Status: Sadly, complete.

Blame It on September

Dont Go Falling For Mr.Wonderful.

Ivorys POV-

Zach's leaving for tour next week. 

I felt my eyes start to water, but I held my tears back. I didn't want seem like a baby. I kept my eyes on my hands; they were frantically chipping off my blue nail polish. Then I finally gather up the strength to say, "Oh."

 Zach places his hand under my chin, and forces me to look at him.  "We won't be gone for too." He says. 

"How long?" I ask.

"Seven weeks." He states. 

"Wow." I breathe. "That actually is a long time. It's a month and a half."

Zach bites his lip, and Sighs. "Don't think of it that way. Just keep your mind on the fact that you'll be seeing me soon."

I nod, and fake smile, it was the best I could do.

Neither of us said a word. He just pushed the swinging bench, back, and forth. After several minutes of a dead silence, he breaks it. "So, I got you something." Zach says with a smile.

I cock my head to the side, and ask, "What?"

He tucked his hand inside his pocket, and pulled out a small box. My eyes widen, I think I'm just a tad bit too young to get married. But then again, Zach is pretty perfect.  So, I do.

He takes a breath, and opens the box. "It's a necklace." He informs. "I thought you would like it." The necklace had a small music note charm on it,  made from diamonds; on a silver chain. My jaw drops, as I stare at it. "Wow, Zach." I exclaim. "This is so beautiful. But why did you-"

"Don't worry about it. I saw it and thought of you." He takes the necklace out, and puts it on me. "So when I'm gone, you can have this, and think of me."

I couldn't help, but smile like a excited little kid. "Want me to put it on you?" Zach asks. I feverishly nod, and he takes the necklace out of the box. I turn around, and pull my hair up. He place the silver chain around my neck, and hooks the back. Once it was on, I look back at him. And my fingers feel the cold, small charm. I smiled up at him, then threw my arms around his neck. I squeeze him so tight, and whisper, "Thank you, so much. I love it." 

"I'm happy you love it." 

"How could I not, it's perfect." I gush. 

"So, I want to make our last couple day together, special." Zach says, taking my hand in his. "I have a plan for our last day."

"Really, what is it?" 

Zach rolls his eyes. "It's a surprise. You will have to wait. Just don't make any plans for Saturday night, okay?" 

"Okay." I squeak, and jump in excitement. 

Zach laughs at me, and I felt my faces start to burn. Gosh, why am I always doing such stupid things? He's going to think I'm a five year old. I take my hands away from him; and I drop my face into my palms. Zach chuckled, and pulls my hands down. "Don't hide your face." He snickers. "You're too cute for that."

"You're too nice." I breathe. I lean up against Zach's shoulder, and hold his hand. "I'm going to miss you."

"I'll miss you too." Zach says, kissing the top of my head.
 
•••
The Next Day..

I woke up late, and was going to be late for school. Damn, I shouldn't have stayed up all night, texting Zach. 

I ran up the steps of my highschool, and bursted through the doors. The hallways weren't crowded as usuall. They were pretty deserted, except for two, or three kids. I went to my locker, spinning the lock. First attempt, fail. Second attempt, fail. Okay, what the hell is my com? 

I spin, 22-13-8, and finally it opens.  I sigh, and throw my bag in my locker. I snatch out the book, for my my  first block class. History. I nearly break my wrist trying to hold it in one hand. Gosh, that book is fifty-pounds, I swear. I take one quick glance in the tiny, locker mirror, then head to class. 

I skip up each steep step, and down the everlasting hallway. I come across room 107, and yank the door open. The room was silent, and everyone stared at me when I walked in. It was so uncomfortable; my cheeks must of been bright red. 

"Ivory, you're late." Mrs. Sulivan scolded. "Take your seat, and get the notes you missed from a classmate." 

I nodded at her, and walked to the back of the room. Nevaeh  laughed at me, as I sat down. 

"Can I borrow your notes?" I asked her. 

She handed me the notes and asked, "Why are you late missy, Zach keeping you up?" She smirks. 

I roll my eyes at her. "Shut up, I over slept. No big deal." 

"Okay, okay. So, speak of the devil, how is Zach?" 

I swallowed a lump in my throat, and then replied, "Um, he's leaving soon."

Her eyebrows bunched together. "What do you mean?"

"Tour." 

"Oh, that sucks, man. I'm sorry." 

I shook my head, and started to copy the notes. "It's okay."

After two more classes, I went to lunch. I was excited, it was usually the best part of my day. I really wanted to vent to Ella. She's the only one I could talk to about my problems. She puts up with me and all my Zach talk. 

"Hey girl." Ella greeted me, as I sat down next to her.

"Hey."

"What's up? How was your weekend?" Ella asked, before taking a bite of her sandwich. 

"It's wasn't bad, I got some big news. But how was your weekend." 

"Um, probably not as important as yours. What happened?" 

I took a breath, then responded. "Well, Zach told me he's leaving for tour soon." 

"No way, thats terrible." Ella consoled "For how long?"

"Seven weeks." 

"Well, that's not that bad." 

"Yeah it is." I whisper. "But he has a surprise for me, Saturday night."

"Ohh really, that's exciting. After that "surprise" I want a phone call, with all the details." Ella ordered, with a smile. 

"Of course I will." 

"Good... Oh Ivory, I love your necklace." 

"Thanks Zach got it for me." I said, trying not to get over excited. "It was  a little going away gift."

"It's too cute. I want an adorable rockstar boyfriend." Ella complained.

"We'll find you one." 
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyy sorry it's been awhile!

Thanks for the comments and subscribes :)

Also check out the character descriptions for this fic!

Thanks for reading! :)