Status: Ohhaii(: This story is UNCOMPLETED. I hope to make it AT LEAST 25 Chapters Minimum(:

Tail of the Wolves

Quatorze (14;Fourteen)

Recap;

"You should go look for her. You're one of the quietest wolves in this whole pack. I'd offer to help, but the more wolves you have, the higher the risk of her noticing." Kenzie nodded, oddly happy to have confided in someone, even if it was a wolf she hardly talked to. She stood up and looked at Konnor.

"Thanks. " She said. Konnor nodded and lowered his head to lick his Alpha's shoulder, respectfully.

"Anything for my Alpha." He grinned.

~ ~ ~
The Story Begins; Kendall's P.o.V.

I looked back once more, making sure there was no one following me. I sniffed the air cautiously, but only caught the scent of the water lying just inches ahead of me. I took a breath and stepped into the murky water, inhaling sharply at the icy feel of it as it drenched my dark fur.

I thrashed through the water, fighting the current until I reached the otherside. The moon was halfway across the sky now. I turned back to double check, at first not seeing anything, but at the last second before I turned away I could've sworn I saw a glint of something in the bush where'd been standing just moments before leaving the territory. I sighed, deciding it was just my paranoia acting up.

I took a deep breath, pushing past bushes until I caught a sniff of something familiar. Comforting and very familiar. It smelled of oak trees and smoked honey. A low growl, ferral growl, ripped out of a gray body standing just a few feet away, its head low to the ground and looking at me for a moment before recognition flashed across the body's beautiful honey coloured eyes. My heart stammered inside my chest, jumping into my throat momentarily. The head lifted up, eyes shining happily.

"Kendall! What took you? I thought you weren't coming for a minute there." His voice was husky, mesmerizing. I gave him a wolfish grin.

"I had to wait until I was sure no one would see me sneaking away. I'm sorry, Kodi."

"You didn't do a very good job." A voice snarled from behind us. Kodi and I jumped, turning to face the voice. My ears flattened and I layed flat on the ground, looking up at the familiar black sillhouette.

"K-kenzie." I muttered, eyes wide. She wasn't looking at me, though. She was watching Kodi.

~ ~ ~
Kenzie's P.o.V.

I slipped out of the clearing the way Kendall's scent told me she had done, and raced through the trees her familiar foresty scent filling my nose. I begged to the stars that I was wrong, but I couldn't be sure. Keeping my nose low, half crawling, I pushed past bushes and tree branches until I caught a flash of dark gray fur just a few feet away and I had to stop a growl from escaping my throat.

I looked up and saw a face looking back at me. It was Kendall, looking back with a look of fear, plain in her eyes. After a moment she turned back around and raced silently through the undergrowth. I followed her quietly.

We had reached the river, and she looked back again. I ducked quickly under a branch. As much as I wanted to stop her, I wanted to see what she was up to even more. The river was the southern boundary between the Ashen Wolf territory, and the South Water territory.

She lept into the river, swimming against the current until she reached the otherside, and I stood up as she looked back. Her amber eyes met my green ones, but she didn't seem to recognize me as she turned back around and dashed through the bushes, and out of sight. I followed swiftly.

Crossing the river more gracefully than my last encounter with the merciless water, I reached the sandy banks on the otherside, and was blasted with unfamiliar scents of the Southern Water wolves. I searched for Kendall's scent among the dirt and followed it to the clearing, where she stood close to a gray wolf, the same wolf that had looked back earlier before.

"I had to wait until I was sure no one would see me sneaking away. I'm sorry, Kodi." I heard Kendall say softly, her nose touching his shoulder apologetically.

"You didn't do a very good job." I snarled, harshly, watching them jump and turn to face me.

~ ~ ~
Third Wolf P.o.V

Kenzie snarled at the two wolves before her. Kendall was laying flat before her sister and alpha, ashamed at what she had done, betraying her pack by mating with a wolf outside the Ashen Wolf pack, but moreso at being caught.

Kodi growled and stood protectively over Kendall, head low and glaring at the black wolf.

"Stand down, Pup. You're lucky I don't march down to your Alpha and tell her what the hell you guys are doing." Kodi snorted.

"And what of your Alpha?" He remarked. Kendall shivered at Kenzie's voice as she replied.

"I am the Alpha, pup." Kodi didn't speak, but his stance remained unbroken. Kendall lifted her head to her twin sister.

"So, what now? I suppose you're going to march down to the den's and tell the Elder's of my wrong-doing and ban me from leaving the clearing? Well I don't care. I'm not going back without a fight, even if it kills me." She said, standing close to the Southern Water wolf beside her. Kenzie simply looked at her.

"What have I ever done to make you think I were a tattle-tale. All I have to say is that I can't believe you didn't tell me." Kendall looked at her, dumb-struck. "Just because I'm the alpha doesn't mean I'm not your sister. I can't say that I approve of this, and I'm not going to help you with this, but I'm not going to make it a big scene with the Elders." Kendall took a step forward, but Kenzie stepped away from her.

"Thank you." Kendall spoke softly, shuffling her paws.

"Don't thank me. You're not getting away with this. I have no right to punish you, Pup --"

"My name is Kodi," he snarled, interrupting her.

"Fine. I have no right to punish, you, Kodi , but if I catch Kendall sneaking out one more time, I will go straight to Rose and inform her of your guys' actions. As for Kendall, You're staying where I can keep and eye on you for a month. Say your goodbyes. We're going home." Kendall stared at her sister.

"But you said -"

"I said I don't approve, I wasn't going to help you, and I won't tell the Elders. We're going home. Now." Kendall sighed and turned to Kodi, nuzzling his shoulder, affectionately.

"Bye..." she muttered softly. Kodi licked the top of her head.

"Goodnight, love." He turned around, giving Kenzie one final glare, before striding off into the undergrowth that lead to his pack's den.

Kenzie was already a few feet away before Kendall finally turned around to head home. She sighed and walked behind Kenzie quietly.

It was a long, quiet walk. Neither of them speaking a word.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this took so long, Christmas is just so few days away and I've been busy catching up with school work, and me and my {ex} Boyfriend just recently broke up :/

Anywho;

I'm thinking about

A) Changing the beginning. I don't like how I made Malikai and Kenzie's relationship progress so fast. I feel that she warmed up to him too quickly for her personality.

If I did this, I would delete the story from Mibba and rewrite it on word, and then reupload it. All the readers who comment on /this/ story, I will send a private message when I re-upload it.

and B) Putting a few chapters in Kodi's p.o.v now that he and his pack are properly acquainted.

Comment your opinions(:

Comment/Subscribe/Suggest To Friends! (: