Status: Updates every four days.

We Way? Three Way!

Evil Grandparents

"Hey Brendon." We greeted at a failed attempt at being casual. Where had he been for so long?

"Weren't you supposed to leave, like, last week?" Ray asked, not waiting for an answer before running into the bathroom.

"Missed my flight, so I hid in a duffel bag and flew here with you guys!"

"I told you Cupcake wasn't crazy! It was Brendon, not cockroaches!" I argued.

"Speaking of, how'd it go on the phone?"

"Well, he was a little surprised that he had to leave and the conversation had to be by phone, first off." Jillian smiled sheepishly.

"And... we just talked about life, I guess. He apologized some, but I understand"

"Do you want to talk about it?" Lyn-Z asked. It was too hard to stay mad at her.

"Yeah, actually." We all moved into the living room. "He- Richard, I mean, and my mom had a teenage pregnancy. ... that would be me, I guess. Richard was 18, mom was 16, so since he was legal he got custody of me. His parents... my grandparents, I guess, were really angry at him. They didn't think he could take care of me. So one day when we were at the park, he got a call on his cell phone. He said he'd be back in a minute." I could remember the day clearly... "My grandparents had already called the CPS to tell them I was alone. Richard told me he came back and found me missing. He tried looking for me, but I was born in Oklahoma and brought to a Jersey orphanage. There were no leads, my grandparents made sure of that. They had money and bribed the cops. I was dead to the world."

"So how did he find you again?"

"The interviews. He's really big into music and he saw us all on TV."

"It was ten years ago, though, how did he know it was you?"

"Who knows? But he knew Cupcake straight off the bat, so I believe him."

"What about your mom?"

"She's a girl named Ginny. They never married so he has no clue where she is now. They talked while I was still around, but once I disappeared she blamed him for everything  and never spoke a word to him again."

It would've been nice, staying with my biological parents, I think. But they hadn't raised me, and I had little to no clue who they were.

"He asked me to go back with him." I said after a pause. "I told him no." Sighs of relief washed over the room.

I just really hoped I'd made the right choice.

"Now... um, who wants to make more cookies?" Lyn-z asked.

"I do!" Brendon exclaimed, pulling out a floral apron.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the consistently late updates. Here, have an early one! ^_^

~Freak