Status: Updates every four days.

We Way? Three Way!

Cupcake

I was both relieved and terrified that Natalie had wandered back outside. It meant I was all free to cook how I wanted to. That could be good or bad. Throwing a pan on each burner and mumbling things in a bad Swedish accent to myself was how most of it went. Then came butter, bread, cheese, and in my own, several dinosaur chicken nuggets. I crammed cereal into all of them, though. All of it was good separate, how bad could it be together? Following the cereal came ice cream, then an assortment of frozen vegetables to make it somewhat healthier, and to top it all off, whipped cream.

“De grilled cheesies.” I said with a final flourish, sliding plates onto the table. Jillian and I were the only ones who dug in right away.

“Man, I never thought I’d actually eat asparagus willingly.” She said, wiping at her mouth with the back of her hand.

“That’s asparagus? I thought it was a gummy worm…”

“I think I have both…” Mikey said, picking at it with a fork.

“Since when do we have any of this stuff?” Gerard asked, pulling everything apart and separating it into piles on his plate. Natalie just stared down at her plate with a look of confusion.

“Dude. I left you for like, five minutes.”

“And my genius was unlocked!” I exclaimed, cramming the last bit of food into my mouth.

“C’mon, Daddy long legs! Try it, it’s really not as bad as it looks.” Jillian urged. Frank thought about it for a moment, before shoving a fistful of grilled cheese into Ray’s mouth. He looked terrified, for a long second, before chewing, and finally swallowing contently.

“That’s probably the worst good thing I’ve ever eaten.”

“Is that even a compliment?”

“Cupcake didn’t get any!” I shrieked, grabbing half of Mikey’s and running upstairs, letting everyone else figure it out for themselves. Bob stumbled out of his room as I passed, whispering about pop music and scary music videos. I sat at my newly added tea-party table with Cupcake, letting him slowly nibble.

“Aren’t you proud of me?” I asked in a whisper. I still wanted to hear what was going on downstairs.

“What do you mean, needs cinnamon? I throw in everything but that, and you can’t appreciate it?” I demanded. These fights occurred often.

“I guess maybe, but I don’t think the cheese would like it.”
Cupcake was my first ever friend.  He always told me the truth because he wanted me to get better at things.

“I know, Cupcake. Glad you like it anyway. I’m going to go back downstairs because I think I left some ice cream out and I don’t want Frankenstein to get into it.

“Becca, we need to talk to you about something.” Gerard said cautiously.

“If this is about how I leave my socks on door handles, I don’t want to hear it. They need to be warm.”

“No- actually, it’s about you and Cupcake.”

“What about us?”

“You… you shouldn’t be hearing him talk to you.”

“What do you mean? He doesn’t ever talk to you?”

“No, Becca, and we don’t think he’s talking to you, either. We’ve made some appointments with a couple of nice people,”

“Oh. So you’re sending me back.” I stated plainly. Jillian turned to Frank.

“The same thing happened about a year ago. She came back and broke a billion and one things because they made the unicorn mad at her.”

“Yeah, sent her off to some group therapy, thinking maybe she was a schizo, maybe she had anxiety, or multiple personality. Couldn’t find anything wrong.” Natalie added.

“They gave me bad juice. It was strawberry. I hate strawberries.” I finished.

“You still need to go. It’s a pain in the ass to cancel. You just have to try it once. You can bring Cupcake, too. First appointment’s in two days. I scheduled a three hour lesson with Miss Nadia to make up for it, though.”