Status: Updates every four days.

We Way? Three Way!

Suicide Baby

Lately, I’ve been thinking. Then again, most people think a lot in a day. I mean more than usual. Mostly about how I was brought to the orphanage. The only person who’d known my backstory was the Boss Lady. She’d told me so many times. She didn’t really have too... I have the long-term memory of an elephant. If only I’d been old enough to remember it on my own... I’d only been alive for a few minutes when my mother had died. Something about complications from my birth. My father, after having had me alone for two weeks decided he was severely depressed without my mother. He called child services and gave an “anonymous” tip that he’d been hearing a child crying at our address. As I’ve been told, they showed up later that day, only to find me sleeping peacefully in my crib next to my father, who was hanging by the neck from a rope tied to the ceiling. A kicked over stool was just under his feet. They dumped me in the orphanage the next day, after making sure I wasn’t disease-riddled. I was lonely for a little while. About five years, actually. All of the others my age were adopted by the time they were two, but NO ONE wants the suicide baby. No one ever wants me... except Frank. He wants me, I guess. Gerard too. Also Mikey and Ray, probably Bob. I think Becca and Natalie want me too. Huh. Maybe I am wanted. My bed is crowded... oh well. I was cold. Natalie is warm. Everything always works out in the end.

Breakfast was... interesting. The guys came down the stairs very slowly and carefully. They were obviously still hurting from yesterday. I was too busy munching on toast to feel pain.

“Jill... get me an ice pack?” Frank asked. I tossed him some frozen peas which he immediately sat on.

“Sweet relief...”

“I call them next!” Daddy G shouted, still on his way down the stairs.

“You’re not going to want them anymore...” Frank said.

“What’s for breakfast?” Ray asked.

“Cereal and toast.” Becca replied. “And no, Mikey, I’m not letting you stick a fork in the toaster.”

“Frankenberry?!” Gerard asked excitedly. He always ate all of it when we had any... that’s why I stashed boxes of it in my room.

Natalie sighed. “Yes, Gerard. You can have Frankenberry.”

When Gerard was pouring himself a bowl of it, I could’ve sworn I heard him whisper “My precious strawberry goodness... mine! All mine!”