Status: Updates every four days.

We Way? Three Way!

De Grilled Cheesies

Ooh...a firefly…

“Natalie, inside, Becca’s cooking tonight and you need to watch her.”

“Okay. Meet Billie. He glows.” I left Jill alone with my new flying buddy. “Wait, why am I watching Becca?”

“She hasn’t even turned on the stove yet and Mommy’s got an icepack on his foot.”

“Kay. Going.” Indeed, there was Bob, laying on the couch with a box of frozen waffles over three purple-ish toes. We never seem to have actual ice in this house, do we?

“Hi Becca. Whacha making? And what happened to Bob’s discolored foot?”

“Food, hopefully the edible kind. And…umm…do you know if we have any potatoes?”

“Yeah, I think they’re under that pile of I’m-avoiding-your-question, right next to the chair of I’m-obviously-guilty-about-something.”

“Do we own those items? I don’t recall…”

“MOMM-“ A pale hand was clamped over my mouth.

“Damn you. Umm…well Ikindadroppedapotoutofthedraweranditlandedonhisfootbutthenhekickeditupsoithitmeinthefaceandmynoseisgonnabebruisedprettysoonandthenitbounceddownandhithisfootagainandhefelloverandhititonemoretime… on the cabinet.”

“Becca…you may have just defied the laws of physics…Well, giving yourself a bruise and Bob three broken toes in the process, but…other than that…congratulations.”

“Awesome. Now…how do I preheat this thing…?” She started poking random buttons on the oven. I half expected the digital display thingie to read “Will Self Destruct” any moment now.

“I miss Billie…stand right there. Don’t move. I’ll be right back.” I walked outside again. The sky was so pretty…

“Jill, where’s Billie?”

“Narn- Oh, over by the tree.”

“Follow me, my shiny buddy!” To my surprise, he did. Natalie’s an insect whisperer…?