Status: Ohhaii(: This story is UNCOMPLETED. I hope to make it AT LEAST 25 Chapters Minimum(:

Tail of the Wolves

Deux (2;Two)

Recap:

I think he really likes you, Scotty’s words played over in her head once more, before she finally fell asleep under the calm autumn skies, the moon shining high above her.

~ ~ ~
The Story Begins; Third Wolf P.o.V

Kenzie jumped up and looked behind her, fur fluffed and ears perked. She looked around trying to locate where exactly she had heard the twig snapping. She let out a low warning growl as a silver-ish gray head popped out of a bush. Malikai. He pushed himself all the way through the bush and walked towards her. Kenzie stared at him in shock, the fear she felt before, evaporating into anger.

“Where the hell have you been?!” He said, grabbing her by the scruff and shaking her.

“Oh, I dunno. Here and there.” She said, sarcastically. She squeaked as she pulled her from her sitting position and started dragging her. She sat down roughly, jerking him back and making it difficult for him to pull her. He dropped her scruff and looked at her, anger flashing in his eyes.

“And you couldn’t tell anyone where you were going, why?” He said, the worry he had felt when he couldn’t find her in the clearing being replaced with impatience.

“Didn’t think anyone would care. Usually they don’t. Last time I slept in the woods, nobody even knew I was gone.” She growled, Malikai just shook his head at her.

“Let’s go. We’re going back to the dens.” He said, turning and walking away.

“No,” she said simply, laying back down between the roots of the giant oak. He turned and glared at her.

“Yes. Now.” He growled.

“If you want to go, then go. I’m not.” Kenzie said, her head falling atop her paws and eyes closing. Malikai sighed.

“Fine. We’ll sleep here tonight.” He said, giving in. He walked towards her and plopped down beside her. He smiled to himself, finding it oddly pleasurable, sleeping in the woods with the one and only wolf in the pack that caused so much trouble. His Alpha female. His mate.

~ ~ ~

Kenzie woke with a start and looked around, wildly. Malikai was sleeping soundly beside her, facing her. Leaves rustled behind her, and Kenzie jumped to her feet, spinning around and looking in the direction the noise had occurred. Malikai moved and mumbled inaudibly. An owl hooted overhead, and Kenzie jumped backwards, landing roughly on Malikai’s tail. He yowled loudly and glared at her.

“Will you calm the hell down and go back to sleep!?” He growled, exhausted.

“I never asked you to stay with me.” She countered. Malikai glared at her for a moment, before standing and turning his back.

“Fine. Have fun alone.” He said flatly. Kenzie’s ears went back against her black head as she watched him walk away. She looked around quickly and called him back.

“Wait,” She stopped, thinking of the words to say. He turned back and looked at her, waiting.

When she didn’t respond he sighed.

“Just come back to the den with me.” Kenzie looked at him, unsure. Her tail twitched uncertainly and Malikai walked behind her, nudging her forward. She stumbled forward, yelping softly and sat down. Malikai grabbed her by the scruff and lifted her up, tugging her in the direction of the dens.

“Come on, you great lump.” he said through a mouthful of thick midnight colored fur. Kenzie stood and walked back with him, too spooked by the owl and his nudge to her behind to care about her pride.

Once they got to the dens, Kenzie sniffed the air and quietly followed Malikai to the Alpha’s den. He walked through swiftly, eager to try out his new bed. Kenzie sat outside, contemplating on following, or just sleeping at the entrance. She laid down a few feet from the opening, laying her head on her paws and yawning. After a few minutes Malikai poked his head out of the black that hid the den and looked at her.

“Are you coming?” He said, walking towards her and sitting down at her side. Kenzie looked up at him, ears flat as she yawned sleepily. Malikai sighed, grabbing her scruff again and tugging her gently towards the den. She groaned in protest, not moving.

“Kenzie. Come on, already.” He tugged a bit harder. Kenzie growled, just loud enough for him to hear, forcing him to let go of her.

“What’s wrong.” He said simply, sitting down in front of her. Kenzie turned her head away, laying it back down on her paws. Malikai sighed impatiently.

“Why me…?” Kenzie muttered softly, not moving. Malikai looked at her, surprised.

“Why you, what?” He asked, laying down in front of her.

“Why did you pick me to be your mate.” Kenzie turned her head and looked at him, their heads so close that their noses almost touched. Kenzie’s ears were flat against her head. Malikai sighed, thinking on how to explain without it sounding bad.

“Kenzie. I like you. I like your stubbornness, your intolerance, your carefree attitude. I like that you don’t take crap from anyone.” he sighed, smiling in a wolf like grin. “Honestly, my father and the elders didn’t approve. They didn’t want me to pick you as the Alpha Female. They thought you would slack off and not do anything,” Malikai shook his head. “but I don’t care. I really think its just the exterior, and deep down you’re just a misunderstood pup that’s begging to be noticed, even if its for the wrong reasons. Negative attention is better than no attention, I guess.” Malikai crawled a bit closer to her, closing the distance between the two and touching his nose to hers gently. Kenzie simply looked at him, ears flat against her black, furry head.

“Come on. Its cold out here.” Malikai stood, grabbing her by the scruff again and pulling her lightly. Kenzie stood without protest, too cold and lost in thought to put up a decent fight. Malikai let go of her, so used to her being stubborn that it surprised him that she didn’t even attempt to pull away. Kenzie stepped into the den, hesitantly, sniffing around a bit and waiting for Malikai to lay down. She laid down a little bit away from him, and curled up in a ball, her tail covering her nose. Malikai lifted his head and looked at her, whining a little bit. Kenzie lifted her head and look at him, ears flat, once more. Malikai looked at her for a heartbeat before getting up and walking over to her, curling up beside her before she could protest and laying his head on her side. Kenzie laid there awkwardly, unsure of what to do before laying her head down and letting sleep overtake her. Malikai’s tail thudded against the ground softly, repeatedly as Kenzie snuggled a bit closer to him, stealing his warmth. Within a little while, they both fell into a deep sleep, dreaming of eachother. (:
♠ ♠ ♠
Aweee(: So kawaii.. n_n

Anyway, I do fully expect comments. >=/ How can I know if you guys are likin this if you don't TELL me!? How am i suppose to know if I'm doin well..=/// You guys need to help me along with this. =/// If nobody shows appreciation for it, then I won't write anymore..So let me know how I do as I go along with ittttttt.

OHKAIGO!