Status: Updates every four days.

We Way? Three Way!

Going Home

The airport was, for once, deserted. The only voice came from the huge intercom echoing through the empty building. The Romance Crew was silent.

“Boarding for flight number 725 to Trenton, New Jersey, please make your way gate 7, thank you!”

I took my seat by the window, Ray to my right. This arrangement worked out well, as I’d been meaning to ask him something most of the time we’d been at the mansion. What with all the doors slamming and lights flickering, it never seemed like a good time.

“Ray,” I said, just as the plane left the runway. Rather than skirt around the topic, something I’d never been much good at, I decided to delve right in. “I think my sisters and I need to go back to school.” He opened his sleepy eyes and stared at me.

“Belleville High School is about to hate me forever. I was wondering when you’d ask.” He closed his eyes and drifted off. His tilted head gave me direct access to the ‘fro, so I put my head down and followed suit.

Dear Troposphere, for lack of a better he/she/it to address,

This whole year has been somewhat of a mess. New home, new place, same two girls I’d grown up with and always loved. There were times when Belleville threatened to tear me apart, and a lot of the time, I came close to letting it. September’s still young, which is reassuring. I mean, if I were to miss it, it wouldn’t come around again for a whole ‘nother eleven months, right? Fifteen Septembers I’ve been through, and it’s taken me this long to realize it’s my favorite month. Well, I suppose sometimes it takes a few interesting experiences to change your mind about something. Like going to school. I never thought I’d want to do something like this. I’ve seen high school on TV, kids getting thrown around, soggy lunch dumped in their faces, cruel teachers and late night studying for a test that wont even matter when the year is up. And the kids that get thrown around are just like me. Short, nerdy, secluded…and yet, I’m ready. Or, I think so. I mean, at the very least, I’ve got Jill and Becca to watch my back, right? …So yes, I’m nervous. I’m afraid of what this year will bring, because I don’t know exactly how much I’ll be able to take. The only way to find out is to have it thrown in my face and see just how much I can throw back. It’s also the only way to woman up and take on the world. So here’s to the new, very scary chapter in my life. The one where I leave all my past, pain, and problems behind, and…well, I don’t really know what. I suppose it’s time to find out, no? Perhaps I’ll see you all in twelve years with my son Drew and my twin daughters Charlotte and Lily. I’m sure they’ll love you all very much.
♠ ♠ ♠
Still no power.

~Freak