Status: Updates every four days.

We Way? Three Way!

Helena

Ah, drunk men…
Cheese soup was the requested dinner for tonight, once again, so I stirred that absently mindedly as Ray looked through the mail.

“Shit!” He shouted. But he didn’t sound angry, he was overly excited.

“Guys, get over here!” Gee came out of the living room and Mikey slid down the railing and jumped over the edge. Soon the guys were all in the kitchen, all having slid through the puddle of water I’d spilled and had been just about to clean up. Ray stood with an open letter in his hand,

“MCR’s goin’ to the AMAs!”  

“YEAH!!!!” And there were high fives all around. “Since you’re already in here, sit. Mikey, get bowls.” I said.

“BECCA, JILL, SOUP TIME.”

“Yes! Cheesy soup!” Becca skipped in a few seconds later, sniffing the air.

“So, teenage females…a certain band…okay, screw the vagueness. MCR’S GOING TO THE AMAs!!! Nominated for best music video of the year, Helena.” Frank made the big announcement. We were all excited, just not so much for the trip to California…None of us were very fond of planes. Or their food. Mikey announced that his bass was fixed and he was picking it up tonight, they talked about how awesome the crowd had been at their last show, and how Gerard’s favorite beer was on sale til Tuesday. Their last released song had gotten a gazillion hits on YouTube, and Gerard had a few notes written down for some lyrics and they were really coming along. Suddenly, everything just seemed way too happy. I didn’t want to trust it. Something was going to go wrong. We finished up in the kitchen and the guys went to go check out Gee’s new lyrics, while Becca and Jill went off to do something together, I think. Probably coloring. I tried to doodle for a while, but I kept ending up with thorny lopsided roses. I wrote a few poems that I left unfinished because I couldn’t make them work. Then I thought, screw this. I had to get out. I couldn’t take it. I took a Post It, scribbled “Be back eventually.” and stuck it on my door. In thirty seconds, I was gone and heading toward Morningside Drive. I don’t know why I left. I’d been so happy there. But I just don’t think I belong. Not now, anyway.