Status: Sadly, complete.

Blame It on September

You Gotta Get Home, Get On Your Way.

Zach POV-

"Zach has a crush!" Nathan sang.

I rolled my eyes at Nathan. "Shut up man!" 

"You don't like her?" Michael asked. "So , can I have her?"

"Leave him alone. It obvious he likes her, but we don't have to  embarrass him." Cameron said, placing his hand on my shoulder. 

"Thanks dude." I told him, sarcastically.

"Anytime Zach, anytime." 

     I shook Cameron off me, and glanced back at the white house. Ivory, that girl was seriously cute. The way she smiled at me, I didn't know what to do. I never get nervous around girls, but she sure did make me nervous. I could feel the pink rise up on my cheeks.  I couldn't wait to see her again. 

"Zach, come on let's go inside. We have to practice." Dillion said, as he walks up the side walk, to my house. I look around realizing the other guys already went inside, so I follow Dillion. 

•••
     I sat down on the steps of my porch. I gazed up at the horizon, watching the San Francisco sun starting to set. The sky was filled with reds, oranges, and pinks. My mind drifted off, in every direction; until the sound of a door being slammed filled the air. I swung my head over to the right, Ivory was there, standing alone. She was leaned up against the white railing, that lined her porch. I sat there thinking of what to do. I wanted to talk to her, but I was kind of scared. 

I stopped being a baby and decided to make my move. "Hey Ivory." I called over to her. She looked over and smiled. "Why don't you come over here?"

Ivory started walking towards me, I could feel the butterflies creep up in my stomach. I haven't had this feeling in a long time. 

Before I knew it she was standing right in front of me, smiling. "Hi." 

"Want to sit?" I moved my body closer to the railing, making room for her. 

She sat down beside me. "What's up, Zach?" She asked.

"Nothing, just wanted to talk to my favorite neighbor." 

"Ohh really?" She blushed. "About what?"

"Maybe to get to know her better."

"What would you like to know?"

"Um, do you like it here so far?" Was that a lame question to ask?

"Well, I've only been here for, less then a day. But I don't hate it so far." 

"That's great... Why did you guys decide to move to San Fran?" 

She looked down at her feet, before she answered. "New beginning... It's kind of a long story."

"Maybe one day I'll get to hear it... Want to go for a walk?" I stood up, reached out my hand to help her up. She noted my hand, then finally took it. 

•••
We started walking down the street, asking each other questions. I realized that her laugh, it was pretty adorable. And she picks her nail polish off, when she's nervous. 

"Okay, I have a serious question." I started. 

"Go on." She said, looking at me.

"Do you have a b-boyfriend?" I stuttered. I looked over at her, her fingers frantically chipped the purple polish off her nails. Making me laugh a little, to myself.

"Uh, no. I don't have a b-boyfriend." Her lips spread in to a smile.

"Are you mocking me?" I stopped walking and asked her. 

"Perhaps." She giggled. 

"What a jerk." I joked, grabbing her hand. 

"Do you have a girlfriend?" She asked, looking down at our entwined fingers, inspecting them. 

 "No, I kind of would like one though. Know any nice girls?" 

She shook her head, "No... Well I don't know anyone. I'm new here remember."

"I do remember. And it just so happens new girls, that don't know anyone, is just my type."

"Crazy." She smirked.

"Yeah." I looked at her, admiring her sparkling blue eyes. 

 It was just starting to get dark out, the sky was turning a grayish, blue. I stared up at the sky, as stars start to appear. Then look back to Ivory, "Come on, I better get you home."

By the time we arrived back to her house, the sky was a dark shade of gray. We walked up to the steps of her house, I still had her hand locked, tight in mine.  The street lights lit up her face, I could tell she was smiling. 

"Well, see you tomorrow?" I asked, sounding very hopeful. 

"Sounds good." 

"Cool." I started. "Uh, could I get your number?" 

She looked down and smiled. Ivory met my gaze again, and  shook her head. "Nah." 

My eyes widened, and my mouth hung open. I was at a loss for words.

A smug smile played on her lips. "Ill see you tomorrow, Zach." She let go of my hand, and went inside her house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe/comment??? :)

Who's your favorite Adub member? Too hard to pick?

Thanks for reading!