not to make my voice heard, so I stayed silent, even though what she said had stung. “Your taps…they could use some work.” Yes, indeed they could, considering I was doing them with a goddamn brace on my leg and I’d been taking jujitsu for all of a month. I walked over to the door, intending to wait outside in the corner of the parking lot, since whoever had the chore of picking me of that day was generally late. Before I could get to the door, Eden came up behind me again.

“Oh, and maybe try showing up a little more often. It might help with all that…extra stuff, you’ve been carrying around.”

Again, I said nothing. There was no point in faking it, that it hurt like hell, so I just ducked under my sweatshirt and headed out to the parking lot. It was raining again, so even if there were tears on my face, and I couldn’t tell if there were, it wouldn’t matter much. It wasn’t the first time I’d heard it, and it shouldn’t have hurt me so bad. It was small and insignificant, and just a stupid comment meant to hurt me. But it hurt even worse than the judo flip we’d just been working on. Mikey showed up after a minute or two, he generally wasn’t as late as the others when picking me up.

“Hey, what’s up kid? Kick some ass?” He said, as I climbed into the back rather than the front this time.

“Not really. Thanks for not being late.” I think he might have picked up that something wasn’t completely right, but he was Mikey, therefore smart enough to let it go for right now. I got home and cooked something quickly, chicken nuggets and some rice, then left for another walk as they were sitting down to eat, before anyone could see that I’d gone out the door.