Status: Updates every four days.

We Way? Three Way!

Monsters in the Dark.

Tonight was the night. I had decided I was too old for a night light. I mean, I’m not a small child anymore, right? I’m almost fifteen. I’m a big girl. I don’t need a night light. It’s not like I have a choice now. I’m tired. I have to sleep. Humans need sleep. My night light, the one I had since I was left at the orphanage... was in the back of a garbage truck. It’s three o clock in the morning. I have to sleep. There’s no such things as monsters. I laid my head down on the pillow that felt so hard. Almost like it was wooden. I laid there in my room for a few minutes in silence. I saw something move in the corner. That’s bad, right?! Oh wait... it’s a fan. I grabbed Frank’s jacket, one of the ones he left in my room. I put it on and thought to myself “Frank wouldn’t be scared. Frank’s not afraid of anything besides spiders. I’m not afraid of spiders”. A gust of wind blew from my fan across my room. It felt like something was breathing on me. I heard noises coming from another room. This horrible static thing... voices were poking through. That’s when I completely lost it. I mean, people my age shouldn’t be afraid of the dark, right? I covered my head with a blanket and started to cry softly to myself. I’m all alone, monsters are trying to get me, and there’s probably one right above my blanket right now. I lifted up the blanket and quickly ran to the nearest room with light. Of course, it just so happened to be Frank’s. He was just about to turn off his light and go to sleep. I ran into him and tackled him to the floor. He looked somewhat happy to see me, but really surprised to see me like THAT.

“Frankthere’samonsterinmyroomandit’sgonnaeatmeIdon’twannagointhere PLEASE DON’T LEAVE ME ALONE IN THE DARK!” I said in the same breath. Tears were still rolling down my cheeks.

“I’ll protect you.” He said. He dragged me into his bed, which was a lot messier than mine. I was wrapped in his arms with all the lights in his room ON. We were all cozy together, me, him and a ton of unwashed clothes and blankets. He didn’t actually call me a baby? I take that as a personal victory. Even though I’m still terrified... It was almost six o clock when a loud bump woke us up.
♠ ♠ ♠
True story... only I didn't have a Frank, just my Fun Ghoul vest. This happened 6 months ago. I got another night light...